• Deadline to submit your entry for the SBM yearbook is May 31!

Spongebuddy mania youtube channel

CannedBread

Unrecognized Talent
This site is losing a lot of tracktion, and I know that their are a lot of people on youtube who adore spongebob. I also know that their is a youtube channel for this website, therebeit an inactive one. I think that making te channel active again and advertising and growing it will help improve the image of this website and draw more people here. Same goes for social media such as instagram and twitter. your thoughts?

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
I've been trying to get the twitter page to work again. It doesn't currently get the news stories to extract to twitter when they are made.

As far as Youtube, what content are you looking for on there?

CannedBread

Unrecognized Talent
I've been trying to get the twitter page to work again. It doesn't currently get the news stories to extract to twitter when they are made.

As far as Youtube, what content are you looking for on there?
Maybe more sponge reviews? Like sort of pieguy esc videos? or maybe even like discussion of the characters, and argument segments.

spongedude

The Librarian
Staff
I'm all for something that will be enjoyable and fun for the members or the staff.

I can say from experience, however, that any sort of multimedia production, be it video or audio, is a lot of work if it's done right (and regularly). I would also add (and I think, given our age, that the rest of the staff are generally of the same mind) that while we're more than happy to welcome new visitors to the site, we don't need to engage in any sort of popularity contest on social media or the internet-at-large.

The reason SBM has stayed around this long isn't because we tried to be the biggest SpongeBob fan-site, but because the staff has been committed to the upkeep of the site proper (and the forums), no matter the size of our audience. I'm personally not concerned by the ebb and flow of visitors.

In other words, nothing's off the table, but we are busy adults and we want to do things for the right reasons. šŸ˜‰