[CLOSED] Suggest an Episode and I'll Give My Opinion on it!

Squidwardiard

Frozen Cephalopod
Super Evil Aquatic Villain Team Up Is Go!
I think the episode is alright I guess. I don't feel like Man Ray is acting like himself though. He acts odd during the episode. He just kinda does what Plankton says with a blank expression on his face mostly. Man Ray doesn't act very menacing like he usually does. Then he just eats a bunch of patties. What is this? Lol. I like the idea of him and Plankton teaming up, but I feel like it's wasted here. Not much happens with the team up. Instead of Man Ray eating a lot, he and Plankton should be doing something awesome. So, I think the episode is still kind of entertaining to watch. But I don't like the way Man Ray acts, and I feel like the Plankton team up is wasted.

Last edited:

Squidwardiard

Frozen Cephalopod
A Pal for Gary
Hey, Sorry I'm SO late. Better late than never I guess.

I think this episode is... alright. I don't think it's great, but I don't think it's the worst either. I at least like how it starts out with Spongebob genuinely worrying about Gary being lonely when he's at work. I also like that the setup for this episode is the classic "Gremlins" type of story, where a cute new pet turns into a vicious monster due to a trigger (being around other pets in this episode). I think the joke where the pet seller shows a picture of a real cat instead of a snail like you'd expect is funny as well. Honestly, the joke where Spongebob says "ENCHILADAS" is hilarious too. So we have shenanigans with the new pet secretly being mean to Gary and Spongebob not finding out about it, which is kind of dumb but typical. You see this type of setup in many other shows. Then the pet turns into a monster. I always found the scene where the monster is raiding the fridge funny for some reason. I think the monstrous design for Puffy Fluffy is pretty cool too, but it's also unfitting for the show. It's a little too detailed for a Spongebob character design.

Then we get to the ending scene of the episode that makes everyone hate A Pal for Gary... the scene where SpongeBob witnesses Puffy Fluffy attacking Gary in front of his own eyes.. and SpongeBob is too stupid to realize what's happening! He actually somehow thinks Gary is attacking Puffy Fluffy instead! What do I think of this? Well I guess my feelings are kind of complicated. I think the writers meant for it to be a subversion of the usual trope of the pet owner not knowing when the other pet is being mean to it. Most cartoons would have the pet owner not ever see the pet being mean, but this scene does something different by having SpongeBob see it right in front of his face and still not know. I think the writers meant for it to be funny too about SpongeBob being extremely clueless to the point of it not really making sense. I admit I think it's KIND OF funny and I respect that they tried doing something different instead of being cliche. On the other hand, I think they went a bit too far. SpongeBob isn't supposed to be this dumb or naive. And it's a little too weird for me because it really doesn't make sense. I get that's probably the joke, but it's a bit too out there and weird. They probably shouldn't change SpongeBob's character for the sake of 1 joke. So at the same time, I think this scene is pretty dumb. But it doesn't really bother me as much as most people. I like how Gary saves the day at the end though with his roping skills, tying into him watching Westerns at the start of the episode. So overall, I think this episode is alright. Not great, but not the worst for me. At least the controversial scene is only a fairly small part of the episode. The rest of it is just kind of cliche with a few funny jokes.

Squidwardiard

Frozen Cephalopod
Petergeist from Family Guy
Sorry I'm VERY late. Better late than never I suppose. It's interesting doing a non-SpongeBob episode.

So Petergeist was one of the first Family Guy episodes I ever watched. I distinctly remember the Herbert fight scene.

I like the story of the episode. I like how Peter does some more of his shenanigans by misusing the ancient skull. And I like how this episode is different from others since it involves the supernatural. I also appreciate that this episode is different by including all of the main characters working together to solve a problem rather than the usual sub-plots. It's fun having the whole family together. I like how the story feels pretty adventurous too as there is quite a bit going on.

Some jokes I liked were Stewie singing in the air tonight when he was in the spirit world, Peter's face turning into Hank Hill's, and the exit of the spirit world being Meg's behind. That's another great Meg abuse joke. And Stewie's singing is hilarious. Herbert fighting the tree to save Chris is kind of weird and over the top, but pretty funny also. The Hank Hill reference is neat and unexpected. Bruce's inclusion in the episode is funny as well.

Overall, a funny, interesting, and adventurous episode that is a little different involving the supernatural.

Squidwardiard

Frozen Cephalopod
spobob in randomland
I think the episode is pretty interesting and fun. RandomLand is a fun idea. It's cool seeing all of the weird creatures, interesting visuals, and weird events. But I also think the RandomLand idea is a bit too out there for SpongeBob. Still pretty fun though. It's awesome that the writers referenced and acknowledged "Red Mist." That was the highlight of the episode for me. But it sucks that it later ended up being censored. It was replaced with a baby Squidward going in its diaper. I think that's also kind of inappropriate but whatever. And did they really make a reference instead to that awful Squid Baby episode? I don't really have a lot more to say about the episode. But overall I think the episode is fun and interesting, but a bit too weird for the show.

Squidwardiard

Frozen Cephalopod
Hmm, how about Gone?
I enjoy this episode. The mystery of everyone disappearing is pretty engaging and interesting. The idea of everyone just disappearing without any explanation is scary but fascinating. It's interesting seeing SpongeBob in an episode mostly by himself and not really have any other characters to bounce off of. I find the episode entertaining still despite that. I like when SB imitates the other characters to replace them. These imitations feel sort of like precursors to the ones in Mimic Madness. The plot does feel kinda all over the place though. SpongeBob talking to his boat was kinda dumb. And it's kind of random when he goes crazy at the end. The ending is mean spirited to SpongeBob, but I think it's still pretty funny. He is meant to be annoying to the other characters, so the ending makes some sense and is funny imo. It's harsh to have them torch and stomp the SpongeBob structure, but I'm amused by how extreme it is. A pretty interesting and enjoyable episode to me.

Squidwardiard

Frozen Cephalopod
Sure, even though did it before...

I do like to say that I do like episode for how it handled the characters and I like the Patchy Segments.
Oh yeah, maybe I shouldn't since I did before.

Yeah I agree with that. I kinda like the Patchy segments. And I like how the episode handled the characters too.

Squidwardiard

Frozen Cephalopod
Plankton Paranoia
I actually had to watch this episode because I couldn't remember if I had seen it or not. Now I remember I've only seen it once in the past. I think this episode is decent. What I learned from this episode is that deep down Mr. Krabs kind of enjoys the rivalry with Plankteron. He clearly misses it when he hasn't tried stealing the formula in a while. It's a little weird that Krabs loses his mind so fast though. The animation when Krabs goes crazy with hallucinations of Plankton looks kinda cool. I found the fact that Plankton threw Krabs a surprise Rivalry Anniversary Party to be pretty funny. It's also funny that they're civil enough to take their vacations at the same time. It was surprising seeing Krabs do something very kind at the end of the episode. He ended up getting himself hurt trying to save everyone from his "booby trapped" krabby patties. It almost seems out of character for him, haha! Overall, I think the episode is decent. Not a great episode imo, but decent enough. I like the plot and how the episode plays with the Krabs/Plankton rivalry.

Last edited:

Mr. What Zit Tooya

Moby Dollar
I actually had to watch this episode because I couldn't remember if I had seen it or not. Now I remember I've only seen it once in the past. I think this episode is decent. What I learned from this episode is that deep down Mr. Krabs kind of enjoys the rivalry with Plankteron. He clearly misses it when he hasn't tried stealing the formula in a while. It's a little weird that Krabs loses his mind so fast though. The animation when Krabs goes crazy with hallucinations of Plankton looks kinda cool. I found the fact that Plankton threw Krabs a surprise Rivalry Anniversary Party to be pretty funny. It's also funny that they're civil enough to take their vacations at the same time. It was surprising seeing Krabs do something very kind at the end of the episode. He ended up getting himself hurt trying to save everyone from his "booby trapped" krabby patties. It almost seems out of character for him, haha! Overall, I think the episode is decent. Not a great episode imo, but decent enough. I like the plot and how the episode plays with the Krabs/Plankton rivalry.
Good Opinion.

I like the episode because of how it is executed, because this is not the typical Krabs and Plankton episode where one would expect everything to be Plankton's plan, it is a paranoia of the Krabs himself.

Some call it One Coarse Meal better done.

Squidwardiard

Frozen Cephalopod
Good Opinion.

I like the episode because of how it is executed, because this is not the typical Krabs and Plankton episode where one would expect everything to be Plankton's plan, it is a paranoia of the Krabs himself.

Some call it One Coarse Meal better done.
Very good points. It's nice that the episode is unique that way. I did feel it had similarities with One Coarse Meal.

Back