SpongeBob was a bit rude too Larry in the Ripped Pants song

meko1432

Happiest Sponge Alive
"When big Larry came round just to put him down, Spongebob turned into a clown."

Did I miss something? How did Larry put him down? All Larry did was ask if spongebob and sandy wanted to go lift with him. It's not like he ignored or was condescending to spongebob. He politely greets the two of them and that's it.

Granit, he does laugh when Spongebob first rips his pants, but so does Sandy and the rest of the beach. Larry and the rest are laughing with Spongebob, not at him-hence, the reason he starts the running joke of ripping his pants.

IMO it was a bit out of pocket for SpongeBob to essentially perform a live Larry diss track in front of the whole beach.

Larry did nothing wrong

Squidwardiard

Frozen Cephalopod
Good point. Most of us never thought of that!

I guess SB was jealous. At least he got Sandy in the end! (As a friend I guess)

But yeah I agree. He didn't really do anything wrong here. But oddly enough, he does bully SB in the episode "A Life in a Day." But that has nothing to do with this...

Bigsmoker

Frozen Cephalopod
LOL it is really weird. Maybe it is just for the lyrics of the song and the writers didn't really think of that, but I don't really know. Another option can be that it is larry because he is a supporting character compared to the rest in the beach(except to Sandy that became Spongebob's friend again)

Sara SquarePants

Lover of Spongie
Hmm...interesting...

I always thought the song was about a love triangle between SpongeBob SquarePants, Larry the Lobster and Sandy Cheeks

SpongeBob and Larry both have feelings for Sandy and the song Ripped Pants was about Spongie trying to win over Sandy and get her love

In the episode, SpongeBob was treated as a third-wheel

Back