Spongebob's Age Confirmed

Davin

Part Computer or Something
In the Kamp Koral spin-off, Spongebob is confirmed to be 10 years old, right?
Well, I've been thinking...

Pearl is one of the only characters in the main series to have a confirmed, specified age, which is 16. However, she's a baby/young toddler in Kamp Koral.
See what I'm getting at here?

If we can take this as evidence that Kamp Koral takes place about 15 years before the events of the main series, we can do some simple math to determine that Spongebob is about 25 years old in the main series, making Spongebob a confirmed young adult!

So, what do you think? Is this plausible evidence, or should it just be dismissed? Personally I think I'm gonna consider Spongebob being 25 as canon now.

MPack

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Uhh, I guess, but maybe SpongeBob either turned 25 in Big Birthday Blowout, or turned 26 on the same episode. It was never actually revealed on not only that episode, but the show as a whole.

MattTheSpongeFanatic

Goodbye Krabby Patty's #1 Fan
Staff
SpongeBob being 25 makes a lot of sense. If like in his driver's license he was born in 1984, he would've been 15 when Help Wanted premiered.

(Also why is this thread in Krabby Land? Shouldn't this be in Bikini Bottom :sbjazz:)

DankeyBoi

Baby Clam
In the Kamp Koral spin-off, Spongebob is confirmed to be 10 years old, right?
Well, I've been thinking...

Pearl is one of the only characters in the main series to have a confirmed, specified age, which is 16. However, she's a baby/young toddler in Kamp Koral.
See what I'm getting at here?

If we can take this as evidence that Kamp Koral takes place about 15 years before the events of the main series, we can do some simple math to determine that Spongebob is about 25 years old in the main series, making Spongebob a confirmed young adult!

So, what do you think? Is this plausible evidence, or should it just be dismissed? Personally I think I'm gonna consider Spongebob being 25 as canon now.
WOW.

Davin

I'm pretty sure the entirety of the show takes place within the span of at most a couple of years, despite airing for over 20.

Davin

Also, it's not made clear what year exactly the show takes place, so there's that to consider as well.

Davin

Another mini theory here. According to sleepy time, spongebob was born in 1986. If I'm right and spongebob is 25, then that would mean the show takes place in... 2011?

Squidward1999

Balloon Traveler
122 Conch Street, Bikini Bottom (or the USA)
Here's how old he could be...

Remember in SB-129 when Squidward travels 2000 years into the future and in the chrome future there's a calendar that says March 4th 4017, this means that SB-129 took place on March 4th 2017 (at least for the time Squidward was in present) and seeing how Spongebob was born in 1986, it could be assumed that Spongebob is 30 to 31 years old (at the time).

I don't know if this information helps you but it was the best I could come up with...

Davin

Squidward1999 but did he travel exactly 2000 years into the future? I mean, it did say that in the "2000 years later" card, but it could still technically just be rounding it off, right? Like, when we reference the extinction of the dinosaurs, it happened about 66 million years ago, but we usually say things along the lines of "Dinosaurs walked the earth 65 million years ago" for the sake of a nice, round multiple-of-5 number. It does, after all, seem pretty convenient that squidward would escape the freezer EXACTLY 2000 years later right?

But still, this is one of the strongest pieces of evidence for the year spongebob takes place in, even though it seems like some pieces of evidence contradict each other. I'll just stick with 2011 as the year for now, making spongebob about 25.

Davin

Aw, if only we could see a calendar like that in the present, that would end all of this. Alas, we're left wondering how pieces of different puzzle sets fit together, trying to connect things that the spongebob staff didn't even intend. Such is the way of episodic tv shows.

Davin

I, er... haven't heard of those. Is it real?

Sara SquarePants

Lover of Spongie
It's hard to determine exactly how old he is without having any real evidence to back it up but based on the fact that SpongeBob works at a job making minimum-wage and the fact that he lives on his own means he has to be a young adult!

Unless Bikini Bottom defies real-world logic and in reality SpongeBob SquarePants is actually a teenager...

Back