Show News SpongeBob Season 12 DVD coming out on January 12, 2021

pgh214

Thanks for the Facelift!
So if I were to take a wild guess, the rest of season 12 won't finish by then, so if I really wanted to I could buy the DVD and watch the rest of the season. That's cool, because the unaired episodes appear mildly promising in comparison to the rest of this garbage season #theworstseasonyet

Fear Of A Nerdy Patty

Bomb-Selling Pirate
That's one of the best season covers in a while. Really makes you want to pick up the set. However, I'm worried about the Red Mist scene from SpongeBob In Randomland. I'll be pissed if that ugly Squid baby replacement appears instead.

That's one of the best season covers in a while. Really makes you want to pick up the set. However, I'm worried about the Red Mist scene from SpongeBob In Randomland. I'll be pissed if that ugly Squid baby replacement appears instead.
They definitely will use the Squid baby replacement. They even went to the trouble of altering my iTunes purchase to censor the scene.

TheJasbre202

Jasbre
They definitely will use the Squid baby replacement. They even went to the trouble of altering my iTunes purchase to censor the scene.
Lucky I ripped the original version before this got censored, so the only way to watch it is to see from a TV or Digital rip pre-dating mid October 2019. It's a shame they did this and that we'll never have the proper audio mix for the original scene, i'm sure Nick Executives just hated the scene and wanted to replace it because afaik there was maybe like 1-2 complaints but nothing else.

MPack

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Lucky I ripped the original version before this got censored, so the only way to watch it is to see from a TV or Digital rip pre-dating mid October 2019. It's a shame they did this and that we'll never have the proper audio mix for the original scene, i'm sure Nick Executives just hated the scene and wanted to replace it because afaik there was maybe like 1-2 complaints but nothing else.
Same here (only I still have the original airing on my DVR).

TheJasbre202

Jasbre
Maybe a bonus option for red mist Squidward since this is a DVD?
isnt the runtime listed absurdly long? people are suspecting bonus content, but i wouldn't hold my breath since the last actual bonus stuff was on season 6 dvds and it wasnt even good. everything since are shorts that were made for TV and not as bonus content for the discs so they dont count

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
isnt the runtime listed absurdly long? people are suspecting bonus content, but i wouldn't hold my breath since the last actual bonus stuff was on season 6 dvds and it wasnt even good. everything since are shorts that were made for TV and not as bonus content for the discs so they dont count
Ooh I hope we get audio commentary like we did with the first 2 seasons. I like hearing those sometimes.

MattTheSpongeFanatic

Goodbye Krabby Patty's #1 Fan
Staff
In Season 11 the DVD came with the Plankton's Color Nullifier short, but there was only one short. But other than that the last few season DVDS did not have any special features or audio commentarys or things like that.

TheJasbre202

Jasbre
In Season 11 the DVD came with the Plankton's Color Nullifier short, but there was only one short. But other than that the last few season DVDS did not have any special features or audio commentarys or things like that.
color nullifier was made for nick/nick.com, not for the dvd release, was for the you bring the color premiere week

DCarlC

Baby Clam
I’m spitballing here, but if the runtime IS absurdly long, maybe the special features are the 4 clip shows? I doubt they’d release those on their own physically.

pgh214

Thanks for the Facelift!
Can anyone confirm (whoever bought it today) if Kwarantine Krab is on the set?

Back