Spongebob's characters IQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

iedasb

Crazy Artist
Just found this in dA:
iq_of_characters_by_anima055-d8myz28.jpg

I just think Sandy is a little more intelligent than Plankton, as his desire for the secret formula makes him do desperate things.

And Patrick... XD

RedSoxFan274

Baseball. Hockey. SBM vet. I drop in unexpectedly.
Plankton has showcased his downright stupidity many a time. Just because he's a (self-professed, mind you) "evil genius" doesn't mean he should be higher than Sandy.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
I'd put Sandy and Plankton around the same at above average. Plankton isn't completely all talk ... he did go to college (unless that's something he lies about, which I wouldn't discount).

Squidward - slightly above average, but nowhere near as high as he thinks.

Mr. Krabs - completely average.

SpongeBob - a little below average but not a complete moron.

Patrick - a complete moron.

Also interesting to note: Patrick and SpongeBob both occasionally display savant-like skills.

BabySmitty

Porous Freak
DadMom AngryPants said:
I'd put Sandy and Plankton around the same at above average. Plankton isn't completely all talk ... he did go to college (unless that's something he lies about, which I wouldn't discount).

Squidward - slightly above average, but nowhere near as high as he thinks.

Mr. Krabs - completely average.

SpongeBob - a little below average but not a complete moron.

Patrick - a complete moron.

Also interesting to note: Patrick and SpongeBob both occasionally display savant-like skills.

Spongebob is a doofus but he's a borderline genius. Albeit possibly of the "savant" variety, but in terms of everything BUT common sense, he's probably smarter than Squidward.

He's extremely artistic, absurdly musical, excellent at math, and displays near-photographic memory at times.

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=cITwIoakkN%2BGNmttb8Kc2wo%2Fw5jnrfdUyKiHFMrzwRc%3D

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=tpmUd4eN8fEJ6%2BQL%2B75CKQzIGpb1JoiRz7F2Y8Rp1Po%3D

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=B%2Fe6ao70ijfFpvdt6Bj3UmH3LCR0O%2BoWRtP%2B32W0WfY%3D

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=0cY4oJbGapeHQ2j7%2BhXKkXZ6%2FnTA3fcueGnCzYfuYus%3D

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=FCLySVQXXFVX%2F%2BpMwDjw7y9FQOm%2FXCCcvBkWFdwTq9g%3D

Even in the dumbed-down post-movie episodes, he was still smart enough to dismantle a car and end up building a functional rocket ship.

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=FNnfLvYPsQuomcVKHZ18Ew57Y5QCTXYNCfLQuIzHnPk%3D

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=uhAYdGU7gpd4h6E%2FdY%2F3Ztgm64JWhDuvrRPKG7dmOn8%3D

ScumBob

sicko m0de
Sandy - Superior
Plankton - High Average
Squidward - Average
Mr Krabs - Average
SpongeBob - Low Average

Patrick - Extremely Low

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Patrick's IQ: 30

Spongebob's IQ: 85

Mr.Krabs' IQ: 100

Squidward's IQ: 115

Sandy's IQ: 250

Plankton's IQ: 315

BabySmitty

Porous Freak
Here's mine. I'm a hipster so I usually give unexpected answers.

Plankton- Evil genius. He lacks common sense but he obviously has technical smarts, inventing things ranging from the wonderfully impractical to the incredibly surreal. He invented a machine allowing him to switch lives with another person. He invented a time machine, he can perform brain surgery...etc

Sandy- Genius. I put her just after Plankton. She's very intelligent, but not to the level of Plankton.

Spongebob- Autistic savant and doofus extraordinare. He's either tied with Sandy or off-the-charts levels of brilliant. He has little common sense or people skills, but he's basically a savant. He isn't a person whose intelligence and drive is not to be underestimated.

Squidward - Above average but not a genius. His intellect is often canceled out by his laziness and lack of passion.

Mr. Krabs - Slightly above average. He's obviously a shrewd and sly businessman, and you HAVE to have some level of intellect to be a businessman, but he's also kind of insane.

Patrick- Insane idiot. His only real skill is playing the drums. He isn't really capable of doing anything else. He forgets how to eat. He called Spongebob a "cube." (Spongebob is obviously a rectangular prism!) just kidding... but he is an idiot.

SpongeyKid

mynameisspongeykid
I feel bad that they labeled SpongeBob "Mentally Defective"

Come on, he's not that dumb :P (But Patrick's is definitely on point)

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
100-Percent-Bunny said:
I feel bad that they labeled SpongeBob "Mentally Defective"

Come on, he's not that dumb :P (But Patrick's is definitely on point)

BabySmitty said:
Spongebob is smart and dumb in certain areas. He's terrible at reading people and he lacks common sense.
I'd be tempted to agree with "mentally defective" if they were talking overall, but for his intelligence alone it's way too harsh a description.

The Real Nostalgia Critic

toby j rathjen is a monkey
BabySmitty said:
Spongebob is smart and dumb in certain areas. He's terrible at reading people and he lacks common sense.
I'd say SpongeBob is neutral when it comes to IQ. I mean, he may have his dumb moments, but he's still pretty smart in some pre and post movie episodes. And he's not "mentally defective" here, he's just usually gullible whenever he has adventures with Patrick.

BabySmitty

Porous Freak
Old Man Leeroy Jenkins said:
I'd say SpongeBob is neutral when it comes to IQ. I mean, he may have his dumb moments, but he's still pretty smart in some pre and post movie episodes. And he's not "mentally defective" here, he's just usually gullible whenever he has adventures with Patrick.
Spongebob's an immature doofus but he's not mentally defective. That's just harsh.

Again, the guy is basically an autistic savant or something. In a POST-MOVIE episode he was able to dismantle a car and build a functioning rocket ship. If that isn't genius I don't know what is.

DadMom AngryPants said:
I'd be tempted to agree with "mentally defective" if they were talking overall, but for his intelligence alone it's way too harsh a description.
And Spongebob is basically a genius. His intellect is often overshadowed by his goofiness, but underneath all that silliness is a Renaissance man. Dude did win an "outstanding achievement in achievement" trophy after all.

SpongeyKid

mynameisspongeykid
DadMom AngryPants said:

BabySmitty said:
Spongebob's an immature doofus but he's not mentally defective. That's just harsh.

Again, the guy is basically an autistic savant or something. In a POST-MOVIE episode he was able to dismantle a car and build a functioning rocket ship. If that isn't genius I don't know what is.

And Spongebob is basically a genius. His intellect is often overshadowed by his goofiness, but underneath all that silliness is a Renaissance man. Dude did win an "outstanding achievement in achievement" trophy after all.
Mentally Defective is definitely way too harsh of a description. And like BabySmitty said, he was technically able to build a rocket ship, which is pretty impressive. (Although this is the case, obviously it was used for humor, but still) I also think Patrick makes him dumb every second they talk :P

BabySmitty

Porous Freak
100-Percent-Bunny said:
Mentally Defective is definitely way too harsh of a description. And like BabySmitty said, he was technically able to build a rocket ship, which is pretty impressive. (Although this is the case, obviously it was used for humor, but still) I also think Patrick makes him dumb every second they talk :P
Spongebob has unconventional wisdom, and lacks common wisdom. He's smart enough to instantly know how to sculpt a Renaissance masterpiece sculpture, but doesn't understand the concept of "personal space" and fails to understand sarcasm.

Take A Step, Inside Your Mind! I'm Stalking you.
RedSoxFan274 said:
Plankton has showcased his downright stupidity many a time. Just because he's a (self-professed, mind you) "evil genius" doesn't mean he should be higher than Sandy.
He's the guy who can pretty much start a nuclear war if he wants to. :p
Honestly Squidward and SpongeBob should be higher, Patrick is fine because he's unknown, and Sandy has shown stupidity at some points like thinking SpongeBob was joking in Karate Choppers. :dunno:

Cha

I love SBM
Every idiot has his smart day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back