Squidward wants SpongeBob dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

RomNick

Balloon Traveler
Does anybody even see what I'm saying?! You're all overreacting to minor things!

EditorWiki

Floating Shopping List
Does anybody even see what I'm saying?! You're all overreacting to minor things!
Ikr, this is at best a minor annoyance at best since they are just one liners, now if the whole episode was dedicated to this (like that *coughs* one miss puff episode where she wanted SB dead) then I would understand, but really Squidy's one liner is outrage? imo gg

EditorWiki

Floating Shopping List
Yeah, Squid’s become a jerk recently.

Think about it, in ‘SpongeBob’s Big Birthday Blowout’, all of SpongeBob’s enemies come to the party, yet Squidward needed convincing
idk if this is serious or not, but if it's serious, If I had to live right next to my annoying neighbor for a estimated 247+ episodes, I would need some hard convincing also, It wasn't like Squid ruined the party.

coft

happy hopping moron
idk if this is serious or not, but if it's serious, If I had to live right next to my annoying neighbor for a estimated 247+ episodes, I would need some hard convincing also, It wasn't like Squid ruined the party.

Good point. I guess we just have different views on things.

Grass-Skirt-Chase

Call me Këlp0
I don’t see how you guys DON’T see the problem in this! Whatever, there’s no point in even trying to argue with anyone.

And, uh... how are we “overreacting”? We’re just voicing our disgust with a few lines said, and with Squidward’s character lately. Some people just like to think more deeply about subjects, is all. It’s a shame you guys are just commenting about what we’re saying, rather than actually contributing to the topic.

Sigh.

:sandy:

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
I don’t see how you guys DON’T see the problem in this! Whatever, there’s no point in even trying to argue with anyone.

And, uh... how are we “overreacting”? We’re just voicing our disgust with a few lines said, and with Squidward’s character lately. Some people just like to think more deeply about subjects, is all. It’s a shame you guys are just commenting about what we’re saying, rather than actually contributing to the topic.

Sigh.

:sandy:

Yet people were hype over One Coarse Meal. The only differnce is Eugene didn't directly wish death upon Sheldon

Last edited:

FrenzyMedia

Baby Clam
I don’t like this new Squidward. I really don’t. After all SpongeBob’s done for him... They’re changing Squidward’s jerky demeanor and twisting into that of a heartless person. Where’s the heart Squidward had back in Dying for Pie? Where’s the reminiscence of the “I’ve always sort of liked you” confession from Graveyard Shift? Even Are You Happy Now?, a widely hated episode, showed Squidward and SpongeBob crying and sharing a tender moment whilst hugging. This new Squidward isn’t believable honestly. It admittedly fits his character, but it takes thing too far, and while I may be chuckling at his moments of dark humor on the outside due to the sheer cartooniness of it, on the inside I’m shaking my head. This is not the Squidward I want to see. I want to see the Squidward that I can sympathize with, like in Lame and Fortune. I want the Squidward that actually appreciates a thumbs up gesture from SpongeBob like in Two Thumbs Down. Please bring back likable Squidward!

It's funny that you mention the Are You Happy Now episode, considering it contributes to this theory about Squidward wanting SpongeBob dead. Keep in mind that after all the time wasted trying to make his happiest memory, he finally goes berserk at the end of the episode when he is dragged to the Krusty Krab and is thrown a party where he is surrounded by models of SpongeBob. He mercilessly destroys all of them and shouts that he has finally found his happiest memory. Ironic, isn't it?

Grass-Skirt-Chase

Call me Këlp0
It's funny that you mention the Are You Happy Now episode, considering it contributes to this theory about Squidward wanting SpongeBob dead. Keep in mind that after all the time wasted trying to make his happiest memory, he finally goes berserk at the end of the episode when he is dragged to the Krusty Krab and is thrown a party where he is surrounded by models of SpongeBob. He mercilessly destroys all of them and shouts that he has finally found his happiest memory. Ironic, isn't it?
Okay, sure. You’re right. But what’s your point? Do you or do you not like this modern portrayal of Squidward? My point was that I miss the days when Squidward’s heart actually showed. And yeah, maybe Are You Happy Now? was a bad example, but the other episodes I mentioned were good ones, were they not?

Also, I get what you’re saying about him going crazy at the end of that episode, but Squidward’s always had a tendency to go crazy, and his anger is usually directed at SpongeBob anyway. But again, my point was that I wish there was balance between his anger and his deep down liking for SpongeBob.

Consider Fools in April. When Squidward finally apologized and got off his high horse, he said “In fact, I like you!” or something along those lines.

Last edited:

meko1432

Happiest Sponge Alive
I take issue to to a few lines that were said in a few episodes. In the episode "Gary's Got Legs", Mr. Krabs asks where the halibut is SpongeBob, Squidward exclaims "Maybe he got hit by a bus, or he got a terminal disease!!!!". There were a few jokes like this in Broken Alarm that had jokes implying that Squidward wanted SpongeBob to be dead, but they were too subtle, so I let them slide. Anyone else take issue to this, I do and I think it is extremely disrespectful.
rare footage of @Original Raw and Uncut actually talking about the show, and not the artstyle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back