SpongeBob SquarePants: The Scenes Behind the Memes! 😂

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
Nickelodeon’s general social media personality is pretty weird, but in a pretty bad way. This video in particular peeves me, because:
A) They’re uploading an episode to YouTube, which even if you don’t like the brand anymore, does affect how kids will want to watch Wet Painters (legally).
B) It’s the episode in about 5 minutes, meaning roughly 60% of it is cut. You get the jest of what’s going on, but pacing and nuance is thrown out the window to make it seem faster and more compact. The episode was already perfect the way it was.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI4T5EcJ1U4
Honestly, making them even more compact, like 20 seconds, would’ve been much funnier, and at least be derivative (I mean, a parody) of the old 5 Second Movies.

EmployeeAMillion said:
Nickelodeon’s general social media personality is pretty weird, but in a pretty bad way. This video in particular peeves me, because:
A) They’re uploading an episode to YouTube, which even if you don’t like the brand anymore, does affect how kids will want to watch Wet Painters (legally).
B) It’s the episode in about 5 minutes, meaning roughly 60% of it is cut. You get the jest of what’s going on, but pacing and nuance is thrown out the window to make it seem faster and more compact. The episode was already perfect the way it was.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI4T5EcJ1U4
Honestly, making them even more compact, like 20 seconds, would’ve been much funnier, and at least be derivative (I mean, a parody) of the old 5 Second Movies.
I also find these episodes in 5 minutes strange. What is the point of it? Like you said, if it were shorter, at least under a minute and 30 seconds, it would be funnier; and also they should rename them from "in 5 minutes" to "in a nutshell". It's not as good, but the "in 5 minutes" just is so odd. What's the point of uploading an episode cut in half and more compact? :planet: Nick is getting extremely lazy with the videos they upload and this is solid evidence.

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
IAmAGoofyGoober2004 said:
I also find these episodes in 5 minutes strange. What is the point of it? Like you said, if it were shorter, at least under a minute and 30 seconds, it would be funnier; and also they should rename them from "in 5 minutes" to "in a nutshell". It's not as good, but the "in 5 minutes" just is so odd. What's the point of uploading an episode cut in half and more compact? :planet: Nick is getting extremely lazy with the videos they upload and this is solid evidence.
I don't know maybe kids could easily understand "in 5 minutes" than "In a nutshell". Also they upload the cut videos so they don't literally upload episodes for free on YouTube, that would pretty much destroy any chance of them making a profit off television. Even if they wanted to, I don't think Viacom would even come close to letting them do that.

eliugra

On-and-Off SBManiac
Sorry to unearth an old thread, but am curious to find out what more folks think of these "in 5 minutes" YouTubes. At least they are some of the "classics"? But in Wet Painters I felt they cut some of the funniest quotes. And I agree that five minutes and not, say, 30 seconds seems to be a strange choice!

I never knew the Chum Bucket first appeared in Evil Spatula.

To be serious, I could feel a storm brewing with the extra attention Nick’s been giving to memes. It strikes me as odd they’d straight up show said memes in a video, as opposed to finding a way to try for ninja games and get their audience for room to watch the network more for these scenes.
I think Nick just trolling us...

Back