The Future of SpongeBob DVDs

Toomas

Part Computer or Something
So with season 9 coming out on DVD (with a late announcement), what do you think is the future of SpongeBob home video? I believe it'll go on until the show ends which by the looks of it, could POSSIBLY be 2019 for the 20th anniversary (Although knowing Nick's current state, could be another 30 seasons). Hopefully a season 10 DVD will come out early next year and a Legend of Boo-Kini bottom DVD after it airs since they tend to do that. Let me know what you think!

AquaticKonquest

Fudanshi
I'm still waiting for a Region 2 release of Season 9 to be released...I do hope SpongeBob DVDs are still being made in the future...
I mean, I can't see them stopping anytime soon, because SpongeBob's still very popular and they've got a couple seasons more to make DVDs for so there's that.

BitBob PixelPants

Frozen Cephalopod
only season releases cause Paramount USA is just "Too Lazy" to make another DVD. i know they can do it any time but they just choose not to do it. like for instance, they are just releasing TMNT DVDs like hot cakes and yet they can't release SpongeBob? that's just absurd.

BenPaz: Act Zero

My Waifu
only season releases cause Paramount USA is just "Too Lazy" to make another DVD. i know they can do it any time but they just choose not to do it. like for instance, they are just releasing TMNT DVDs like hot cakes and yet they can't release SpongeBob? that's just absurd.
I don't know if you know this but the tmnt dvds are in production order. The show doesn't get season sets so these are basically the equivalent of season volumes for the show. It's also a show with continuity so it kind of has to be released on DVD. Spongebob has no real reason for regular dvd compilations besides a select few on the internet who want them.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Other than collection purposes there's zero reason to buy non-season DVDs. The market that buys them is too niche to make them worth it. Better to have a less cluttered marketplace for SpongeBob DVDs if you ask me.

Anyways all I want is a Blu-Ray for season 9. Maybe a season 10 Blu-Ray too, I have no intentions on buying a season 10 DVD but a season 10 Blu-Ray would be tempting.

Back