Surprised there was never a crossover with Fairly Oddparents

darkrage6

Floating Shopping List
I was surprised at how well the Jimmy Neutron/FOP crossovers worked, and given that FOP was the second most popular Nick animated show for ages(before Loud House anyways) i'm really surprised there was never a crossover between it and Spongebob.

I think there was a lot of potential there: One of Timmy's wishes goes wrong and him, Cosmo and Wanda end up in Bikini Bottom(with Crocker following them). Plankton discovers them(after he captures Crocker and gets him to tell about Cosmo and Wanda) and manages to hypnotize Timmy into wishing that Plankton was the who came up with Krabby Patties, leading to a new universe where the Chum Bucket is a massive success and the Krusty Krab is a run-down shack with Krabs constantly trying to sabotage Plankton, Crocker also uses the hypnosis device to get a world where he didn't lose his Godparents as a kid and he actually becomes a big success. Timmy, Cosmo and Wanda have to team up with Spongebob and his friends in order to stop Plankton and get everything back to normal.

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
It probably would've been bad. And no way am I being biased because I do my own Squidward crossovers or anything... no way at all...

But seriously Butch Hartman is a ::dolphin noise:: and ruined a Fairly OddParents for me so I'm glad it never happened

darkrage6

Floating Shopping List
tomkennyisawesome said:
Maybe I’m completely wrong, but I get a feeling from Butch Hartman that he doesn’t like Steve Hillenburg/SpongeBob. Which I think is very slimy. As the SpongeBob team, and Tom Kenny who I met are so respectful, and authentic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There was one FOP episode that made a Spongebob joke, but i've never heard anything about Hartman disliking Hillenburg or anyone else on the show.

Well, the Nicktoons video games are kind of the closest thing to that.

I think Hillenburg has said in the past that he doesn't want any big crossovers. And honestly, I feel like a FOP/SB crossover would come off as forced and unnatural, unless it was just for a quick gag or short scene. I think it worked better to do a full crossover with Jimmy Neutron rather than SpongeBob because their universes were more alike, but still different in their own ways, and the characters were able to play off each other better. I can't really imagine that same kind of chemistry with a SpongeBob crossover.

Birds858

Floating Shopping List
I remember hearing here that a Spongebob/FOP crossover was considered at some point before being shortly cancelled.

Anyway, i find that a Spongebob/FOP crossover would be very interesting since i like both series.

McSponge

Frozen Cephalopod
The only good piece of fanfiction I've ever read on the internet was a FOP/SpongeBob crossover from many years ago. Sure it referenced the Simpsons Movie, which really shows its age, but overall, I'd say it was a pretty decent story and would've made for a good crossover. But yeah, looking at Beast of Friends, FOP can't just crossover with another show as a promotional gimmick, there's gotta be a real story

Flabby Patty

Flabby Patty > Krusty Krab
Sure was- though there are many reasons as to why.

For the most part though SpongeBob has always been in its own lane. They've never crossed over with anything without crossing over the rest of the Nicktoons, and they aren't too heavy on parody/references to modern stuff as much as FOP is. They just seem to have different comedy but it's mostly the SpongeBob crew's thing as they seem to be very standalone. Plus while they're both 2D, I feel like they wouldn't fit too easily into their worlds as even Jimmy Neutron would - and even that that was a lot to ask for with crossovers.

Sara SquarePants

Lover of Spongie
Is that true?

Does Butch Hartman really hate Stephen Hillenburg and the SpongeBob production staff?

If so I can understand why

He probably feels he was robbed of the opportunity for FOP to be the face of Nickelodeon

Besides crossing over both shows is a recipe for disaster

Such a move would destroy their integrity

Back