Completed Squidward1999's Top 10 Favorite Episodes in Spongebob (in my opinion)

Squidward1999

Balloon Traveler
122 Conch Street, Bikini Bottom (or the USA)
Let's get on with this...

#10: The Paper

I don't know why The Paper gets much hate? It's just Spongebob using his Imagination while Squidward tries resist his urge of wanting that paper...

I guess people either hate this episode either because it's boring or because of the ending, which I do kinda feel bad for Squidward but at the same time he was asking for it...

This was the Season 1 equivalent to Idiot Box but before that episode was ever thought of...

Overall this episode is good in my opinion 7/10.

Last edited:

Squidward1999

Balloon Traveler
#9: Valentine's Day

I don't know why people hate this episode...

If anything I could relate with Patrick, because if all that build up for this Valentine's present that I don't know about and all this excitement built up only for all of that to get waisted for a handshake...

And this wasn't Spongebob's idea but Sandy's...

But I'll push it all aside because at least Patrick managed to get his present at the end and his reaction does warm me up a inside.

Squidward1999

Balloon Traveler
#8: Squids Day Off

Another one of my favorite Squidward episodes just because how many times he checks on Spongebob, he always gets worried about how Spongebob might mess up.

However though, the funniest part for me is at the end where Squidward basically goes from being insane just to try to make sure he doesn't go outside to basically being in shock once Spongebob realizes that the open sign wasn't flipped from the close, making Squidward deflat himself at the end...

Also Mr.Krabs arms coming off for the Second time due to Squidward running naked back to the Krusty Krab is funny

Overall this episode is g-r-reat in my opinion 8/10

Squidward1999

Balloon Traveler
#7: Ink Lemonade

Yep, I just did that...

Anyways why do I like this episode? Well there are three reasons...

1#: The fact that Patrick is technically being encouraged by the Bikini Bottomites, and Spongebob doesn't do nothing about (which I don't think Patrick should get all of the blame).

#2: The horror tent scene. You have to agree with me that Patrick does have good imagination.

Also Patrick as Squidwards Supposed Child and the Old Marinette Squidward is a bit funny.

And finally #3: The wacky animation here works perfectly with this episode as it is supposed to be wacky itself.

Overall this episode is Great in my opinion 8/10 (Tied with Squids Day Off)

Bigsmoker

Frozen Cephalopod
Wow this one really surprised me. I have never expected this episode to be in the list XD
I understand your reasons and I agree with them, but I still do not like this episode. But I respect your opinion and I am looking forward the next one!

Squidward1999

Balloon Traveler
#6: House Fancy

This episode is overhated because of the Toenail scene.

But honestly I like this episode for a few reasons:

#1: The fact that some elders could relate to Squidward, mainly when Squidward is watching the House Fancy program.

#2: Squilliam returns after being absent since Season 3, and he's pretty funny here.

#3: The ending (from Squidward hissing to Squilliam crying in defeat) or climax is pretty funny.

In my opinion this is a 9/10, Amazing...

OfficerSquidward

Imitation Krab
Let's get on with this...

#10: The Paper

I don't know why The Paper gets much hate? It's just Spongebob using his Imagination while Squidward tries resist his urge of wanting that paper...

I guess people either hate this episode either because it's boring or because of the ending, which I do kinda feel bad for Squidward but at the same time he was asking for it...

This was the Season 1 equivalent to Idiot Box but before that episode was ever thought of...

Season 1 was a very experimental season, which is probably why a lot of episodes like these don't stick out to people. Even if The Paper isn't super great on its own, it deserves a lot more appreciation for trying to do its own thing. And wouldn't you know it, it would be experimental episodes like this that inspire some of the greatest of series, like Idiot Box (which I'm happy I'm not alone on this)!

Squidward1999

Balloon Traveler
#5: Fear of a Krabby Patty

Definitely one not to be considered the death of Spongebob...

There are a few reasons why I think this episode is amazing

The animation style here is similar to the movie but kinda looks different (because of C.H. Greenblat working on this episode).

The "decent into Insanity" scene where Mr.Krabs and Spongebob basically breaks down while Plankton laughs knowing he'll win (which he doesn't) and all of a sudden Old Man Jenkins just flies in out of nowhere wondering what's going on, and at that point it just makes the episode for me.

Then were back to the Krusty Krab, Spongebob, Mr.Krabs, and Squidward have suffered from basically being awake nonstop for 43 days, Squidward is looking like he going to drop dead, Mr.Krabs looks shriveled and wrinkled, and Spongebob is...

Afraid of Krabby Patty's?

Then again, considering that Spongebob has worked nonstop for 43 days without sleeping this is justified...

And Finally, Plankton.

Basically his plan is cause Spongebob to crack, and get the formula out of him through rehabilitation was basically the downfall to his plan...

And it wasn't really done before, which is actually pretty great!

In my opinion this is a 9/10, Amazing...

Bigsmoker

Frozen Cephalopod
House Fancy is a great episode and one of my favorite episodes in season 6 because of the reasons you mentioned. The toenail scene is really bad and disgusting but it does not make this great episode bad for me.
Fear of a Krabby Patty is also a good episode. I used to consider this episode as an overrated episode but I rewatched it and it is really good.
I am looking forward to the next one! I have no idea what it can be

Squidward1999

Balloon Traveler
#4: Suction Cup Symphon

Now this is where my favorite episodes begin to shine.

Here's 3 reasons why I like this episode.

#1: Squidward once again relatable is having trouble with trying to think up a music piece, something that some people could relate to if you are trying to think up an idea but get distracted by something which in Squidward's case is Spongebob operating on Patrick's bum...

#2: From Squidward forming a rainbow on his head to making his insane face (which returns from Squid's Day Off) is funny and also relatable because if you think about it, have you ever had a good idea but just fades away? That happened to me a couple of times...

And #3: The ending, from Squidward conducting the Suction Cup Symphon to his head swelling up is probably one of the funniest things I've seen in Spongebob...

This episode in my opinion is a 10/10, Sponge-tastic

Bigsmoker

Frozen Cephalopod
I totally agree here. It is a great episode for me. It is one of the best episodes of S6 and maybe even the best one!
I wonder what #3 would be

Squidward1999

Balloon Traveler
#3: Help Wanted

One word, first...

But really? This episode is one of my favorites because of the fact it started one of my favorite shows ever and being pretty funny and good for a first episode (and what other way to begin Spongebob than to show us how Spongebob got his job at The Krusty Krab).

It should also be considered that this was the only episode in the series to be animated under Games Animation and the only one produced in 1997 which was almost 25 years ago...

But overall this episode in my opinion is a 10/10, Sponge-tastic

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Gotta love Help Wanted, it really is a great pilot no matter what way you slice it. I was listening to the SpongeBob podcast the other day and they were talking about how it really just gets you straight into the premise of the show, and they're so right! I mean, we're introduced to almost every main character but Sandy and Plankton, which is awesome. And like you said it's a pretty funny episode. I also always liked the animation in this episode, it's got a nice charm to it, probably from being produced so differently to other episodes.

Back