Steamboat Willie

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
I figured I might post this for my 1,928th post.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BBgghnQF6E4
I still find it a bit enjoyable now, though only to see where Disney’s success began to skyrocket. Although its historical importance is debated (it’s not the first sound cartoon or the first Mickey Mouse cartoon), it’s still the reason the year 1928 is remembered by many people.

What are your thoughts on it? Have you even seen it until now?

KarateSponge

Parawhore
the only reason why i remember 1928 is because that was the year before the great depression actually

McSponge

Frozen Cephalopod
It's pretty overrated. The short (While revolutionary to Disney) is alright, there's not that many gags that stick with me, most of them are the typical visual gags from the time period (Particularly when it comes to Disney's odd obsession with cow udders at the time :confused: ). Personally, I think Plane Crazy is a much better short, and deserves way more recognition than this average cartoon.

Sky_Nova_20

Frozen Cephalopod
I just learned about this in my US History class, but whatever.
I think it was a decent short, but there really isn't much to talk about.

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
I know no one collects Tsum Tsum, but recently they released figures of Steamboat Willie Mickey and Minnie packs, which is neat.

JAKKS-Pacific-Disney-Tsum-Tsum-Vinyl-Series-9-Steamboat-Willie-Sets-Mckey-and-Minnie-988399823.jpg

AquaticKonquest

Fudanshi
I've never actually seen the short in its entirety before prior to coming across it via this topic. Had only really just seen that iconic shot of Mickey at the wheel. Honestly, I thought it'd focus more on Pete and Mickey. It's nice though.

Back