The Beano

Patty Sponge

Always Fear
Since there doesn't seem to be a topic on this, and sadly due to the sad risk of losing our Beano forum, I've decided to create a topic on this.

250px-Beanologo.png

Aah, the Beano. possibly the greatest British children's comic series ever made, making children 'laugh' since 1938. Yep, 77 years now and this comic is still running.

Not sure if others members have heard of it, but me and BeanoSponge are both subscribers of the comic. I still collect it since I'm hoping one day to become an artist there.

In case you haven't, allow me to introduce some of the familar strips you're most likely to find if you pick up a comic today.

Dennis the Menace and Gnasher - No, not the Dennis the Menace you americans are thinking about. This is the British Dennis the Menace. Isn't much to say about him. His name is Dennis. He's a menace. He's also got a dog named Gnasher. That is all.

Minnie the Minx - Pretty much a gender swapped version of Dennis, take away Gnasher, except she's called Minnie, and she's appartantly a Minx.

Roger the Dodger - One of my favourite characters. His story is to get out of something by, you guessed it, dodging out of it.

The Bash Street Kids - A series about a bunch of school kids. That's pretty much what that is. Also, Ant and Dec ruined the strip in 2013.

Billy Whizz - Another of my favourites. He calls himself the fastest boy in the world (when really, it should now be the fastest cel in the multiverse since they spent about a month beating his gender swapped one joke cousin which the artists are now appartanly not using as a one joke character.

Ball Boy - For those soccer fans, there's a kid who apparantly is obsessed with soccer. That is all.

The Numskulls - Appartantly, some kid is actually a robot controlled by a bunch of mini people called Numskulls. But then as a twist, it turns out EVERYONE is a robot and they have numskulls. What a twist!

Wallace and Gromit - Yes, they're in there. Give Scotland your money.

So that looks about it. BeanoSponge can also talk a little more about it, but for now, let's just ask the question. What do you think of it?

Okay? cool.

BeanoSponge

Pokemon Sun and Moon HYPE!
BananamanThis is 29 Acasia Road. When little Eric eats a banana, he becomes Bananman! There is a Bananaman movie (hopefully) out this year.

I remember once, I looked at the TV guide and it said 'Film: Dennis the Menace'. I had never heard of the USA Dennis at the time, I was so disappointed when I found out it wasn't the UK Dennis.

Back