The Best TV Tropes Page Ever

delete my account

PRESIDENT
The reviews are just as good, too.

"A deeply moving tale of one's struggles with accidental mass genocide"

"In this thrilling tale, a young Barnacle, simply known as the Ugly Barnacle, has became so physically mutated and abnormally disfigured that he becomes a creature so grotesque that the mere sight of him caused his peers to spontaneously succumb to an untimely demise. Shocked at the horror of what the Ugly Barnacle has caused, he is left flabbergasted, and the story is cut to a guessing, premature, ending. What will happen next to the heroic young Barnacle? How will his disfigurements be cured? Such interesting and important questions this psychologically stirring tale has left us. I highly recommend seeing this work, but I suggest not to tell depressed friends about this melancholy tale, as it wouldn't help lift their mood."

Squidina

Tintenfisch
Oh, that is too funny!

I adore TVtropes, actually. The SpongeBob (show) entry itself is hilarious. (Mostly, anyway; as there are a lot of things they tend to neglect where episodes fall into certain tropes, or characters do, but whatever.)

The Drifter

Some person.
Tvtropes is all about the WMGs dude.

The Ugly Barnacle actually happened within the universe of SpongeBob SquarePants

There was an ugly barnacle, and it did kill an underwater civilization of men and merpeople. The only survivors were either gods (Neptune) or superheroes (Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy). Yes, yes, this inspired Atlantis. The underwater dead became so infected and mutated by the fallout of ugly that they spontaneously resurrected and became sentient. Yes, yes, Bikini Bottom is just like a past-Zombie Apocalypse civilization. And that is why Spongebob sometimes looks like an Eldritch Abomination.
  • Jossed, because everyone died.
    Not necessarily. "Everyone" could refer to everyone in a specific REGION, and it may not affect Bikini Bottom.
  • And indeed, that's what it is in the 2014 film.
  • Furthermore, even if everyone dies, who says they have to stay dead?
    Just got an idea from that - the residents who died from the barnacle's ugliness died, and then they, through some process, came back to life as a form of zombie. Over time, they became the citizens of Rock Bottom.
  • The souls of the (humanesque) residents possessed the fauna. This explains how Mr. Krabs "sired" Pearl: they were father and daughter in the past life.

[*]Alternately, we're looking at their afterlife.

Back