The Day of Action For Net Neutrality is Upon Us

Take A Step, Inside Your Mind! I'm Stalking you.
TODAY IS FINALLY THE DAY FOR PROTESTING!

For those in the United States you're screwing yourself by not signing on any of these websites like this one

https://www.battleforthenet.com/july12/

For those who remember the SOPA protests of 2012, this is the same scenario, except for Net Neutrality, which is what allows us to keep our already relatively mediocre speeds afloat and not be mucked up by companies such as Comcast, who we already loathe for things such as customer service. Do you really want those same people controlling the internet even more? Unless you work for them, you shouldn't at all. Sign on every website, send letters, do anything you can that's possible, instead of moping around doing absolutely nothing like a fat piece of lard.

imrustyokay

Twitter: @imrustyokay
Do you really believe that Ajit Pai, a guy who was high up in Verizon, and probably got Millions, if not Billions of dollars, is just gonna change his mind, especially since this is repealing Obama's FCC rules? Especially since Donald Trump said, "Obama will go down as the worst president in US History!"?

imrustyokay said:
Do you really believe that Ajit Pai, a guy who was high up in Verizon, and probably got Millions, if not Billions of dollars, is just gonna change his mind, especially since this is repealing Obama's FCC rules? Especially since Donald Trump said, "Obama will go down as the worst president in US History!"?
It's either do something or nothing, and nothing has less of a chance of getting it through his boneheaded skull. It's unfortunate how unlikely it is for that to happen, but this is the only chance at it changing, and you take every chance you're given or else you're going to heavily regret it. :/

Wintermelon43 said:
What exactly is this?
Currently thanks to Title II, ISP's such as Comcast can not control what we browse on the internet. The new FCC chairman looks to repeal those, which would allow Comcast, AT&T, etc., to block off services such as youtube or Netflix unless we pay for those services, which screw with us as the consumers, and the rest of the companies in the competition friendly business market, all within their whims.

This also holds the potential to screw with other countries later on and not just the United States, as American companies like Amazon could heavily suffer which would mean less productivity for foreign markets, leading to a drastic shift. That's just the tip on the iceburg on what this could do, and it most likely will. That's why we have to fight for rights of Net Neutrality, even if the vote to repeal the laws protecting a free internet is passed, we still can't simply roll over and accept it, as the overwhelming majority of the public is against this vote. The overwhelming majority being anyone who doesn't work for the large ISP companies of course, which have plenty more revenue than they actually deserve as is. This is a giant cash grab by them which is completely unacceptable.

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
Currently thanks to Title II, ISP's such as Comcast can not control what we browse on the internet. The new FCC chairman looks to repeal those, which would allow Comcast, AT&T, etc., to block off services such as youtube or Netflix unless we pay for those services, which screw with us as the consumers, and the rest of the companies in the competition friendly business market, all within their whims.

This also holds the potential to screw with other countries later on and not just the United States, as American companies like Amazon could heavily suffer which would mean less productivity for foreign markets, leading to a drastic shift. That's just the tip on the iceburg on what this could do, and it most likely will. That's why we have to fight for rights of Net Neutrality, even if the vote to repeal the laws protecting a free internet is passed, we still can't simply roll over and accept it, as the overwhelming majority of the public is against this vote. The overwhelming majority being anyone who doesn't work for the large ISP companies of course, which have plenty more revenue than they actually deserve as is. This is a giant cash grab by them which is completely unacceptable.
WTF???? That is terrible

imrustyokay

Twitter: @imrustyokay
Trophy said:
It's either do something or nothing, and nothing has less of a chance of getting it through his boneheaded skull. It's unfortunate how unlikely it is for that to happen, but this is the only chance at it changing, and you take every chance you're given or else you're going to heavily regret it. :/
Oh here's an idea. Run it through congress. Re word it a little, make it a biparasan issue, and you should be set.

You have options, HOW ABOUT USING THEM??!!!?!?!!?!?!?!

KarateSponge

Parawhore
imrustyokay said:
Oh here's an idea. Run it through congress. Re word it a little, make it a biparasan issue, and you should be set.

Oh here's an idea. Stop.

imrustyokay said:

I get where you're coming from, so you tell me, an average teenager, another way to get Congress to try to stop this than massive amounts of publick backlash on how this hurts an overwhelming majority of the country. I'd love for there to be a certain way but this is the best option that I've seen as an average citizen who can't control the proposal or personally change the mind of Ajit Pai, who was a high ranking lawyer for one of those large ISP companies before. I haven't seen a direct way for me to personally influence that besides this online protest, and online protests over bills like this aren't a new thing.

Back