"SpongeBob, You're Fired" Banned from Nick?

Flabby Patty

Flabby Patty > Krusty Krab
I've apparently heard that some time ago, after the airing of the episode, complaints were filed to Nickelodeon, which promptly banned the episode from broadcast on their channel. It, however is set to air on MTV this summer I think? I wonder if these are both true.

I'm pretty sure this could be due to subject matter that is in the hands of older audiences (more or less Nick), even with the news controversy leading up to the initial airing in 2013. You can further elaborate on all of this below.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
If so that's really stupid.

Also I find strange out of everything in that episode, that line is what people have a problem with.

Though I should stress I don't believe this one bit.

ChikoritaCheezits

Baby Clam
I have heard of the controversy that episode caused. Something about it promoting unemployment or something. Well I don't think the episode itself was that good, I do think that it's a little overboard to ban it altogether.

Also MTV? That makes no sense.

Krystalite

Professional Tsundere
It's probably just another lame rumor. There is no way that they could ban a highly-anticipated episode.

BobCarotte

meep
mjQJluI.jpg

PinkPearl

insert title here
I saw it on last weekend. Anyway, you can't really count on cartoon episodes to get "banned" because people don't like them. Probably just a rumor.

Was there really controversy over it promoting unemployment? People complain about everything lately.

I saw the episode in January and earlier in September. So, no, it's a lie. Also the SpongeBob. You're Fired DVD is still selling and is not out of print, so wouldn't they stop selling copies of that too if it was banned? I highly doubt this is true. And if it is, well, nick sucks for that.

Illiniguy34

That Reviewing Guy
I mean it's an awful episode, but not something that I'd consider to be worthy of banning.

todd phillips

Krabby Patty Burglar
I've apparently heard that some time ago, after the airing of the episode, complaints were filed to Nickelodeon, which promptly banned the episode from broadcast on their channel. It, however is set to air on MTV this summer I think? I wonder if these are both true.

I'm pretty sure this could be due to subject matter that is in the hands of older audiences (more or less Nick), even with the news controversy leading up to the initial airing in 2013. You can further elaborate on all of this below.

that is just dumb

SBRoxMan

SpongeBobRocksMan
It'd be stupid to ban it for a reason like that

I also find the controversy over the episode to be silly too, it's clearly not actually promoting unemployment, but FOX News also felt "The Endless Summer" was controversial too, over 5 years after that short had aired, so I don't take them too seriously....

SpongeSquareBobPants

Imitation Krab
People are so sensitive these days. What's next? Chocolate with Nuts is banned for encouraging people to buy and sell unhealthy snacks? Obviously Chocolate with Nuts is a far better episode, but still.

Pinhead Larry

The Fountain of Squidward
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern I
It did promote unemployment, which I normally wouldn't be in favour of, but that's no reason to ban it at all. Likewise The Endless Summer was shouted down by those who believe climate change is not happening, but I support its message. I'm still not having double standards.

Back