The Hunger Games

SimbaObsesser

Flying Dutchman's Sock
In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. The Capitol is harsh and cruel and keeps the districts in line by forcing them all to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV.

Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives alone with her mother and younger sister, regards it as a death sentence when she steps forward to take her sister’s place in the Games. But Katniss has been close to dead before—and survival, for her, is second nature. Without really meaning to, she becomes a contender. But if she is to win, she will have to start making choices that will weigh survival against humanity and life against love.

Has anyone read the series? (The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, Mockingjay)
What did you think of it?
Who's your favourite character?

---
For me, I am a huge fan of the trilogy and I LOVED the first movie so far. It's my 2nd favorite movie, behind The Lion King as my all time favorite. The trilogy are my favorite books. My favorite character is Katniss because to me, she's one of the best female characters I have ever seen. She's strong, independent, courageous, and caring towards the ones she loves. Also, she's very realistic as a human being. THG FTW! :D

Mayonnaise The Instrument

Imitation Krab
I've read it. All the characters suck except Haymitch.

PREACH.

Yeah, I found the book to be okay, but not as spectacular as EVERYONE said it was. It was rather disappointing. Nosey is right about the characters, but I liked Cato. Not sure why, I just liked him. But in the movie he had this weird short-monologue thing that was just out of place. He wouldn't tell them about himself. Ah, whatever.

Another thing that annoyed me was that it was way too descriptive for its own good. About half of the book is Katniss narrating how she hunts animals and exactly what she eats and drinks and stuff like that. If you cut all of that fluff out, you can turn a 300 page book into a 100 page book. That's a way to make three books one as well, I guess. I don't know, that's just me.

On an unrelated note, I'm watching the movie in class. :shiftyninja:

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
Did not read the books...dont plan to

Watched the first movie in theaters...was not that impressed but it wasn't bad.

Back