The First Episode that Made You Stop Watching SpongeBob for a While

PizzaWinner

What was the first episode that made you realize that SpongeBob is not the same anymore and made you stop watching due to how bad the episode was?

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
Not necessarily bad or anything but more like I just gradually lost interest back in 2006. I can't remember what was the last episode I watched before taking an 8 year hiatus from watching any SpongeBob at all. I did remember watching "Best Day Ever" and "Karate Island" on TV and kinda heard about "The Gift of Gum."

Cha

I love SBM
I think it was during the Legends series if I'm correct. Or maybe I was just behind on episodes in general. Either way I didn't like s7 that much. :p

BabySmitty

Porous Freak
I think it was "Funny Pants."

Pretty much everything about that episode is just... wrong. Spongebob was never that annoying in the original seasons. And the fact that he's got an annoying laugh was usually made fun of by the writers (like in "Something Smells" and "Plankton.")

More

VIP
There was really none that got me to stop watching, even if I lost interest some time I would still catch the latest episode no matter what. I think I may have lost interest sometime when Demolition Doofus premiered, though.

toasterstrutel

Krabby Patty Burglar
Well, I started watching during Season 5. I think I remember watching the premier of AtlantisSquarepantis. The funny thing is I didn't like it when I saw it. I also remember seeing other epps premier like Who Bob what pants, The big one, and clash of triton.

OWM

XD
I stopped watching after the SpongeBash. I remember this being the first episode I thought was truly bad.
[titlecard]129a[/titlecard]

BrickSponge2015

See You Ocean Man...
TheSlash-BringingHasher said:
Ummm.. nothing really. During season 6&7 I was too young to realize most of theses episodes were crap.
Took the words right out of my mouth, except with 5&6. However when I did get old enough to understand Season 7 was crap, I remained faithful.

Big Meaty Claws

K I D S
Probably Legends of Bikini Bottom.

For the most part, Sponge-Cano! The ending was such a cruel kick in the face and it made Squidward look like a worthless, miserable character.

Trenchbillies, also. It was just so painfully boring that I WANTED it to end. Oh, and I despise the grotesque designs of the hillbilly fish. What happened to the Plankton's Army's hillbillies? They had funny and charming designs.

iedasb

Crazy Artist
Season four, Fear of a Krabby Patty.

But I regret, I watched some after this one, but... Well, it wasnt that fun. But now I regret, epidodes are fun on their own way, even the ones Spongebob is annoying.

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
BabySmitty said:
I think it was "Funny Pants."

Pretty much everything about that episode is just... wrong. Spongebob was never that annoying in the original seasons. And the fact that he's got an annoying laugh was usually made fun of by the writers (like in "Something Smells" and "Plankton.")
Finally…someone who gets it. Funny Pants & All That Glitters are basically the same episode.

iedasb said:
Season four, Fear of a Krabby Patty.

But I regret, I watched some after this one, but... Well, it wasnt that fun. But now I regret, epidodes are fun on their own way, even the ones Spongebob is annoying.
:fred: One of the best season opening episodes, imo.

iedasb

Crazy Artist
ssj4gogita4 said:
:fred: One of the best season opening episodes, imo.
This is why I regret so much. I listened to lots of people saying bad things about the show...
My family was really getting upset by my craziness about Spongebob...
I enjoy this episode now.

BabySmitty

Porous Freak
ssj4gogita4 said:
Finally…someone who gets it. Funny Pants & All That Glitters are basically the same episode.
They're both awful. Both of them have some pretty fun off-model drawings and visually I think they're a lot nicer to look at than how stiff the show was in season 3 and later on....

but good god, Spongebob was not that annoying/weepy in earlier episodes. And if he was... it was genuinely funny. Like off-hand mentioning that he cried for 20 minutes after stubbing his toe, or his freakouts when it was either very funny (Karate Choppers) or sad (Grandma's Kisses.)

The only crying gags that were funny in ATG were Patrick suddenly joining him, or the therapist gag. But AGH.... dude needs serious therapy.

and then there's A Day Without Tears.... that episode is funny for all the wrong reasons.

Back