Spongebob's voice in season 4?

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
Even though it's really high, I'm OK with SpongeBob's voice in this season. I actually prefer it to recent seasons. It's hard to describe, but even though it was higher his accent/pronunciation/whatever still sounded more natural than later years.

BongeSpob

Floating Shopping List
Yeah, I noticed that change, it started (I think) in the first movie, but in SooW I noticed it went slightly deeper again. In fact I really don't know, meh.

BabySmitty

Porous Freak
The annoyingly high voice started in the first movie, which is generally regarded as being very good.

But no one cared because people were more concerned with how funny/touching/awesome the first movie was. With a ton of really bad episodes and lots of character desecration, Spongebob's annoyingly high voice in season 4 just comes across as another symptom of the show losing its luster.

ScumBob

sicko m0de
DadMom AngryPants said:
Even though it's really high, I'm OK with SpongeBob's voice in this season. I actually prefer it to recent seasons. It's hard to describe, but even though it was higher his accent/pronunciation/whatever still sounded more natural than later years.
For some reason, SpongeBob starting putting emphasis on letters in words in a few of the newer seasons

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
Ever think about the possibility that maybe something changed with regards with the recording equipment or headphones they were using? I think it could have been a combination of technical issues, different voice direction with Paul Tibbitt himself doing it for a while, and Tom trying to do different things with the voice.

MissTree

Moby Dollar
i didnt care about the voice until season 5-6, then it was just too exagerated.

catyams

Imitation Krab
i think i'm the only one that noticed but spongebob sounds way different in big pink loser.

Supmandude

Squog
The only time I ever really noticed SpongeBob's voice being different was the movie game for PC. In that game, they reused a few lines from Employee of the Month, but most of them were original and when you did here an Employee of the Month line it sounded off in comparison.

Back