The future of SBM? :10 Years Later…

SpongeOddFan

lel

3,040 posts
$2,415 doubloons
Ten years ago, the original topic was made by Stinkoman 20X6 who asked the users on what’s like the future for SBM. Although, the thread has gone from normal conversation to off-topic (which is kind of cringe from I read it). We had a similar topic, and I thought it would be interesting to create new one to see how SBM has changed since 10 years ago.

Here’s some things that SBM has changed since 2008:

November 25, 2008 – Abney moves his content from SBR (SpongeBob Revoluation) to SBM (SpoongeBuddy Mania). unfortunately, it wasn’t finish by that time the site crashed in late-December (oops).

April 3rd, 2009 – SBM celebrated its 5th anniversary.

June 7th, 2009 – SBM has reached 400,000th post on the forums.

December 9, 2009 – SBM was featured on Beckett price guide magazine on with dedicated section to top 10 SB fansite which was to celebrate SpongeBob’s 10th anniversary. SBM was placed #3 on the list if you’re curious to know.

Christmas Day 2010 – SBM released v4 which it has some nostalgia for some users. It is also popular skin around that time.

2010-2011 – SBM began to decline in activity due to less active members were online between 20 and 36 daily.

March 20, 2011 – SBM made an archive for “Sarah’s SpongeBob SquarePants Shrine”.

New Year’s Day 2012 – SBM released v5 on their site/forums.

July 27, 2012 – SBM released v5.5 on that day.

August 11, 2012 – SBM add VIP group to their forum. Shout goes to JJumper who was very 1st VIP member on SBM history.

August 21, 2012 – SBM Wiki was created. (of course the original wiki was forever gone for some reasons so I assume this is rebooted?).
August 27, 2012 – SBM finally reached 500,000th post which was DMAP posted ( ☹) which it took 8 years to get there…wow

April 22, 2013 – SBM has 4,000 members in total.

August 3, 2013 – SBM released v6 which it was five years ago….dang

2013 in general – The forums has new genernation of users which sparks new era of SBM.

April 3rd, 2014 – SBM celebrated their 10th year anniversary of the site.

July 2, 2016 – SBM has reached one millionth post at that time.

July 2018 – things went oddily went wrong when a lot of users were migrated to SBC due to July’s event that occurred. Some members say the original topic was kind of predicted the events that leads to this while other users said the forum wasn’t very active that much due to how the drama caused it.

Share your thoughts on current events on SBM, and how it impacted since original topic was made in 2008?

Discuss.

jack_of_all_traids

I give up.

1,311 posts
$594 doubloons
I think that ten years from now, I'll still go on the site, but I think by then activity will have either hit rock bottom or a new generation of users will have taken over the site.

Chris

Floridian

580 posts
$505 doubloons
I think SSJ will still be here 10 years from now.

Not sure about me.

SBRoxMan

SpongeBobRocksMan

4,741 posts
$366 doubloons
I'll probably still be here in 10 years time

I mean, I was there at the time when that topic was made soooo....

BobCarotte

MOAR FEELING

5,232 posts
$9,048 doubloons
I most likely will be a Friend (retired staff) in 2028 but I'd probably visit the site when I can.

The Drifter

Some person.

6,736 posts
$632 doubloons
I started stop visiting this forum when my interest with SpongeBob starts waning. By early 2018 I'm just not interested in SpongeBob anymore.

Instead my interest now completely shifts towards sci fi and fantasy genre so now I'm active on forums dedicated to those instead.

jack_of_all_traids

I give up.

1,311 posts
$594 doubloons
Yeah by 2028 I don't think I'll be too into SpongeBob anymore, but I'll still hang around due to the awesome community.

Chris

Floridian

580 posts
$505 doubloons
IAmASpookyGoober2004 said:
I plan on being a fan of the show for as long as I can, but when I do eventually lose interest, I'll still stay here too.
I'm more interested in SpongeBob than I was when I was younger and I watched it around that time period too.

I watched it when it was new to television. I remember Plankton being introduced.

IAmAGoofyGoober2004

see ya

1,525 posts
$2,097 doubloons
Chris said:
I'm more interested in SpongeBob than I was when I was younger and I watched it around that time period too.

I watched it when it was new to television. I remember Plankton being introduced.
I wish I watched it when it premiered! You're lucky! :D