Tennis

BobCarotte

meep
A Rafa/Federer final should be fun. And the women's finals is the Williams sisters! I do like Serena, but part of me can't help but pull for Venus to win this one.
I don't care who wins. I just want to enjoy watching these finals.

Congrats Serena on winning your 23th Grand Slam! :D

BobCarotte

meep
FINALLY ANOTHER GRAND SLAM FOR ROGER!!!! :sbdance:
Ok, I would say Nadal is back. He lost but he was playing better than last year. Rafael was tired tho, that's why Roger was stronger.
You're right. Nadal played like 5 hours against Dimitrov so it makes sense that he looked tired. Federer played faster matches and he had 3 days of break before the final while Rafa had 2.

BobCarotte

meep
k0MQWPh.jpg

Katniss

totally coral
Wish I could've gotten to see more of the Australian Open but I was so busy last month...thankfully I'll be done with school by the time the French Open starts. Plus the time difference isn't so crazy so no 3am finals :P

AquaticKonquest

Fudanshi
I've never played tennis tennis, but I've played it on the Wii :hehe:
I have played table tennis, though, and still do as part of my compulsory one-hour-a-fortnight of P.E. in Sixth Form.

But I would like to play...someday.

BobCarotte

meep
#Acapulco

Sam Querrey is making American tennis great again (He beat Rafa Nadal 6-3 7-6 in the final)

BobCarotte

meep
#Miami

Rafa already in the finals. Roger still "fighting" with a tough Kyrgios.

Fedal final again? I hope so.

BobCarotte

meep
Sorry for triple-posting and bumpimg. This is :moar: important than Nadal winning 10 French Open trophies.

Roger Federer just won his 8th Wimbledon (most in history) and 19th Grand Slam overall. Wimbledon is the most important tennis tournament of ALL tennis tournaments that exist and Roger wins it EIGHT times (2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012 and 2017)! Best tennis player in history! :D

6OKeqNq.jpg

Also, I feel sorry for Cilic. He was injured and couldn't play at his best, but he deserved to be at the final because of how great he was playing in the past matches.

BobCarotte

meep
How could I forget to post this?

This happened almost two weeks ago. That was an unbelievable moment. 18-year old Denis Shapovalov (Canada) beat World #2 Rafael Nadal (Spain) in the third round of the Canadian Open in Montreal. Shapovalov was about the #110 best player in the world and at only 18, he beat one of the best tennis players in history in his own country! THAT WAS A REALLY REALLY REALLY GREAT MATCH, I'LL NEVER FORGET. Amazing crowd! What a great moment for Canadian tennis! :D

https://youtu.be/RxzQhL1KP4I

Denis reached the semifinals but lost to Alex Zverev (he won the tournament, beating Roger Federer).

Back