Show News Squidward is getting his own spin-off. [NOT REAL]

Invincibubble

Krabby Patty Perfectionist
I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this one. On one hand, I'm sure the series will have a hardworking crew, but on the other hand, was this series really necessary? I mean, Squidward was designed to be a foil character to SpongeBob and with him having his own series, I'm not entirely sure how they could pull it off without giving SpongeBob some of the spotlight. I could be completely wrong when more is revealed, but for now it just seems like it could be the same series with a different name...

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
So done with this. I feel the same way about this as I do with Kamp Koral. Unnecessary cash bags that have crossed the line into disrespect. More rehash that takes away from newer shows that creators pour their hearts out into. In my opinion, SpongeBob should start to be moving on its way out, not making more properties. The only way this can be salvageable is if they make it different than how the show is now, and do it in another animation style to keep things interesting. I would love for it to be hand drawn, but watch it be CGI.

Sara SquarePants

Lover of Spongie
I feel these spin-offs are problematic but at least most of them will probably be confined to Netflix instead of cluttering up the main channel, which is good!

I will admit the idea of a Squidward spin-off does sound intriguing so who knows?

I just don't want Nick to become all spin-off crazy and neglect their other shows!

Sara SquarePants

Lover of Spongie
Yes

Tired of all the spin-offs when Nickelodeon should be focusing on NEW ideas & concepts to revitalize their network!

I also agree with "MY CHOCOLATE LEG!" that SpongeBob should be on its way out instead of getting unneccessary spin-offs and life extentions

(The Broadway musical may have been good but it's just more evidence of Nickelodeon vigorously milking SpongeBob SquarePants for EVERYTHING it's worth!)

They gotta know when to let go!

Last edited:

spongie33

Sad Squidward Expert
Staff
So Vincent Waller recently said on Twitter that there is no Squidward spin-off in development.

Back