SpongeBob's fate at the end of Hooky?!

Hooky

Baby Clam
Hooky is the 20th episode of Spongebob, and is a really fun episode for the first ten minutes, until Spongebob learns his lesson the hard way, being forced to take off all of his clothes (even underwear) in front of the girls.

Here are my questions:
1. Are you a boy or girl?
2. Do you think they went too far?
3. Did you think the ending was funny?
4. Do you think the spongebob creators could've done the same thing to a female character, say Pearl, and have her stuck on a hook in front of spongebob, patrick, and Mr krabs?
5. Would you have reacted the same way if this happened to a girl character?

SpongeBobfan1987

"I'm so spice!"
The end of that episode was funny! I believe SpongeBob was so embarrassed at the end of the episode, that he ran home crying with his arms covering his crotch after Squidward and Mr. Krabs caught SpongeBob's underpants with the hook on a bamboo fishing rod and yanked them off his body in front of Pearl and her friends, SpongeBob was was clinging to the Krusty Krab sign for dear life when his briefs were hooked, and when Squidward reeled his pants in even more, SpongeBob snapped like a rubber band and all of a sudden his face plastered the double doors of the restaurant for the girls to see and laugh at...

My theory was that this was in retaliation for SpongeBob (and Patrick) going to the hooks (the "carnival") when Mr. Krabs told him (and his friend) not to.

Bianca

Dreamlover
Girl

No, I think it was fine.

I mean........... no. But! It's a great lesson to teach.

4. Do you think the spongebob creators could've done the same thing to a female character, say Pearl, and have her stuck on a hook in front of spongebob, patrick, and Mr krabs?
I don't think gender really has anything to do with it. The other characters wouldn't have played with the hooks like SpongeBob and Patrick did as they all know better. I think the message that the episode is trying to bring isn't that SpongeBob's ripped undies is funny, rather he needed to be shown the dangers of taking chances with his life and that was sort-of his punishment. Mr. Krabs intentionally had those girls there just to embarrass him as he knew that Squidward would rip SpongeBob's undies off.

Just to play devil's advocate, however, let's pretend that the creators wrote Pearl into the scene. I think Mr. Krabs' punishment to Pearl for hanging around with the hooks wouldn't have been to rip Pearl's clothes off, his own daughter, in front of the entire Krusty Krab. I think it would've been something different like shame her in front of her friends, which she cares about more than anything in the world.

If anything, I think the scene was written very well for SpongeBob and it wouldn't work with any other character in general, not just gender.

I don't think the SpongeBob creators would've written this scene for a girl. The show would lose its PG rating if it did... šŸ˜…

Hooky

Baby Clam
The end of that episode was funny! I believe SpongeBob was so embarrassed at the end of the episode, that he ran home crying with his arms covering his crotch after Squidward and Mr. Krabs caught SpongeBob's underpants with the hook on a bamboo fishing rod and yanked them off his body in front of Pearl and her friends, SpongeBob was was clinging to the Krusty Krab sign for dear life when his briefs were hooked, and when Squidward reeled his pants in even more, SpongeBob snapped like a rubber band and all of a sudden his face plastered the double doors of the restaurant for the girls to see and laugh at...

My theory was that this was in retaliation for SpongeBob (and Patrick) going to the hooks (the "carnival") when Mr. Krabs told him (and his friend) not to.
You only answered one of my five questions lol

Yoh Manta

Moby Dollar
I'm a boy, did not think it went too far, found it kind of funny, do not think it could've happened to a girl character, and I admittedly would've reacted a little differently. I believe a girl character would've needed a more...age-appropriate punishment that wouldn't send any mixed messages, but Spongebob still deserved to be punished. The hooks were a parallel to drugs, and you need tough love to keep you away from something fun that can hurt you.

masterfulo46

Imitation Krab
It works for a show like Spongebob. In other words, a number of characters have been shown naked before and barely anyone has complained about it so who cares really

Rex

Floating Shopping List
I think it is actually very good, He wouldn't listen so Krabs had to get something that would and it taught him a lesson that he shall not soon forget. I'm a guy and I don't really mind, I won't lie I find it funny. I suppose since Feral Friends showed a female naked I think they could of wrote around it and maybe showed an all female cast too show a lady naked in front off. But I also think if they had done it with a female character it would probably be the same, I don't think it would be that big of a deal but this is coming from a guy so what do I know šŸ˜•

Last edited:

SpongeBobfan1987

"I'm so spice!"
You only answered one of my five questions lol
I'm a boy, obviously.

I think SpongeBob deserved being punished by his boss.

They did no got too far.

As I said before, the ending was funny.

This would never work for female characters.

I don't know if I would react the same way with a female character's involvement in the plot.
It worked for The Powerpuff Girls when the nanobots ate their clothes in the rainstorm and they returned home drenched and naked.
I don't think it would work the same way on SpongeBob SquarePants, due to it being a different show with a different premise.

Last edited:

Sara SquarePants

Lover of Spongie
Hooky is the 20th episode of Spongebob, and is a really fun episode for the first ten minutes, until Spongebob learns his lesson the hard way, being forced to take off all of his clothes (even underwear) in front of the girls.

Here are my questions:

Girl

No because they were just showing the consequences of SpongeBob disobeying Mr. Krabs by playing with the hooks

Yeah since SpongeBob got his comeuppance

Sure as long as they didn't show anything inappropriate

Yes

Although, if it was Sandy or Mrs. Puff then I don't think it would work

Last edited:
Back