The Fairly OddParents' History of Cancellation.

McSponge

Frozen Cephalopod
Butch Hartman recently released an amusing video, focusing on the subject of the FOP's history of cancellation (It was cancelled 5 times by Nickelodeon).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43VxQEuKqww&feature=push-u&attr_tag=UoPU3ZGO2BtkINLj-6

I must say, this video was pretty funny (With some slight jabs towards the top dog, or should I say, top sponge of the network), and even had a SpongeBob Meets the Strangler vibe to it.

McSponge

Frozen Cephalopod
Yeah. The only part of his video I don't like is the borderline Clickbait thumbnail and title. He's been doing that in his videos lately, and it's really annoying to see him pull that attention-grabbing crap. Otherwise, he still produces good content.

Squidwardiard

Frozen Cephalopod
It's interesting it was cancelled and brought back that many times. I heard Butch Hartman said in a podcast that part of the reason for this was because of network politics. I feel like another reason is because FOP clearly had the potential to be a long-running franchise, but it ran out of steam at times. I think it's the kind of show that sometimes needed an extra push to keep it going like adding Poof and Sparky. They tried with Chloe, but that failed to keep the show running. Now Loud House took its place as 2nd most popular Nicktoon.

Ellie Williams

Moby Dollar
Just saw the video last night and it was pretty interesting how one cartoon gets cancelled 5 times then brought back also does this mean FOP won't be getting season 11 since Butch Hartman's departure from Nickelodeon?

yeah. This is why you should never work with Nickelodeon. Awesome video from Butch himself.

Flabby Patty

Flabby Patty > Krusty Krab
It was quite amusing, but it certainly could have had a little more detail as to what part of the show each cancellation happened (plus a little extra humor). :thumbsup:

Though I'm still salty FOP now does not have a proper finale and that all their final episodes were wasted on Nicktoons. I'm not sure even then if Nick could rerun those on the main channel, but about the finale - it's a shame Butch forgot that when he was preparing to leave the channel. That also explains why Bunsen was a one-season dud (+a hefty chunk of Nicktoons burnoffs!) and Danny Phantom's mired again (though he'd actually like to return for that).

BatteryMill said:
It was quite amusing, but it certainly could have had a little more detail as to what part of the show each cancellation happened (plus a little extra humor). :thumbsup:

Though I'm still salty FOP now does not have a proper finale and that all their final episodes were wasted on Nicktoons. I'm not sure even then if Nick could rerun those on the main channel, but about the finale - it's a shame Butch forgot that when he was preparing to leave the channel. That also explains why Bunsen was a one-season dud (+a hefty chunk of Nicktoons burnoffs!) and Danny Phantom's mired again (though he'd actually like to return for that).
no FOP did have a proper finale. In fact 4 good finales for goodness sake.

Channel Chasers

Fairy Idol

Wishology

Meet the OddParents

Now I don't know If all of them were supposed to be written as the final episodes but you can pick any of these episodes as your finale and there's be nothing wrong with that because all of these episodes are good way to end the show (well, the status quo of Wishology sucked tho).

McSponge

Frozen Cephalopod
Master WhoBruh said:

Channel Chasers

Fairy Idol

Wishology

Meet the OddParents

Now I don't know If all of them were supposed to be written as the final episodes but you can pick any of these episodes as your finale and there's be nothing wrong with that because all of these episodes are good way to end the show (well, the status quo of Wishology sucked tho).
Personally, I always found Wishology to be overrated, and I always thought Fairy Idol sucked. Meet the OddParents and Channel Chasers are excellent episodes though, two of the very best in the series.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
McSponge said:
Personally, I always found Wishology to be overrated, and I always thought Fairy Idol sucked. Meet the OddParents and Channel Chasers are excellent episodes though, two of the very best in the series.
Crazy man.

McSponge

Frozen Cephalopod
Honest Slug said:
Crazy man.
I personally never found myself liking Fairy Idol's overall sense of Mean-Spirited nature within the characters. I can appreciate this form of comedy, but I personally just don't find the majority of the episode to be funny. Wishology is fine, but it's not as cracked up as many people say it is (The 2nd part was the highlight, especially the ending).

Hoopla!

Pepper Jack Cheese

Channel Chasers

Fairy Idol

Wishology

Meet the OddParents

Channel Chasers is very overrated, but seems like a good ending
Fairy Idol is alright
Wishology is actually quite good
Meet the OddParents really should've been the finale

I hate Fairly Idol with a passion. Meet the OddParents should have been the last episode.

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
McSponge said:
I personally never found myself liking Fairy Idol's overall sense of Mean-Spirited nature within the characters. I can appreciate this form of comedy, but I personally just don't find the majority of the episode to be funny. Wishology is fine, but it's not as cracked up as many people say it is (The 2nd part was the highlight, especially the ending).
omg I'm not the only one who disliked Fairy Idol <3

I also found abracatastrophe boring tbh

Squidwardiard

Frozen Cephalopod
It's funny how Butch said Bunsen was the caboose of his cartoon train. I wonder if he was talking about how it only lasted one season and didn't last long at all compared to his other shows.

McSponge

Frozen Cephalopod
Squidwardiard said:
It's funny how Butch said Bunsen was the caboose of his cartoon train. I wonder if he was talking about how it only lasted one season and didn't last long at all compared to his other shows.
He was listing the different sections of the train in order of his cartoons' debut.

Squidwardiard

Frozen Cephalopod
McSponge said:
He was listing the different sections of the train in order of his cartoons' debut.
I know, but the way he said it made me think he could possibly be talking about something else too. He used the train metaphor in a podcast before, and he said something along the lines of Fairly Odd Parents being at the front of the train since the show kept going on and the show's success led to Nick ordering more of his shows. So this made me think Bunsen being the "caboose" of the train would be a reference to it's short life and failure.

Back