Steven Universe

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
Rose Quartz: Bismuth we can't shatter the Diamonds that would be wrong

Me: *pulls receipts on Rose shattering Pink Diamond* sweaty (:

Anyway salty jokes aside, I find it interesting that Homeworld gems talk about Rose like they think she's a monster, which I suppose she would be to them. Like, Jasper sees her as a traitor to their Diamond and therefore basically the worst thing a gem could be, and Eyeball says that Steven is "even crueler than Rose Quartz". It's sort of unsettling, but what Garnet said is really the most realistic answer (well, it's not a clear answer, there is no clear answer) to the question brought up in Bismuth and again in this episode. Sometimes in extreme situations, good people are forced to do things that would otherwise be unthinkable. If it's what's best for most people in the long run, is it worth it?

i s2g if they don't unbubble my rainbow wife soon to discuss this further

Also Love Like You always makes me Feel so much and hearing it at the end of this episode just broke me

I've seen Bubbled and................................ Kindergarten Kid online today. Giving their thoughts seperately since I assume no one hasn't seen Kindergarten Kid.

Bubbled

Wow, this was such a thrilling season finale. I can't believe season 3 is over and we are at season 4 this quickly, and SpongeBob season 9 has been going on for 4 years.

It was so heartbreaking to see Steven stuck in a bubble at space but also Eyeball is with him. I really liked their dynamic together and the adventure they went through was pretty fun but it really got dark when Eyeball found out Steven is Rose and she tried to shatter Steven. That was so intense and once Steven got rid of her, CGs found him YES but It was really just depressing to find out Rose did shattered Pink Diamond. Tbh Jailbreak episode ending didn't even leave me this cold. This was a depressing season finale but a really good one. We got to see Steven actually realzing his mom isn't what he thought she was and that makes this episode so sadder. Poor Steven :( but it's also important that Steven learned that he should be a person of his own and not like his mom. Thankfully he realized that before knowing the hard truth about her mom because that'd make his situation worse if he didn't realize he shouldn't be like his mom before. These last couple of episodes have been really sad but worth watching. This episode was great and a better version of Gravity movie.

Grade: A+

Season 3 grade: A-

I didn't think this season was as marvelous as season 2 but it definitely had a lot of strong episodes to shine and so many important information. BRING IT ON SEASON 4.

Now to discuss season 4 premiere, Kindergarten Kid, which airs today but got uploaded online earlier lmao.

Warning, this still hasn't aired, so see this after you see this episode online or tonight.

It's weird to have a silly episode after a really heartbreaking episode but still this episode was so perfect. I can't believe they parodied Coyote and Road Runner cartoons and it worked so well. Peridot chasing the gem monster at the desert, couldn't be a better location for her to hunt that down, Peridot falling and her getting hit by rocks, those were just pure hilarity. Peridot is not my favorite gem but she's probably the funniest character in the show and this episode prooves that. It was also nice to see Peridot actually joining CGs for missions for first time (well not counting Jasper thing since that came as a surprise for her) and I hope to see her doing more in missions. Steven was also great, good to see him helping Peridot for monster hunt unlike other CGs lel and him trying to make Peridot understand how the monster feels was pretty amusing. And Peridot got a bit of character development. She realized these missions are not easy at all. And another great thing is that she can bubble gems now, nice. I found it funny that the bubble went to the barn, instead of the temple and Lapis reading a book was just cute. Although yeah, it's weird to have this comedic episode but I didn't think it was distracting for some reason and I enjoyed every second of it.

Grade: A

I hope you guys love this season 4 premiere just like I did.

Sweat

Banished
With a season finale that deep and sad, I'm glad we kicked off season 4 with one of the most gloriously stupid episodes I've ever seen of the show.

Realistically, I should've been annoyed, but it was a slapstick-filled Roadrunner-type mess that I didn't hesitate to smile at while watching. There were so many stupid scenes with Peridot getting crushed, Peridot falling from high up, Peridot acting like some weird frog, Peridot proving that she is the best thing that exists on the show, y'know.

Peridot acting like some frog with the monster made my smile more than anything else. It was so dumb, I had to like it, and it was also really nice to see Peri bubbling that gem and getting to see Lapis doing her thing.

A- for the actual unbiased quality, A+ for how much it entertained me.

Loopers

Sportz?
ok i finally catched up!!!!!
but i don't feel reviewing all the eps i missed so im gonna do the kindergarten kid :P
it was decent and nothing special but the coyote and roadrunner references are forced and predictable but it was all good and nothing too bad uhhh B-???? i guess ;) mobile is terrible

OWM

XD
Peridot as Wile E. Coyote is the weirdest thing I've seen all week.

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
Remember when we first met Peridot and she was all mysterious and intimidating? Look where we are now. She's Wile E. Coyote. Amazing.

Sweat

Banished
Eh. Not my favorite episode at all, probably my absolutely least favorite of the Summer, but since this summer was so great, it wasn't bad. It was just underwhelming, I feel like the conflict was forced and the whole plot was kinda pointless. We never really got anything out of the episode, and it wasn't funny.

I'm starting to warm up to Smokey though, I initially thought she was kinda off, but she's slowly getting better.

B, probably a B-

Know Your Fusion

This was a different episode, that's for sure. Never expected them to make a talk show episode but they did it and I liked it. It was great to see Sardonyx having a huge role in here and Smoky Quartz was fun here and I definitely enjoyed Garnet and Pearl's reactions to them. I liked meta jokes like when they showed clips of previous fusion episodes, they showed that it belongs to CN, so that was good. And the last 2 minutes were just great. Agree with Hal that this wasn't the strongest episode of StevenNuke but I enjoyed for what it was and it kept me interested.

Grade: A-

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
I wasn't a huge fan of Smoky's design when they (she? idk I'm gonna use they for now) first showed up, but it's sort of grown on me. Definitely not my favorite fusion design, but they're cute, and the yo-yo is pretty awesome. Sardonyx was a lot of fun but I have to agree with Hal, I didn't really get anything out of the episode. It was entertaining, but ultimately it just felt a bit pointless? Oh well, for what it is it's fine.

Sweat

Banished
21 episodes, man.

Here's a ranking of all episodes from worst to best in my honest opinion.

21. Drop Beat Dad - Just a really lame episode that didn't have as much conflict or character as I wanted it too.
20. Restaurant Wars - I didn't like the plot of this one at all, and the entire thing seemed kinda forced.
19. Kiki's Pizza Delivery Service - I sorta liked it, but I never get much out of Beach City characters' problems outside of a couple exceptions.
18. Know Your Fusion - A mostly decent episode that got saved by Sardonyx being awesome as always.
17. Gem Hunt - It was a really cute episode with good interactions between Connie and Steven, but mostly seemed like filler.
16. Greg the Babysitter - Easily my least favorite episode involving a backstory, but I always like that kind of episode.
15. Beach City Drift - Seeing Stevonnie was great, and I liked the message that went with it, but it was otherwise fine.
14. Steven Floats - The first episode here that I really liked, it was funny and had a nice exposition which kicked off the event perfectly.
13. Alone at Sea - It's always a joy seeing Lapis developing even more, since it's a shame I'm not seeing her lighter side as much as I want.
12. Crack the Whip - Seeing the battle, and especially Connie in battle, was great, and I loved seeing more to Amethyst's character arc.
11. Beta - I loved seeing Peridot and Lapis, but I didn't get much out of the second half since it was mainly just a way to built up to Earthlings.
10. Back to the Moon - A very dramatic episode with the most messed up cliffhanger in the show's history, a heck of a ride.
9. The New Lars - Probably my absolute favorite Beach City-centered episode, Steven/Lars' interactions were nothing short of fun to watch.
8. Steven vs. Amethyst - An insanely important episode for both Steven and Amethyst, with some neat action scenes to boot.
7. Bubbled - A wonderfully barebones episode with a beautiful atmosphere, ending off season 3 with an absolute tearjerker.
6. Bismuth - I respect this episode much more than I enjoy it, but if there were any episode that summarized what SU does well, it's this one.

5. Kindergarten Kid - Just an absolutely wacky episode, basically the opposite of Bismuth. I really can't get enough of Peridot. Her antics are straight-up hilarious, and I can easily enjoy the Coyote & Roadrunner references, although I admittedly understand why others don't like it as much.
4. Too Short to Ride - Seeing development from Peridot is way too fun to watch, and it helps that the episode is mostly just comfy. Her interaction with actual humans is too enjoyable to even remotely dislike, and it was wonderful to see her start unfolding the potential she never knew she had.
3. Earthlngs - An absolute monster of an episode, one that does so much in 11 minutes that I can barely comprehend it all. Smokey Quartz's actions and dialogue if fun to watch, and Jasper's corruption is straight-up one of the most disturbing things I've seen in the show.
2. Mr. Greg - I didn't get enough Pearl during the Summer, so an episode with her conflicts with Greg and Rose is utterly perfect in my eyes. Seeing them actually warm up to each other for real was incredilbly heartwarming, and I love all 3 musical numbers, especially "It's Over, Isn't It".

1. Monsters Reunion - It's tough for me to put into words how much this episode has screwed with my head in such a wonderful way. The Centipeetle in human form is absolutely adorable, which made it especially hurt to see her suffer during the climax of the episode. I got way more lore-filled exposition than I could have ever asked for. Steven's interaction with her was incredible to watch, and the entire thing ended in the absolute BEST way that I could ever even think about. The amount of thought that comes from this episode, combined with the amount of enjoyment I got by simply watching it makes it, bar none, the absolute highlight of the Summer of Steven, and one of the peak moments in the entire show, probably only trumped by one or two episodes.

I'd love to see your guys' opinion/list things too, a top 5 or something could suffice. :P

WOOHOO BACK TO WEEKLY PREMIERES

Buddy Book
Well this wasn't really an episode I cared that much but I enjoyed it. It had some funny parts and I liked the reveal of Rose actually having lions before she had pink lion and Amethyst actually visiting Kindergarten at times. I also liked the message Rose gave to William Dewey. It was an ep that was just there but it was fine. Just nothing too much to be crazy about.

Grade: B

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
Gems in their old-timey outfits
2dd.jpg

Mindful Education

wow. This was just perfect and it's already one of my favorite episodes. From the start, it was so clear that something really deep was going to happen and it did. Connie actually beat a kid up and felt bad about it, that caused fusion to get distracted. Later Garnet sang a really beautiful song about how to balance your feelings and the animation looked fantastic. The song wasn't the best and a bit long but still pretty nice. Later Connie actually made up with the kid and felt good but later Stecen started to feel bad about Bismuth, Jasper and Eyeball and he couldn't save them. I felt like this was the ep I really needed after Bubbled because it took a while to see Steven thinking about these situations and this episode pulled it off brilliantly. And climax was just so intense but thankfully Steven and Connie talked about his situation and once again they fused. I really loved this one so much. So far it's the best episode of season 4 and one of the best episodes in this show

Grade: A+

SpongeyKid

mynameisspongeykid
Summer of Steven was filled with lots of great episodes and moments. Some that I really enjoyed were Bismuth, Earthlings, Mr. Greg, Steven vs. Amethyst and that's just to name a few. It's really hard picking favorites, but in general, I just really loved them all :P

Now back to weekly episodes. First was Buddy's Book, which I found to be a fairly enjoyable and light episode. And Mindful Education was amazing! The song along with the visuals was beautiful, the small action scenes, Stevonnie development and seeing them working through their problems etc. This episode was just packed with lots of stuff that ultimately lead to a really awesome episode and perhaps one of my favorites.

BrickSponge2015

See You Ocean Man...
S4 has been a mixed bag so far. Mindful Education and Know Your Fusion were great, The Kindergarten Kid was ok and I didn't love Buddy's Book.

Sweat

Banished
Honestly, I didn't post about Buddy's Book and Mindful Education because they were both really mediocre.

The ending to Mindful Education is great, though. I hope it leads to more.

Back