Squids Visit vs A Pal For Gary

which is worse

• Total voters

cwn

Porous Freak
This was incredibly hard for me. I'll analyze it:
A Pal For Gary: I would call this the worst character abuse episode ever. Due to the dullness of Spongebob, he believes his snail is harming his new pet, in which the opposite is happening. Even when a the new pet turns in to a monster, Spongebob still blames Gary. Finally, Gary saves Spongebob and kick the monster out and, even then, Spongebob blames Gary. This episode is so abusive, never resolves the abuse conflict, and even changes what we know about Spongebob. Does he seriously trust his newest pet more than Gary? Ask SBRoxMan, this is horrible to watch.
Squid's Visit: Another episode where Spongebob performed at his worst. From the beginning to the end, he is completely oblivious to all of Squidward's action. At the beginning, he continuously cries and asks Squidward "Please!". After that, Spongebob, in one of the most stalkerish things I have ever seen, he copies Squidward's house completely and doesn't notice that Squidward is freaked out. After a long walk around his house copy, Squidward's house burns down, and a freaky mirage happens. Luckily, the ending was worthy, but Spongebob deserved worse. Still, everything (except the ending) was dreadful about this episode.
Although it's a close race, I think that A Pal For Gary is a bit worse due to the ending.

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
"A Pal for Gary" obviously. Because, unlike "Squid's Visit", the episode wasn't really resolved at the end. All we got was SpongeBob still scolding Gary, and deciding to take Gary everywhere, and that's it. "Squid's Visit" on the other hand, while still creepy, ended well for the character abuse target: Squidward. Thus, "A Pal for Gary" is worse.

SBRoxMan

SpongeBobRocksMan
A Pal For Gary: Okay, first, I do like SpongeBob at the start, he's worried about Gary being home alone. But it all goes wrong when he buys Fluffy. He trusts an "animal" he barely even knows instead of the snail he's had for years. I've seen this before, normally the owner finds out in the end that they were telling off the wrong person. So you'd think SpongeBob would realise that too. But he doesn't. How could he think Gary was the one that destroyed his house? Or that Gary was the one that was attacking Fluffy? And when Gary SAVES HIS LIFE, he says, "What do you have to say for yourself?" Maybe I'd have more to say if SpongeBob treated Gary nicer….

Squid's Visit: I actually have no problem with this episode. Sure, SpongeBob was annoying to Squidward, and he was creepy, but he wasn't bad or anything. My main bone to pick with this episode is the Squidward abuse, like the "cream scene" in SpongeBob's bathroom.

Big Meaty Claws

K I D S
A Pal for Gary. It was waaaay worse than Squid's Visit (Which was still bad). SpongeBob didn't even care about Gary at all in the episode and ignored the Puffy-Fluffy selling lady when she said they are dangerous around pets. In other ways, the episode had no humor whatsoever and was weird and very un-SpongeBob like.

Web Surfer

Banished
Squid's Visit. Both are far from good, but A Pal for Gary has a few more funny scenes than SV.

I chose A Pal For Gary. Spongebob was just a huge ungrateful idiot in that episode, had no respect and didn't care at all for Gary, and continually scolded him. I can't believe that SB even TRUSTED Puffy Fluffy more than his own pet snail. And even after Gary SAVED SPONGEBOB'S LIFE from Puffy Fluffy when he turned into a monster, guess what he does? He scolds him. That's right, even after Gary saves him, he continues to scold. What the heck? SpongeBob was just way out-of-character in this episode, and it's one of my least favorite episodes because of that.

Squid's Visit, I hated also, as SpongeBob was way too stalker-ish and it was just creepy how he made his house exactly like Squidward's and stole his vacuum cleaner just so he could get Squidward to come over. However, it was a LITTLE bit better than APFG.

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
A Pal For Gary is not only worse than Squid's Visit (!ant creepy? LOOK AT REN AND STIMPY!), it's also the WORST EPISODE OF THE SERIES!! God, this episode makes me so mad...
seethingplz.gif

GordoktheMad said:
A Pal For Gary is not only worse than Squid's Visit (!ant creepy? LOOK AT REN AND STIMPY!), it's also the WORST EPISODE OF THE SERIES!! God, this episode makes me so mad...
seethingplz.gif
what the bump lol xD

But yeah, ew A Pal for Gary along with spongeykid makes me want to barf :cry:

Squid's Visit (Worst of Season 6)
A Pal for Gary (Worst Season 7 episode. and worst episode ever.)
winner: Squid's Visit

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
StormAllenBryat said:
Squid's Visit (Worst of Season 6)
A Pal for Gary (Worst Season 7 episode. and worst episode ever.)
winner: Squid's Visit
Wait, I thought Squid's Visit got 4 votes and APFG got 16 votes. Doesn't that mean that APFG wins the poll?

Take A Step, Inside Your Mind! I'm Stalking you.
GordoktheMad said:
seethingplz.gif
Did you have to bump this topic I made in April? Oh and I still stand for SV

CalvinFan64 said:
I actually liked SV ( DON'T SHOOT!) so i'm DEFENETLY say that A pal for Gary is worse.
*shoots*

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
GordoktheMad said:
Oh, sorry. I just wanted to say my opinions, since I found this topic while surfing the web. Sorry!
animesweat.gif
Always look at the date of the last post (except for "pinned" topics, those are okay). XD

Well, since I'm here anyway, I'll answer the poll.

A Pal For Gary is easily the worst episode in the series. It goes beyond mean-spirited, it's cruel! Gary is treated horribly, and SpongeBob is far too braindead in this episode. I can't even get mad at him, really, I'm mad for him, because it feels like an insult to his character for him to portrayed this way. I know post-movie episodes in general have a tendency to portray SpongeBob as stupid (which I hate, because I personally never thought of him that way), but this was definitely going too far. Plus, even though Squidward is my favorite character, I hate Gary Abuse more than any other type of character abuse. That poor, innocent little snail! :(

Squid's Visit is creepy, and I don't like how SpongeBob was portrayed in this episode either (why must he be so stalker-like?), but I don't mind the episode as a whole. It had at least a few things that were funny and the creepy tone of it was actually kind of enjoyable for me. Plus, I've never really thought of this episode as Squid Abuse. =/ Maybe there's something I'm forgetting, but nothing about this episode struck me as mean-spirited per se, but then again it's a little hard to explain what qualifies as mean-spirited and what doesn't. The point is, I don't mind this episode.

Cupofjoe

Flying Dutchman's Sock
I would definitely say "A Pal for Gary". The whole episode seemed to not make sense for me. Another thing that I didn't like about the episode was when that Puffy Fluffy showed his teeth, it was very revolting.

I hate both of these episodes but to be honest, I hate Squid's Visit a little more. I didn't hate it because It was creppy. I hated it because of SpongeBob. He wantes Squidward to visit him, so he steals Squid's vacuum cleaner. WHAT? SpongeBob was way out of character in this episode. Also why Squidward didn't call the cops instead of visitng him? I hated that Squidward's house was on fire. At least SpongeBob gets what he deserved at the end. Squidward stays at SpongeBob's house and SpongeBob stays at the outside but why Gary stays at the outside? He didn't deserve this. I really felt bad for Squidward and Gary (at the end) of this episode. The only good part was Squidward eating dinner with his vacuum cleaner. That part was funny. SpongeBob was unlikeable in A Pal for Gary too but to be honest, there were more good scenes in that episode than in Squid's Visit.

Back