Super Smash bros Ultimate

Nicktoonsummersplash2001

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Oh my lady palutena, a lot of old and new friends are in this game! I was not prepared for this! *heavy breathing*
MY MANS AND MY GURLS ARE BACK!
(Pit, Dark pit, Bayonetta, Lady palutena, DK, Diddy Kong)
>snake
>Ridley
Can’t wait December 7th!
C36FB233-965B-4C62-8962-780D62F09E4A.jpeg

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
>No Skull Kid or Bandana Waddle Dee

That aside, this game alone, along with Super Mario Party, have won me over.

The very fact that they brought back literally EVERY SINGLE FREAKIN' CHARACTER just amazes me! Also, I never thought I'd want Young Link back until now. I might as well main him. :P

Zelda doesn't have her BotW design, but I love her LBW design. It looks beautiful and refreshing after nearly 10 years of using her kind of tired Twilight Princess incarnation.

I think I've made my point here. Day one purchase for me! :D

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
>No Skull Kid or Bandana Waddle Dee
That aside, this game alone, along with Super Mario Party, have won me over.
The very fact that they brought back literally EVERY SINGLE FREAKIN' CHARACTER just amazes me! Also, I never thought I'd want Young Link back until now. I might as well main him. :P
Zelda doesn't have her BotW design, but I love her LBW design. It looks beautiful and refreshing after nearly 10 years of using her kind of tired Twilight Princess incarnation.
I think I've made my point here. Day one purchase for me! :D
They could still come. There's probably still a few more newcomers not confirmed in the direct. Though Sakurai said there'd be few newcomers, so that'd decrease the chances.

Anyway, as a question: When they said the roster would start off as small as smash 64 and then get bigger, did they mean that you'd start with 10-12 characters and then unlock more quickly, or did they mean that it'd launch with 10-12 characters and then quickly add more into the game over time? I assumed at first that it was the former, but then I saw someone mention somewhere about the game releasing with only that many characters at first, and I hadn't even thought of it that way. So now I'm wondering which way they meant it.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
While there might not be many newcomers at first, I'm confident they will add a lot as DLC later down the road, I'm almost sure that's the plan.

Wintermelon43 said:
They could still come. There's probably still a few more newcomers not confirmed in the direct. Though Sakurai said there'd be few newcomers, so that'd decrease the chances.

Anyway, as a question: When they said the roster would start off as small as smash 64 and then get bigger, did they mean that you'd start with 10-12 characters and then unlock more quickly, or did they mean that it'd launch with 10-12 characters and then quickly add more into the game over time? I assumed at first that it was the former, but then I saw someone mention somewhere about the game releasing with only that many characters at first, and I hadn't even thought of it that way. So now I'm wondering which way they meant it.
You unlock the other characters.

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
Ridley’s so big, he can only fit on the Nintendo Switch’s hardware. And the PS4’s. And the Xbox One’s. And the Dreamcast’s.
Seriously though, I think this will keep the Switch afloat, as it now has more than a handful of good games to keep its sales up. Even Super Mario Party looks like a return to form for the series.

abney317

Abney=last name
Staff
Should add some awesome variety to the game. Looks pretty fun although I can't say I've played a whole lot of smash over the last few years. Will probably still get this though and enjoy it for a while

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
It’s pretty ridiculous just how many people are upset with Waluigi’s continued exclusion/designation to assist trophy. I think every character to date is enough to compensate, but I get the wish for more new characters. Still, it’d be hard to live with a Smash game with over 100 characters.

crushingmayhem

Krabby Patty Burglar
Been expecting a lot from this game. I really like how Snake's back and how the roster got increased compared to Smash 4. I hope they add an adventure mode like in Melee and Brawl, it would be nice to actually see a bit of story and challenges again.

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
Been expecting a lot from this game. I really like how Snake's back and how the roster got increased compared to Smash 4. I hope they add an adventure mode like in Melee and Brawl, it would be nice to actually see a bit of story and challenges again.
Overall, Nintendo seems to be slowly lifting their “next-to-no story” ideology from the last gen, so I’d both expect and love to see something of the sort.

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
I don't want Brawl's 9 hour adventure, something like Melee's but extended would be exactly what I want for an adventure. At the same time, it's over 60 characters, I don't think a story is easy to make with that many.

Also PLEASE FIX CLASSIC PLEEEEASE. I don't even care if there's no race to the finish or that target mode sucks, I just want Classic back to the way it was!

I hope Smash Tour is ether a lot better or out of here, considering Super Mario Party is coming up, we don't need this IMO.

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
I don't want Brawl's 9 hour adventure, something like Melee's but extended would be exactly what I want for an adventure. At the same time, it's over 60 characters, I don't think a story is easy to make with that many.

Also PLEASE FIX CLASSIC PLEEEEASE. I don't even care if there's no race to the finish or that target mode sucks, I just want Classic back to the way it was!

I hope Smash Tour is ether a lot better or out of here, considering Super Mario Party is coming up, we don't need this IMO.
Smash Tour is the worst part of smash 4. I don't even want them to consider adding it to Ultimate, just add smash run instead

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
I don't understand the reason for ALL of smash bros characters to be there. Add Waluigi, a few more pokemon, and a couple of other Nintendo characters instead of keeping some of the worst characters in history of Smash Bros to the game.

Some are OP AF: Little Mac, Cloud, Ryu, and 1 other that I forget about.

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
I don't understand the reason for ALL of smash bros characters to be there. Add Waluigi, a few more pokemon, and a couple of other Nintendo characters instead of keeping some of the worst characters in history of Smash Bros to the game.

Some are OP AF: Little Mac, Cloud, Ryu, and 1 other that I forget about.
Bayonetta

Also Little Mac isn't OP. He's really good in the ground, but he sucks in the air and he's easy to edgeguard. He's actually considered a low tier.

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
I think Nintendo was just like "screw it, people keep getting mad and frustrated that their characters aren't getting in to the new Smash game, so whatever, everyone's eligible from all four games." It's a brilliant marketing move to do that, considering you can use that to make your roster look big without having to make new character models and game sets.

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
Wintermelon43 said:
Bayonetta

Also Little Mac isn't OP. He's really good in the ground, but he sucks in the air and he's easy to edgeguard. He's actually considered a low tier.
Never had any problem with him in the air.

Bayonetta is a terrible character. Not OP at all.

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
ssj4gogita4 said:
Never had any problem with him in the air.
Then you probably play against other Little Macs or on stages that don't have many objects, because we got to be real, his Up-B rivals Yoshi in being very ineffective. That plus, being a character that can't jump very high, makes him someone you just don't want to be in the air with.

Back