Disney The Ghost And Molly McGee Semi-Review

meko1432

Happiest Sponge Alive
Plot Synopsis

The McGee family have been moving for a long time but finally decided that they will have their forever home in the small town of Brighton, unfortunately the house they will be living in, more specifically the attic, is haunted by Scratch, a small but powerful ghost that has been tasked with keeping the levels of sadness in Brighton to a good amount by the ghost council, unfortunately this mission is compromised when Molly, the McGee’s always positive and always friendly daughter makes the attic her new room and thus runs into Scratch that tries to make her leave by accidentally cursing himself into being magically bound together with her for eternity, the story unfolds as they live their daily lives deepening their difficult friendship finding comfort in being each other’s first friend here in the city if Brighton.

The Characters

Molly: I’ve seen my fair share of upbeat shows, so I know of the dreaded trope of the bubbly and always smiling female main character, and although Molly might seem just that at first it quickly becomes obvious that this is just a way for her to cope with having to move so much and having to leave behind so many friendships. She also surprisingly is prone to give up on things when she feels she has done all she could, which is actually refreshing in these types of characters. Plus she is just plain fun to watch, her dialogue is energetic without being annoying and her relationship with Scratch and Libby is very heartwarming.

Scratch: I’ve heard people say that Scratch is the weakest part of this show and I couldn’t disagree more, he is a really good blend of rude and sincere, with him also needing to balance his work life as a ghost with his new life with his new friend, and as the series goes on and he learns to warm up to Molly he becomes extremely likeable, which is made extremely easier by the great voice acting behind him.

Libby: Molly’s second friend she makes in Brighton, a very shy girl with a love for turtles and that enjoys every second of her time with Molly just as Molly does with her, another very heartwarming friendships that spawns some very funny moments.

The McGee family: They aren’t really explored apart from a few episodes each but they are all nice people that want to do their best to become a part of Brighton’s community while also welcoming with open arms Scratch as part of their family.

Andrea: Pretty standard rich and popular girl that actually just wants her parents to care for her, nothing too different from Pacifica in the first seasons of gravity falls, but I expect more from her in season 2.

Back