SpongeBob SquarePants Rehydrated Confirms 23rd June Release Date

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
I wish I had something to play this on, it looks so good. Macs may be good for a lot of things but they surely aren't the best for gaming.
:sad:

NintendoRulz29

Imitation Krab
I am excited but a bit cautiously optimistic for it. I like the idea of remaking the game but I feel some of the model quality in this is less than ideal. It's like the original game is great looking for the ps2/Gamecube gen but the new one kind of looks bad for being on current gen in terms of PS4 and Xbox. This does look like something that would be released for the Switch though.

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
This has been out for 24 hours and it already has a download. THAT TAKES 30 MINUTES

MR KRABS VOICE IS DIFFERENT!!!

Last edited:

TattleTale Strangler

Normality Impaired
This has been out for 24 hours and it already has a download. THAT TAKES 30 MINUTES

MR KRABS VOICE IS DIFFERENT!!!

Mr. Krabs' voice was different in the original.

I bought this game for the Switch and it was really fun until I got to Goo Lagoon... then the game crashed. Now I can't even load my game save. I'm hoping this gets patched soon. Many people online are talking about the bugs and glitches this game has.

I really enjoyed the SpongeBob memes they added to this game! :O

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
for some reason the framerate on the switch version is really bad for me. i haven't heard anything about this documented so maybe its just my switch, but it was really strange

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
Mr. Krabs' voice was different in the original.

I bought this game for the Switch and it was really fun until I got to Goo Lagoon... then the game crashed. Now I can't even load my game save. I'm hoping this gets patched soon. Many people online are talking about the bugs and glitches this game has.

I really enjoyed the SpongeBob memes they added to this game! :O
I've never played the original. It just took me by surprise and some anger because they could get all the other character voices but not Mr Krabs. Perhaps he was being too greedy to get the real voice? :krabssmirk:

spongedude

Wumbologist
Staff
According to the internet, they simply reused the voices from the original game (which I have no problem with). Clancy Brown didn't voice Mr. Krabs for that one, either. I haven't played the new one, but I'd expect the lines and voices are identical if you compare them.

TattleTale Strangler

Normality Impaired
This game was my JAMMM back in the day. I would play this all day long, including The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie video game. Believe both were on GameCube. The remake is faithful to the original, including reusing the original audio.

Last edited:

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
I can't wait to get this game! I thought I wasn't going to be able to get it at all, but I managed to work something out with my mom. She just got a new laptop, so once she gets everything set up on it, I'm going to get her old laptop. Since it's an HP, I'll actually be able to run Rehydrated on it! I'm so excited to play it.

Back