Super Mario Maker 2 announced for Nintendo Switch

SpongeBobfan1987

"I'm so spice!"
Super Mario Maker for the Wii and 3DS finally gets a sequel and it is packed with all kind of new assets and and enemies, including the introduction of slopes to make your custom levels have hilly terrain, etc.

CannedBread

Moby Dollar
I played so much of the first game, I'm really exited to get this for the switch. I'm kind of skeptical about the #D world stuff, but all in all it looks like a good time.

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
So I've always been confused on this and never really bothered looking it up.

Is this just a "create your own level" thing and not playing regular levels like Super Mario Bros games do? Or do you get to play other levels people have created from around the world? The title really didn't thrill me because I'm not creative with the "maker" side.

SpongeBobfan1987

"I'm so spice!"
I have never tried the Wii U or 3DS ports of the game, so I might consider getting this one, when the Nintendo Switch goes down in price. I was anticipating they added hilly terrain like a lot of people...and they did. Now Mario or Luigi or their friends can slide the slopes, knocking down enemies in their path. If I submitted some custom levels, they would include various levels using 8-bit Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario Bros. 3 graphics. Each of those levels would be using different strategies to complete the levels.

Last edited:

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
I wonder why they added a 3D World art pack if it wasn’t a sidescroller. Really hoping this means a Galaxy skin comes around soon, but I wouldn’t be happy with 64, Sunshine or Odyssey ones, as they’re far too exploration-based to be converted into full-on 2D.

Back