SpongeBob SquarePants “Legends Of Bikini Bottom”

Spongey34

Dafano
Staff
Tune in to the Nickelodeon television channel on January 28th to watch the next four stories in an hour-long special. On January 29th the anthology of all five tales will air at 10am ET/PT on Nickelodeon.

Thursday, Jan. 27, at 8 p.m. (ET) / 5 p.m. (PT)

Premiere of Trenchbillies (Guest starring Amy Sedaris) on Facebook (www.facebook.com/spongebob)

While jellyfishing one day, SpongeBob and Patrick fall into a deep sea trench and are held captive by a clan of trenchbillies. The leader of the clan, Ma Angler (Sedaris), takes a liking to these colorful intruders and offers them a chance to prove their worth in a series of tests. The boys finally win their freedom, but have a hard time actually leaving their new family.

Friday, Jan. 28, at 8:00 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)

Premiere of Hour-Long Legends of Bikini Bottom on Nickelodeon:

Sponge-Cano

The undersea volcano outside of town has gone active, and everyone is in a panic and desperate to find a way to appease the volcano. Just then, an ancient warrior appears, proclaiming that the only way to stop the volcano is to sacrifice the most miserable person in Bikini Bottom: Squidward.

The Main Drain

Legend has it that long ago, two young boys stumbled across a drain in the middle of the ocean floor. Curiosity got the best of them and the boys pulled out the plug, washing everything and everyone in Bikini Bottom into the gaping drain, never to be seen again. When SpongeBob and Patrick hear the story of the main drain, they decide its up to them to uncover the truth behind the myth. The two friends embark on a journey to find the main drain and prevent anyone from ever making the mistake of pulling the plug again.

The Monster Who Came to Bikini Bottom

Patrick befriends a giant sea monster that has wandered into Bikini Bottom. The two unlikely pals develop a means of communication and discover they have many things in common. But the large monster becomes destructive and the citizens of Bikini Bottom want him out of their town. They almost succeed, until SpongeBob finds a solution that makes everyone happy.

Welcome to the Bikini Bottom Triangle (Guest starring Ginnifer Goodwin)

Things begin to disappear from Bikini Bottom, and when Mr. Krabs also goes missing, SpongeBob and Squidward go out to look for him. Suddenly, they hear the distant singing of mermaids and they are sucked into the mysterious Bikini Bottom Triangle. There they find a treasure trove of things that have gone missing over the years, as well as the keepers of the Triangle, a vain teenage mermaid (Goodwin) and her friends who wreak havoc on the inhabitants of the ocean, stealing all their stuff.

Saturday, Jan. 29, from 10:00 11:15 a.m. (ET/PT)

Legends of Bikini Bottom Anthology on Nickelodeon:

Sponge-Cano

The Main Drain

The Monster Who Came to Bikini Bottom

Welcome to the Bikini Bottom Triangle

Trenchbillies (on-air premiere)

The hour-long premiere of Legends Of Bikini Bottom will be simulcast on Nick Mobile. Will you be tuning in for any of the episodes?
http://www.nickutopia.com/2011/01/27/spongebob-squarepants-legends-of-bikini-bottom/

Spongey34

Dafano
Staff
Ginnifer Goodwin Guest Stars On SpongeBob SquarePants

SpongeBob SqaurePants will have Ramona & Beezus actress will be guest starring on the upcoming special called Legends of Bikini Bottom. Gennifer does the voice of a mermaid that steals from the residents in Bikini Bottom. You can catch a clip of it at the bottom of this post.

I am so excited for Friday(Jan 28th), which is when it will premier. I think it will be cute and of course funny! I hope they will release it on DVD soon, but they will I think since it is such a popular series. I also hope that they will make a longer special or at least another movie.

Are you excited for Legends of Bikini Bottom? Do you think Ginnifer will do a good job on this gig? She is a very talented actress, so I have high hopes for this performance by her. I sort of wish they this upcoming special was longer, though. After all, I think most people want to see more of Spongebob Squarepants than just one hours worth at a time.
http://www.bsckids.com/2011/01/ginnifer-goodwin-guest-stars-on-spongebob-squarepants/

raisin

Moby Dollar
I hope they will release it on DVD soon, but they will I think since it is such a popular series.
This was released on DVD back in December; I got it for Christmas. Having said that, I can say that these episodes are pretty good. Trenchbillies & Spongecano are my favs but all are funny.

I also hope that they will make a longer special or at least another movie.
I wish it was longer too or I wish they would air the behind-the-scenes making of Legends, thats really good as well. Either way I will definatly be watching this tonite :salute:

MechaWave

Karate Master
I also hope that they will make a longer special or at least another movie.
You mean those things they advertise on Nick that are not actually "movies" but either a special episode or regular episode and they just say that to get more viewers?

Or an actual cinema one?

Neither would work with this writing team.

RedSoxFan274

Baseball. Hockey. SBM vet. I drop in unexpectedly.
Watched the whole thing.

I thought these were actually not that bad (shocker for me to be saying that, I know). The only one I really had a problem with was the first one, Sponge-cano, which seemed a little too...cranky-Squidwardish.

I would rank the four as follows (order shown in parentheses):
1. (2.) The Main Drain
2. (4.) Welcome to the Bikini Bottom Triangle
3. (3.) The Monster Who Came to Bikini Bottom
4. (1.) Sponge-cano

The last one about the Triangle somewhat answered a long-posed question--namely, who makes the Krabby Patties when SpongeBob isn't there.

raisin

Moby Dollar
Really?! The Main Drain was your fav? That was my least fav & Sponge-cano was my #1. I like grouchy Squidward and i like all episodes that involve all the citizens of Bikini Bottom (but i must admit the doofus dolphin character was dumb)

I agree with the rest of your list though. You guys should really watch Trenchbillies; its another of my favs.

Watched the whole thing.

I thought these were actually not that bad (shocker for me to be saying that, I know). The only one I really had a problem with was the first one, Sponge-cano, which seemed a little too...cranky-Squidwardish.

I would rank the four as follows (order shown in parentheses):
1. (2.) The Main Drain
2. (4.) Welcome to the Bikini Bottom Triangle
3. (3.) The Monster Who Came to Bikini Bottom
4. (1.) Sponge-cano

The last one about the Triangle somewhat answered a long-posed question--namely, who makes the Krabby Patties when SpongeBob isn't there.

raisin

Moby Dollar
I forgot to add that I liked the intro scenes of Patchy & Potty. For some reason the visuals were really good in a weird sort of way. Those scenes arent on the dvd so it was a nice surprise.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
I forgot to add that I liked the intro scenes of Patchy & Potty. For some reason the visuals were really good in a weird sort of way. Those scenes arent on the dvd so it was a nice surprise.

Everyone always whines about how much they hate Patchy, but the fact that he is Tom Kenny makes him unhateable in my book. :thumb1:
People also don't seem to get that he's supposed to be tacky; he's based off low-budget kiddie show hosts from the 60s and 70s.

raisin

Moby Dollar
Patchy is kinda iffy for me. I understand that his schtick is to be goofy and tacky but after awhile it wears on my nerves. But for whatever reason I liked him on the Legends of B.B. Maybe its b/c Potty was there and he had someone to play off of. I do like Potty alot and i like how the show doesn't try to hide that he's a marionette (his strings are visible and he's kinda shaky)

Everyone always whines about how much they hate Patchy, but the fact that he is Tom Kenny makes him unhateable in my book. :thumb1:
People also don't seem to get that he's supposed to be tacky; he's based off low-budget kiddie show hosts from the 60s and 70s.

iPlankton

The Original Single-Celled Organism

Patchy has been the funniest part about most specials honestly.

Lazlo

Flying Dutchman's Sock
I got one question:

I notice that one of the Legends of Bikini Bottom, The Curse of the Hex, was left out in the premiere. What happened to that segment?

raisin

Moby Dollar
Holy Cow i had forgotten about that episode. Meh out of all the Legends episodes that was the worst, IMO, so I'm glad it wasnt shown. :yuck:

I got one question:

I notice that one of the Legends of Bikini Bottom, The Curse of the Hex, was left out in the premiere. What happened to that segment?

Back