Talk about Underhated Episodes (episodes that aren't hated enough)

dmandaboi

I love SBM
Talk about some episodes you don't think get recognized as much as other bad episodes. For example:

- New Leaf: Plankton's character change is too quick and really insulting
- Good ol' Whatshisname: Just an overall annoying epiosde and the plot makes no sense (why is the man so angry anyway?)
- etc.

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
The Curse of Bikini Bottom is one.

Terrible episode that people seem to like for whatever reason.

I'll add more later, I just felt like saying something real quick.

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Breath of Fresh Squidward definitely. It's one of the worst episodes in my book, and no one seems to talk about it. For one thing, it's just unfair treatment to everyone. No matter how deep you want to look at this episode, someone is getting some sort of torture. If you take the episode at face value, SpongeBob is getting tortured, because everyone just seems to abandon him for Squidward. If you take other episodes into account, or think that SpongeBob's behavior at the beginning of the episode justifies what happens during the rest of the episode, then Squidward is being tortured, because he is acting like SpongeBob but no one likes it, and also everything that happens to him when he is normal Squidward.
The episode isn't funny, isn't consistent (Squidward goes from being creepy to being the talk of the town), and watching Patrick be annoying and a jerk again is not something I like to see.

The Secret Box: Not too terrible, but I hate how snobby Patrick acts.
Mid-Life Crustacean: I don't think the plot works for this show. Maybe for other shows, but not SpongeBob.
The Original Fry Cook: This episode contradicts other episodes, and SpongeBob is treated very unfairly.

Take A Step, Inside Your Mind! I'm Stalking you.
kite man said:
- New Leaf: Plankton's character change is too quick and really insulting
The whole point of it was being sudden and that's why it seemed off at first, and that did help foreshadow the ending where he really wouldn't change in the end and just put up an act the entire time.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Krusty Katering is unwatchable and why people like it is beyond me.

In fact I could list probably almost every season 10/11 episode. Those seasons deserve much more flak.

Whirly Brains
Code Yellow
Krusty Katering
SpongeBob's Place
Life Insurance
Burst Your Bubble
Sportz?
Patrick's Coupon
Don't Wake Patrick
The Clam Whisperer
Man Ray Returns
No Pictures, Please
Stuck on the Roof

All of these episodes (Especially the bolded ones) are episodes people are way too soft on because Stephen Hillenburg has an executive producer credit.

Take A Step, Inside Your Mind! I'm Stalking you.
Honest Slug said:
Life Insurance
Burst Your Bubble
Don't Wake Patrick
Stuck on the Roof
Would legitimately have questions about these 4, LI, and Roof are passable 11 minute episodes if nothing else is on while DWP is just a short which is fine as well (unless it being just a short feels empty to you?) and Burst Your Bubble was legitimately enjoyable.

Just realized I didn't put mine in the last post so here we go

Slumber Party
Tentacle Vision
The Play's the Thing
Smoothe Jazz (I know it's despised but it can't be hated enough)
Camping Episode's ending
Sportz

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
Sandy's Rocket - I'll never understand why this one doesn't get enough hate. It has horrible characterization and is basically a prototype of Shuffleboarding.

Nature Pants - Because I totally want to see SpongeBob running around in the wilderness naked for approximately 11 minutes.

Prehibernation Week - Sandy was obnoxious in this episode. People who say she had no bad roles in the show seem to forget that this episode exists.

The Battle of Bikini Bottom - I still despise this episode and don't see the creativity in the gross-out. The idea of Patrick being the dirty guy doesn't sit well with me either.

The Slumber Party - This episode was annoying and only had one joke I liked. Everything else about this episode ticked me off to no end.

The Fish Bowl - I don't see how anyone could like this garbage. So, people acknowledge that Patrick was "awful" in Karate Star and haven't forgiven him there, but they let him off in THIS episode? I'm betting people defend this lousy crud just because "the creator is back". This episode is an extreme pain to sit through with its poor execution, is extremely boring, and it's Yours, Mine and Mine levels of bad. It's bottom 10 material in my book.

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
Great. As if it wasn't enough that people make thousands of topics about the worst episodes, we now have a thread to hate episodes that weren't despised before. What a lovely idea.

I see where you're coming from. But think of this thread as potential to post unpopular opinions. It's at least better than a topic talking about OCM for the twenty-billionth time.

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
Sandy's Rocket - I'll never understand why this one doesn't get enough hate. It has horrible characterization and is basically a prototype of Shuffleboarding.
Nature Pants - Because I totally want to see SpongeBob running around in the wilderness naked for approximately 11 minutes.
Prehibernation Week - Sandy was obnoxious in this episode. People who say she had no bad roles in the show seem to forget that this episode exists.
The Battle of Bikini Bottom - I still despise this episode and don't see the creativity in the gross-out. The idea of Patrick being the dirty guy doesn't sit well with me either.
The Slumber Party - This episode was annoying and only had one joke I liked. Everything else about this episode ticked me off to no end.
The Fish Bowl - I don't see how anyone could like this garbage. So, people acknowledge that Patrick was "awful" in Karate Star and haven't forgiven him there, but they let him off in THIS episode? I'm betting people defend this lousy crud just because "the creator is back". This episode is an extreme pain to sit through with its poor execution, is extremely boring, and it's Yours, Mine and Mine levels of bad. It's bottom 10 material in my book.
I don't like The Fish Bowl, but I only find it meh, since Patrick at least had the excuse of the power going to his head and it was at least not as bad as Yours, Mine, and Mine. He was still bad but it was kinda similar to Rule of Dumb in terms of quality. And people HAVE forgiven Patrick for Karate Star, in fact I've never EVER heard somebody hate Patrick in Karate Star ONCE.

As for Sandy's Rocket, I don't hate it because Spongebob and Patrick thought everyone was aliens, so they simply being naive and stupid rather than a piece of crap jerk. And the episode was actually funny, unlike Shuffleboarding which had only one good joke and everything else was terrible. I think people would probably like the episode more if the episode had the book ending where Spongebob get captured as commupeance.

dmandaboi

I love SBM
Honest Slug said:
Krusty Katering is unwatchable and why people like it is beyond me.

In fact I could list probably almost every season 10/11 episode. Those seasons deserve much more flak.

Whirly Brains
Code Yellow
Krusty Katering
SpongeBob's Place
Life Insurance
Burst Your Bubble
Sportz?
Patrick's Coupon
Don't Wake Patrick
The Clam Whisperer
Man Ray Returns
No Pictures, Please
Stuck on the Roof

All of these episodes (Especially the bolded ones) are episodes people are way too soft on because Stephen Hillenburg has an executive producer credit.
IDK, Sportz is one of the most hated episodes of the post-sequel seasons so far

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
Wintermelon43 said:
I don't like The Fish Bowl, but I only find it meh, since Patrick at least had the excuse of the power going to his head and it was at least not as bad as Yours, Mine, and Mine. He was still bad but it was kinda similar to Rule of Dumb in terms of quality. And people HAVE forgiven Patrick for Karate Star, in fact I've never EVER heard somebody hate Patrick in Karate Star ONCE.

As for Sandy's Rocket, I don't hate it because Spongebob and Patrick thought everyone was aliens, so they simply being naive and stupid rather than a piece of crap jerk. And the episode was actually funny, unlike Shuffleboarding which had only one good joke and everything else was terrible. I think people would probably like the episode more if the episode had the book ending where Spongebob get captured as commupeance.
I still find YMaM worse, but his behavior in TFB was almost, if not as malicious even if he did apologize. I'll admit that I keep forgetting that Karate Star doesn't get much hate like it did a few years back, but I still greatly despise it and hope they never make another episode with Patrick acting like that again.

I still hate Sandy's Rocket for those exact reasons though, and it seems that someone will try their best to defend it whenever I say I hate it.

Back