That Regal Cinemas Rollercoaster Policy Trailer thingy-ma-jig-fignewton

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuznAr-z6XQ

Okay so sources on the internet say that this existed until 2004. I'm absolutely bamboozled because I swear on my gingerbread cookie's grave that I remember seeing this thing before movies as an older child in elementary school (2006-2010) yet so many sources say there was a different policy trailer. Is my brain just working against me (which is very possible--you'd be amazed how unreliable memory can actually be) OR did this not get removed in all Regal theaters and some still played it?? Because oh my llamas I swear this thing was a part of my childhood including the older years and I am shooketh.

BenPaz: Act Zero

My Waifu
Basically Regal stopped "officially" using it around like, 2004 or 2005. Basically some theaters still used it (mainly the ones that still used film projectors), cause they were too lazy to get the new one (at least that's what I heard). Also I know they remade the regal coaster with the same look but in better quality around like 2009-2010 (they used this improved version from like 2010-2015). I can't really help much cause I mainly started seeing movies around 2010-now and used to not watch the trailers.

Also the new rollercoaster policy trailer sucks so baddddddddddddddddddddd

BenPaz said:
Basically Regal stopped "officially" using it around like, 2004 or 2005. Basically some theaters still used it (mainly the ones that still used film projectors), cause they were too lazy to get the new one (at least that's what I heard). Also I know they remade the regal coaster with the same look but in better quality around like 2009-2010 (they used this improved version from like 2010-2015). I can't really help much cause I mainly started seeing movies around 2010-now and used to not watch the trailers.

Also the new rollercoaster policy trailer sucks so baddddddddddddddddddddd
Okay thank god someone else confirmed that some theaters used it after 2004/2005 because I honest to god never remember a significantly long portion of time where that didn't exist here in good ol' Horseheads.

And yes they DID do an imrpoved version in 2010 as a throwback:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6gon66jF8s

I vividly remember both the one I linked earlier and this one--mainly the first one because of the alternating green and red sign in the beginning.

And there is no rollercoaster anymore ;_;

My Waifu
E.V.I.L said:
Okay thank god someone else confirmed that some theaters used it after 2004/2005 because I honest to god never remember a significantly long portion of time where that didn't exist here in good ol' Horseheads.

And yes they DID do an imrpoved version in 2010 as a throwback:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6gon66jF8s

I vividly remember both the one I linked earlier and this one--mainly the first one because of the alternating green and red sign in the beginning.

And there is no rollercoaster anymore ;_;
yes there is duuuuuuude i dont know what regal theater you're going to but they made a new one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uvmLYR2TAs

PinkPearl

insert title here
First of all, thank you for the burst of nostalgia! This brings me back.

But yeah, I'm pretty sure that theaters still did this in later years...or at the very least, modified versions. I saw something like this not long ago. (I'm probably thinking of the updated version you posted but I can't be sure how it looked exactly. Close enough.)

BenPaz said:
yes there is duuuuuuude i dont know what regal theater you're going to but they made a new one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uvmLYR2TAs
Oh I recognize that and I don't mind that one
Maybe I miss it because they now do it before the previews lmao but I remember this back when I watched Inside Out and Finding Dory
But like I went to watch Spiderman and they replaced this with some dumb film some dollege students made or something
PinkPearl said:
First of all, thank you for the burst of nostalgia! This brings me back.

But yeah, I'm pretty sure that theaters still did this in later years...or at the very least, modified versions. I saw something like this not long ago.
Modified versions yes 2010 onwards, but 2004-2009 it had to be the same one because Regal never made another one inbetween those years
Yes two people confirming I'm hype that my childhood memories aren't as foggy as I thought lmao

My Waifu
E.V.I.L said:
But like I went to watch Spiderman and they replaced this with some dumb film some dollege students made or something
oh yeah i dont like that one!!!!

The only reason why i know this ::dolphin noise:: is because there is not a single amc near me :thumbsup:

BenPaz said:
oh yeah i dont like that one!!!!

The only reason why i know this ::dolphin noise:: is because there is not a single amc near me :thumbsup:
Yeah we don't have very many movie theaters here either probably because I don't live in a huge metro area. I didn't even realize as a child that there were other brands besides Regal tbh

ooooooofy

hello! :)
huh wtf yo i saw the roller coaster thingy when i saw the new spiderman movie i guess it is the new one lolzies! :laughsquid: that roller coaster thing makes me so HYPE yo like i pretend i am on a real roller coaster and get real into it and i feel the whooshy feeling as if it was real! even just watching that clip on my ipad got me excited! this is one of the best parts of the movie theater experience!!!!!! :sorcerer:

Leedles

Leedle
I must've seen a variation of that same roller coaster intro at least 500 times by now and that's probably not an exaggeration lmao

My Waifu
Trophy said:
So this is what you meant I'm an idiot, I've seen the updated ones ben posted earlier in here but not the one you did, now it is just that college "film" which isn't even a film like what even :thumbdown:
They show both at my regal!
The new regal coaster before the trailers and the college """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""'film""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""' before the movie starts and after the trailers.

sbl

totally active
when you're Canadian and all you have is Cineplex's garbage intros

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPtMK4M3jpU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUhCMT0fxhM

Then here's the coming soon intro PrEsEnTeD bY sCoTiAbAnK that they don't show anymore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-6MQ0okNHY

That roller coaster one looks so cool

My Waifu
sbl said:
when you're Canadian and all you have is Cineplex's garbage intros

That roller coaster one looks so cool
AMC ones are so much worse tho

Can't find a single clip tho cause no one cares about them and the ones i could find are camera quality and shortened!

Leedles

Leedle
Jibbix said:
I work at a Regal and am so sick of that college student ad that I want to shove a broom down my throat sometimes
wE'rE fRoM cHaPmAn UnIvErSiTy. AnD tHiS iS oUr FiLm. EnJoY.

spongebobicon.jpg

Back