Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch Roster Guesses!

Mister Visitor

Moby Dollar
Hey all you!
So, seeing as E3 is rapidly approaching us I decided to make this topic about all of our predictions for the next Smash Bros!

Now, before you ready your Shreks and Gokus, I would REALLY advise you to keep things serious here. I do not want this topic turning into a memefest that has been done 100 times over. I would like to keep things relatively serious so I can actually know what you guys are predicting (or wanting) about the next Smash Bros game.

Allow me to begin:

Wants: Crash Bandicoot, Banjo-Kazooie
Guesses: Most of Smash 4's roster returning.
Wants OUT: Less 3rd party choices (Bayonetta, Cloud, Ryu)
Now then, PLEASE KEEP THINGS CIVIL!
And please, only post about your ACTUAL speculations, I don't like seeing things like "Oh I hope Mario's gonna return" because there's no fun in that, and it only serves as a waste.

And have fun!

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
Why would I want Shrek or Goku anyway, they're not background fish

In all seriousness, I want Jigglypuff back

BenPaz: Act Zero

My Waifu
Sonicdude2355 said:
Wants OUT: Majority of Fire Emblem characters, Bayonetta, Cloud, Ryu
What was wrong with all the non FE characters you listed.

(personally my opinion is I want Dark Pit and Lucina to be gone for sure) I'll be honest for a second a lot of the fire emblem characters play differently (except Roy he should've stayed in melee where he belonged and Ike is just heavier marth.) Marth is a swordsman who's pretty alright. Robin is a mage who plays pretty differently from the rest of the fe cast. Corrin is a half dragon hybrid uses those powers in his/her attacks. I'd want those characters to stay.

Mister Visitor

Moby Dollar
BenPaz: Act Zero said:
What was wrong with all the non FE characters you listed.

(personally my opinion is I want Dark Pit and Lucina to be gone for sure) I'll be honest for a second a lot of the fire emblem characters play differently (except Roy he should've stayed in melee where he belonged and Ike is just heavier marth.) Marth is a swordsman who's pretty alright. Robin is a mage who plays pretty differently from the rest of the fe cast. Corrin is a half dragon hybrid uses those powers in his/her attacks. I'd want those characters to stay.
Well, I should rephrase what I want out;

Wants OUT: Less realistic looking characters.
What I really mean: The one problem I had with Smash 4 was that it's roster somewhat bugged me, with characters like Bayonetta and Robin bothering me because they were very distinctly NOT Nintendo to me.

In my opinion, if a Smash Bros game can have rounds where it doesn't look even vaguely Nintendo, then it must be doing something wrong.

And yeah, I know it's rather petty to be negative about DLC characters, but I don't want former DLC characters I didn't like being part of the main roster in 4 (Which, is rather unlikely)

I just hate seeing Smash 4 matches looking like this:
2JO2ygK.png

I mean, with the exception of Sonic, absolutely nothing about this image screams "Nintendo" for me, and in a Super Smash Bros game I find that to be a flaw.
(And yes, I see the irony of associating Sonic with Nintendo)

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
Well, I should rephrase what I want out;

Wants OUT: Less realistic looking characters.
What I really mean: The one problem I had with Smash 4 was that it's roster somewhat bugged me, with characters like Bayonetta and Robin bothering me because they were very distinctly NOT Nintendo to me.

In my opinion, if a Smash Bros game can have rounds where it doesn't look even vaguely Nintendo, then it must be doing something wrong.

And yeah, I know it's rather petty to be negative about DLC characters, but I don't want former DLC characters I didn't like being part of the main roster in 4 (Which, is rather unlikely)

I just hate seeing Smash 4 matches looking like this:
2JO2ygK.png

I mean, with the exception of Sonic, absolutely nothing about this image screams "Nintendo" for me, and in a Super Smash Bros game I find that to be a flaw.
(And yes, I see the irony of associating Sonic with Nintendo)
Robin is a Nintendo character though.

Mister Visitor

Moby Dollar
Wintermelon43 said:
Robin is a Nintendo character though.
I know I know, what I mean is that he (as well as some other characters) Give the game a look that I don't think suits a Nintendo game in my opinion.
I mean, he doesn't even bother me since he is an actual Nintendo character, it's mostly just characters like Bayonetta that bother me because she just doesn't suit a Nintendo game.

Heck, she wouldn't even bother me either if there were less characters that had more realistic proportions.

Sky_Nova_20

Frozen Cephalopod
I always thought it will just be a port of the Wii U/3DS, but I'm not really sure that. I'm pretty sure the original 12 wil return and other certain characters in the previous series. I'm wondering if there will be more 3rd-party characters or not. It might look a little more unoriginal though, but that is just my point of view.

Nicktoonsummersplash2001

Bomb-Selling Pirate
All I want are my boys Pit, and Dark Pit (don’t care if Pittoo is a “clone” or not), my girl Palutena, and (UNPOPULAR OPINION AHEAD) Bayonetta... and my monkies DK & Diddy Kong...

and maybe King K.rool and Viridi if I’ve been a good boy this year in nintendo’s eyes.

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
Smash 4 roster with a few characters like Bayonetta or Cloud nerfed, Paper Mario should be a costume, and I also think Nintendo should try and reach to cartoon channels for characters, could be a good idea.

Birds858

Floating Shopping List
Smash 4 roster with a few characters like Bayonetta or Cloud nerfed, Paper Mario should be a costume, and I also think Nintendo should try and reach to cartoon channels for characters, could be a good idea.
Didn’t Sakurai say that he’s wanted to include Spongebob and Goku in Smash 4 in a interview ?
Edit : The video speaking of this (at 5:45) :
https://youtu.be/4CJoYsBRwrI

Anyway, the actual roster is fine for me even if that would be cool to get Rayman as a guest star.

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
Birds858 said:
Didn’t Sakurai say that he’s wanted to include Spongebob and Goku in Smash 4 in a interview ?
Edit : The video speaking of this (at 5:45) :
https://youtu.be/4CJoYsBRwrI

Anyway, the actual roster is fine for me even if that would be cool to get Rayman as a guest star.
Yeah, but maybe hope for other cartoon characters I guess, I don't know why it's "impossible" but it's his game.

Back