Texting vs Phone Call vs Video Chat

the title

• Total voters
I generally prefer texting personally, just because having the time to think about what I want to say is much more helpful and I would say I'm one of the more entertaining and easy to text people out there. However, I do hate text's emotional ambiguity so I also really appreciate video chatting, but I tend to only video chat people who are close and special to me.
That being said, I also freaking love video chat and actually prefer video chat to text with one person. Video chat is a life saver I've found since some people just don't try when they text and it can get pretty draining and at that point its easier to j just call. Phone calls however I hate--you can't see their face and that's weird to me.

CakeCup

Facing the BSOD
Texting, but only if the person can type with responses that are more than just 1 word or emoji. I have more time to figure out what I can write when I text, rather than stuttering like I do when I talk on my phone (also, I hate my voice so I only phone call when I need to).

Bugs Bunny

That Screwy Wabbit
I prefer texting. Audio and video chat aren't for me, since I start stuttering and get really nervous. It's entirely different if it's with family, but if it's just regular friends, then I'd rather not.

Tuba95

Dead Inspector
I've never been into texting. Doesn't mean I hate it though, I just can't keep up with the habit to notify others about stuff through messages. It's annoying when they're too short though.

I like the idea of video chatting/Skyping but it personally makes me uneasy talking to another person through the internet where you can see their face and stuff. And phone calls just annoy me and I don't like talking to others through the phone.

So yeah. I like texting the best.

Phone call. I'm usually really awkward in video chats and I can't say everything I need to say in texts.

spongedude

Wumbologist
Staff
I'll prefer a phone call or face-to-face interaction. Sometimes I'll handwrite or type a letter, if the occasion arises. Unless I'm extremely close to you, I don't really text or video chat.

PinkPearl

insert title here
I prefer texting, if you're close to me. Or Facebook chatting. That's the primary way my best friend and I communicate, and it's pretty easy.

I feel awkward talking on the phone. Same for video calls. I don't know, it just feels awkward to me to talk to someone electronically, especially if I can see them :/ But of course, the best way to talk to people is in person.

MrTortellini00

lame funny
I don't act the same way when I talk to someone through text and when I do it with my voice. I'd rather call someone because it feels more normal than just texting someone. But if I'm really lazy or I need to be quiet, I have no problem with texting. Never experienced video calls.

texting/chatting is the best because you have so much time to think what you'll say to someone. I've never done video chat and I don't know if I want to. Phone calls are lame because I don't like my phone bill to rise if I have to call someone and talking to someone on phone feels weird because you can't express what you feel so well and it can be awkward.

BobCarotte

meep
I text most of the time, especially my friends. I phone call my parents and video chat with members of my family who live in France.

Delta Stream

тhє fιєѕту qυιℓανα
Texting gives me more time to think of whichever words I want to say. I wouldn't feel really pressured communicating with people by that, as texting and video chatting sometimes makes me feel pressured unless I want to contact people that way.

SquiddlyPie

random gal
It depends....I do all of these but my favourite is phone calls because I talk WAYYYY too much :P As some of you might have realized... so I do like to talk...Me and my friend we sometimes talk for over 2 hours straight :P

Back