Tennis

El Jacko

Call me Jaic
The same place where you are, probably behind you
How could I forget to post this?
This happened almost two weeks ago. That was an unbelievable moment. 18-year old Denis Shapovalov (Canada) beat World #2 Rafael Nadal (Spain) in the third round of the Canadian Open in Montreal. Shapovalov was about the #110 best player in the world and at only 18, he beat one of the best tennis players in history in his own country! THAT WAS A REALLY REALLY REALLY GREAT MATCH, I'LL NEVER FORGET. Amazing crowd! What a great moment for Canadian tennis! :D
https://youtu.be/RxzQhL1KP4I
Denis reached the semifinals but lost to Alex Zverev (he won the tournament, beating Roger Federer).
I ::dolphin noise::ing LOVE the crowd's reaction to Denis' victory. I can't stop replaying the match point :squidwhoo:

BobCarotte

meep
Rafael Nadal wins the 2017 US Open! 3rd US Open title (2010, 2013 and 2017) and 16th Grand Slam overall.

pCCiDYR.jpg

Grand Slam winners this year:

Australian Open: Roger Federer (runner-up: Rafael Nadal)
Roland Garros: Rafael Nadal (runner-up: Stan Wawrinka)
Wimbledon: Roger Federer (runner-up: Marin Cilic)
US Open: Rafael Nadal (runner-up: Kevin Anderson)

Not sure if 2017 or 2007. Nadal and Federer are the best! :D

Katniss

totally coral
And Sloane Stephens wins the women's title. Watching her play this tournament has been impressive, especially against a legend like Venus Williams. What a comeback after being previously sidelined by an injury!

Congrats to Rafa, winning 16 Grand Slam titles is impressive. He's truly one of the greats.

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
I love tennis! I play it, so I guess I'm biased but I don't care too much about that.

Anyway, I'm happy because my girl Sloane Stephens won the US Open! She deserves it, and it's nice to see a new face, y'know?

BobCarotte

meep
ATP Finals Top 8:

1. Rafael Nadal (Spain)
2. Roger Federer (Switzerland)
3. Alexander Zverev (Germany)
4. Dominic Thiem (Austria)
5. Marin Cilic (Croatia)
6. Grigor Dimitrov (Bulgaria)
7. David Goffin (Belgium)
8. Jack Sock (USA)

Back