Spongebob's high-pitched scream

JerryTheSnail

Giant Clam
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcSXr1uTsGg
Whatever happened to it? It was such an iconic aspect of the show and the character. I think the last time we heard it was in season 5, though I could be wrong. And yes it makes sense that Tom Kenny might have a hard time doing it now that he's older but they've used recordings of it from older episodes in episodes like Night Light and Blackened Sponge, why not do the same thing now? It just feels like somethings missing now that and I never hear people talk about it.

Thoughts?

JerryTheSnail

Giant Clam
BabySmitty said:
Now that you mention it, I miss it, too. There are a lot of things from older seasons I miss, like "nice Krabs" from season 1, Spongebob's lower voice, Spongebob and Sandy's karate rivalry, etc.
Exactly! I mean it's not like they can't do it anymore. I think the people working on the show including Tom Kenny himself might have just forgotten about it. It's been so long!

BabySmitty

Porous Freak
JerryTheSnail said:
Exactly! I mean it's not like they can't do it anymore. I think the people working on the show including Tom Kenny himself might have just forgotten about it. It's been so long!
Also, the last time he said his supposed catchphrase was in a horrible episode that people would rather NOT remember.

JerryTheSnail

Giant Clam
BabySmitty said:
Also, the last time he said his supposed catchphrase was in a horrible episode that people would rather NOT remember.
He used to say it so casually like in Squeaky Boots, Squidville, I'm Your Biggest Fanatic, and The Snowball Effect, and then in SBYF they tried to make it seem like such a big deal.

BabySmitty

Porous Freak
JerryTheSnail said:
He used to say it so casually like in Squeaky Boots, Squidville, I'm Your Biggest Fanatic, and The Snowball Effect, and then in SBYF they tried to make it seem like such a big deal.
I also miss Spongebob's earlier design when his eyes were bigger.

JerryTheSnail

Giant Clam
BabySmitty said:
I also miss Spongebob's earlier design when his eyes were bigger.
They kind of seem to be bringing that look back a little bit (depending on the artist working on the episode)

JerryTheSnail

Giant Clam
BabySmitty said:
So, Jerry, what are your overall feelings on post-second-movie Spongebob?
I'm loving it, it is such an improvement over the first half of s9. Sure there are some duds, but the duds aren't even truly bad in my opinion, just kinda weak. But good humor, animation and writing for the most part. Definitely looking forward! I also love that Vincent Waller is open to criticism and talking with fans on Twitter!

BabySmitty

Porous Freak
JerryTheSnail said:
I'm loving it, it is such an improvement over the first half of s9. Sure there are some duds, but the duds aren't even truly bad in my opinion, just kinda weak. But good humor, animation and writing for the most part. Definitely looking forward! I also love that Vincent Waller is open to criticism and talking with fans on Twitter!
I was so dissappointed after the second movie and the first 2 second-post-movie episodes, that I was ready to stop watching altogether. Then I decided to watch Patrick: The Game! after hearing really glowing things about it. I have never been so pleasantly surprised. I marathoned all the post-second-movie episodes and overall I enjoyed them a lot. The only ones I didn't like were LiBB, Tuthr Sauce, and Squid Plus One. And the ones that were good were really goos.

JerryTheSnail

Giant Clam
BabySmitty said:
I was so dissappointed after the second movie and the first 2 second-post-movie episodes, that I was ready to stop watching altogether. Then I decided to watch Patrick: The Game! after hearing really glowing things about it. I have never been so pleasantly surprised. I marathoned all the post-second-movie episodes and overall I enjoyed them a lot. The only ones I didn't like were LiBB, Tuthr Sauce, and Squid Plus One. And the ones that were good were really goos.
I definitely agree that those three are the weakest of the bunch. But really those were 3 of the first 4 episodes, so I think it shows that the new writers have warmed up to Spongebob pretty quickly.

BabySmitty

Porous Freak
For some reason I found his horrified shriek in "Krab Borg" here to be hilarious. I don't know if it's the timing, or what, but it's hilarious

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=WS6QDudZm2Y3ONk%2FmjB1mHG9Vgp69Kv%2B%2BqGIPwtI7Vc%3D

JerryTheSnail said:
I love his girly scream. It's just another silly quirk that makes him even more charming and adorable.

Reactions: Reg

2000sKid

Giant Clam
what "supposed catchphrase"? Word #12?

Also, his high pitched scream was great. Idk what they use now but I highly doubt it beats that

Back