SSPB's 5 Most Underrated Episodes of Each Season (1-8)

SquareSpongePantsBob

Floating Shopping List
​#4

​Episode-Fiasco!
Production-168b
Premiered-4/5/2012

This one isn't too well liked by most. Most seem to think it's a pretty boring, dull episode that had a mess of a story. I think the episode is a lot better, funnier, and entertaining than most people do but the ending brought it down significantly for me. To start what a hilarious way to start an episode. A commercial with Patrick having a job and being exhausted, Squidward riding up on a dolphin, and Krabs and leotard was a great and funny way to start the episode. The rest of the episode remained funny and got entertaining seeing the chase scene last through most the episode. I enjoyed the randomness of some parts of the chase scene, but I can see how some people thought it was a bit boring. After that Plankton threatens SpongeBob and Gary with harboring a thief when Good Samaritan Squidward walks in and finds Plankton and the stolen art and gets arrested for it. The episode went down immensely at the end. This could of been one of season 8's better episodes, but the ending completely ruined it for me. Overall I find it funnier and more entertaining than most do, but the ending really holds it back from being a lot better regarded.

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
One thing I’m starting to learn getting back into Season 8’s that the episodes are mixed bags- for everything good they do, there’s something wrong (dull storytelling, flat character, slow pacing) that holds them back from being fully good episodes. That’s not to say there aren’t fully good and fully bad episodes, but meh’s the item of the day when it comes to most of Season 8 IMO.

SquareSpongePantsBob

Floating Shopping List
EmployeeAMillion said:
One thing I’m starting to learn getting back into Season 8’s that the episodes are mixed bags- for everything good they do, there’s something wrong (dull storytelling, flat character, slow pacing) that holds them back from being fully good episodes. That’s not to say there aren’t fully good and fully bad episodes, but meh’s the item of the day when it comes to most of Season 8 IMO.
I agree. This season I think serves well to get the show back on track. There was a lot more consistency than previous seasons, with only a few episodes being season 6-7 quality, but most the episodes are about the same okay/decent level clumped right with each other.

SquareSpongePantsBob

Floating Shopping List
​#3

​Episode-Bubble Troubles
Production-166b
​Premiered-11/25/2011

​Another one that's hard to defend. People don't like it that much for SpongeBob's dumbness and how it could have affected Sandy in this episode. It's one of those episodes where when someone explains why they don't like it you say "Well if you put it like THAT.." If you look at this episode in more the way it was intended, an interesting story with suspense sort of, with humorous awkward moments from Sandy hallucinating then you'll find it a lot better. The opening scene goes on WAY too long, perhaps they were setting up and foreshadowing bubbles will be important here, I don't know, but it was a very slow way to start an episode. I liked Patrick's "blissful unawareness of how dumb he really is" moment in the next scene at Sandy's treedome arrogantly thinking Sandy's dumb for not breathing water and what a genius he is for his spicy bubbles. Here's where the episode became polarizing. If you don't look at it so morbidly, then Sandy hallucinating and the awkward scenes became very humorous, and entertaining to watch, and that's where the episode got very bizarre but funny to me. The awkwardness of these moments, Sandy licking her helmet saying Patrick tastes like glass, and Pearl walking into to see Mr. Krabs with Sandy on him with her mouth around his eyestalk-less head, brings the episode way up for some and way down for others. But you know my defense for this episode? How come pre-movie episodes like Tea at the Treedome and Pressure have "classic" scenes where a character is suffocating yet this one is so horrifying? I am a massive defender of Pre-Movie, but there are times when I can see an episode from post-movie overhated for something that was okay in pre-movie, and this one is it. People don't like it for Sandy losing oxygen which I understand, but how come that's a shred of pre-movie brilliance with SpongeBob unable to breathe in Tea at the Treedome? Anyway, I digress. Now onto the most controversial scene of the episode, SB with the oxygen tank. Yeah he's pretty dumb there but it shouldn't be an indictment of the episode. Overall one of those where I think it's underrated because of some dark humor and some nitpicky things with the episode like the bubble scene and the oxygen tank, I think this is actually quite a decent unspectacular episode.

​#2

​Episode-Drive Thru
Production-154a
​Premiered-7/20/2011

​Another most people either don't care for or find decent. I love this episode, this was such an entertaining segment. The pacing in this episode is ballistic. Complete opposite of most of season 8, it's rapid-fire comedy, rapid-fire entertainment scenes, it's a crazy episode, with fitting crazy music playing in the background. I found Mr. Krabs cheapness very funny in this episode. It produced a lot of funny moments for how complicated everything was, and he didn't get away with it at the end either. There was something I just liked about Mr. Krabs just smashing bigger holes in walls as it added to the crazy atmosphere of this episode. There were already a lot of funny moments early in this episode like Squidward's lines, Plankton's car, and the trampoline for the food, but the episode really picked up and got insane when the second drive-thru was added, I'm typing faster just thinking about the fast-paced insanity of that scene. The ending was surprisingly bearable for the KK being destroyed, I liked SB with the toothpaste. I really don't know why this one isn't liked more, Pearl had an irritating scene, but no where near enough to destroy the episode for me.

​#1 Underrated Season 8 Episode Is:

​Episode-The Other Patty
​Production-153b
​Premiered-6/18/2011

​And my final choice on my first SBM list is The Other Patty, my most underrated season 8 episode! Thank you everyone who followed this list, I'll address you more after the review. This episode really surprised me upon rewatch. When this episode first premiered I thought it was a quite boring episode. I just wasn't that big of a fan. Three years later, while watching it on season 8 DVD, I realized there was a lot of hidden humor in here and this was actually a funny episode. It's not the best episode but I still found a lot of funny parts in here. I loved Krabs' quote "The bank is handing out free samples of money?", the action scene with Plankton landing in Krabs' eye and beating him with a shovel, and my favorite Plankton's cannibalism quote. Lots of funny parts in between too, overall one that really surprised me upon analysis and one of the better installments of season 8.

I've learned a lot in the last eighteen days, six hours, sixteen minutes, and twenty seven and a half seconds about making lists on SBM and if there's one thing I've learned wanted to say it's thank you all who followed the list. I enjoyed posting the episodes, and hearing your opinions too. Don't be afraid to give me yours on the last three either.

Most Underrated Per Season-
1 Squidward, the Unfriendly Ghost
2 Krusty Love
3 The Great Snail Race
4 Squidtastic Voyage
5 Spy Buddies
6 Komputer Overload
7 Tunnel of Glove
8 The Other Patty

coft

happy hopping moron
I can’t really think of 5 For every season so I’ll just Name 1 from each