Talk about Underhated Episodes (episodes that aren't hated enough)

Squidwardfan1

Baby Clam
Most episodes im gonna mention usually just bore me or i dont like for one reason

Krusty katering
Sportz
The googly artiste
Are you happy now
Rodeo Daze
The clash of Triton
The cent of money/Penny foolish

Squidwardfan1 said:
Most episodes im gonna mention usually just bore me or i dont like for one reason

Krusty katering
Sportz
The googly artiste
Are you happy now
Rodeo Daze
The clash of Triton
The cent of money/Penny foolish
I agree.

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
Anyway here's my list:
The Battle of Bikini Bottom: Horrible abomination that is so disgusting that I can't even look at the screen for the majority of the episode. Without a doubt the episode with the animation that bothers me the most. I know I shouldn't be bothered by it so heavily but I am. And also, the whole clean vs dirty battle idea was stupid and the episode was annoying. Sand Castles in the Sand was so much better than this.
The Motion Picture: Most people seem to find it to be amazing, but I just find it meh. It was annoying and had a lot of bad gross-out, and I hated the part where Patrick had blocked the camera with the circle thing. There were some jokes in here that I liked (to be more specific, the part where Mermaid Man messed up his lines, "did somebody say boom?", The beginning moment with the villain's car being towed, and Mermaid Man falling asleep before the movie started were thr jokes I liked), but most of them were annoying or gross. I personally don't get the hype for it
Patrick Smartpants: Mixed episode to me, I liked how we could symphatize with Patrick here and it was a little emotional, but Patrick was also rude and annoying here, and this episode has easily one (two, actually) of the worst sounds I've ever heard in anything. Even The Loud House hasn't had a sound as bad as this one. It's so bad I have to mute it when that sound comes.
The Curse of Bikini Bottom: I find this episode to be really bad, the atmosphere and tone of the episode felt kinda creepy and depressing in a not-good way and it made it uncomfortable to watch, it wasn't funny at all, it was boring, and Spongebob and Patrick got punished really hard here when they didn't do anything wrong. And the only thing good about it was the visuals.
Buried in Time: Extremely boring and forgettable, espicially the Plankton part. It was pretty funny but everything else was a bunch of either meh or pretty bad
Karate Star: Extremely boring and forgettable and a little annoying, I didn't mind Patrick in it that much but I have trouble thinking of too much that I liked about it outside of the idea of Patrick playing karate.
Extreme Spots: Yet again, EXTREMELY boring and forgettable, except this time it's much worse in that than the 2 above were. And this one was annoying too.
Shuffleboarding: Absymal episode, Spongebob and Patrick were extremely annoying and aggravating here, the episode wasn't funny except for one joke, it's really stupid, and Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy are treated way too badly here.
To Squarepants or not to Squarepants: The only thing I liked here was the beginning where it acted like someing insane was going to happen, only to say that Spongebob was changing his pants, and then the women screams. Everything else had horrible charatization with almost every character, extremely frustrating and annoying, boring and forgettable, unfunny, and this had a stupid episode premise. Spongebob LongPants was much better at doing this
The Gift of Gum: Very disgusting and boring, and I disliked the big gum ball. I liked when Spongebob tried to "steal" it and there were people living inside the gum ball, and when the guy yelled at his tires, that's honestly about all I liked though. At least it's much better than The Amazing World of Gumball, although that's not saying much.
Waiting: I feel like nobody ever mentions it but I find it severly annoying and Spongebob ****** me off here.
Mermaid Man vs. Spongebob: After the first minute it wasn't funny at all and it was boring and forgettable, yet again. I feel like somethig really cool could have come from this idea but instead we just got a bunch of boredom.
Le Big Switch: Extremely annoying, stereotypical, and boring. Maybe even a little mean-spirited
Slide Whistle Stooges: It's the same joke over and over again. That's it
Porous Pockets: Extremely boring and annoying, and Spongebob was terrible here. At the very least it isn't like the similar Loud House episode.
Grooming Gary: The first 8 minutes were terrible, just a bunch of Gary abuse and all the other pets suffered the same treatment, and it was very boring and annoying. It got better once it got to the pet riot though.
Trenchbillies: Extremely annoying, boring, steroeotypical, gross, and frustrating, with an absymal ending.
Free Samples: People call it one of the best episode of Season 8 and I don't see it at all, extremely boring and possibly the most forgettable episode of the series. Perfectly average. I can barely even remember what happens in it.
The Other Patty: Extremely boring, just a worse version of Best Frenemies, and Spongebob trying to force Mr Krabs and Plankton o be friends really annoyed me.
Move it or Lose it: Extremely boring and Meh, it's just a bunch of nothing. I find it strange that people compare it to episodes like Glove World RIP
The Googly Artiste: Kinda similar to the three above this, except that this one is actually bad. The episode is extremely annoying, boring, unfair to Squidward, stupid, etc
Sportz: I feel like people have been softening up to this episode, I still think it sucks. Extremely annoying and even aggravating, bad charatization, humor is pretty all the same stupid slapstick over and over again, bad plot, and could have been executed so much better. In fact, I have a theory that this episode (and The Incredible Shrinking Sponge) were made entirely for advertising purposes
Squid Baby: Not actually underhated but I hate it so much that I wanted to mention it regardless :P
I just remembered one that I forgot to mention in this post. I can't believe I forgot it!

The last one is Sun Bleached. I hate it for many reasons. One reason being that the episode is basically trying to say that being really tan is a good thing and it's really bad to not be really tan, and encourges mocking others for being tan, using tanning systems, and so on, and shows this by having the tan party, girls flirting with Patrick just because of his new tan, the bikini bottomites laughing at Spongebob and Patrick for being pale, etc. It's a very bad messege. Additionally, the new character here is terrible, as is most of the bikini bottomites, the episode is disgusting, Patrick just leaving Spongebob for 2 hours while he was in the machine really annoyed me, and it didn't do much else to make this better at all. Stupid plot and premise, only one good joke from what I can remember (the radical commercial) boring, forgettable, etc. I did like that Spongebob won at the end, since he 100% deserved it, but then they start to treat him as a hero because he got sun bleached, which makes the whole tanning encouraging thing even worse. I was shocked to find that this episode is less hated than about like half the season.

Wow, when I post in all the episode discussion threads I should just copy and paste this lol. I guess accidentatly dedicating one episode to one post creates bigger paragraphs

Edit: And also the fact that it encourages you to not use any sun block at all. What the heck? That's a terrible suggestion. That will just hurt you

Squidwardiard

Frozen Cephalopod
I don't think The Other Patty gets enough hate. I despise that episode. It's a shameless ripoff of Best Frenemies, and it's much worse than that episode. The episode is so dull and forgettable. It's my least favorite episode of Spongebob.

I think Pet or Pests is another stinker. I know it gets some hate, but I don't think it's enough. The episode is pretty dull and has a lot of filler. Like when Spongebob randomly disassembles a truck engine to save the worms. Wouldn't it have been less complicated to just wave at the driver to stop? Also, Larry supposedly doesn't know Spongebob in this episode. It makes no sense. And this is coming from someone that likes most of Season 6. Unlike Other Patty, I admit I kind of enjoy Pet or Pests, but the episode is a dud.

I also feel Ugh doesn't get enough hate. I think the episode is so boring mainly because the characters don't really speak. It doesn't help that it's a half-hour special either. It's probably my second least favorite episode.

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
Krusty Katering is unwatchable and why people like it is beyond me.

In fact I could list probably almost every season 10/11 episode. Those seasons deserve much more flak.

Whirly Brains
Code Yellow
Krusty Katering
SpongeBob's Place
Life Insurance
Burst Your Bubble
Sportz?
Patrick's Coupon
Don't Wake Patrick
The Clam Whisperer
Man Ray Returns
No Pictures, Please
Stuck on the Roof

All of these episodes (Especially the bolded ones) are episodes people are way too soft on because Stephen Hillenburg has an executive producer credit.

That's a majority of the post sequel episodes, people are too soft on them because Steve is in the credits. If anything these episodes are as bad as something you would see in season 6. This is why pre-movie Sponegbob will be light years ahead of anything modern, no matter what

Back