Show News Spongebob pilot

AFLEL

Baby Clam
Is the Help Wanted an actual episode?
I'm not sure because I have a DVD set of SpongeBob season 1, and the first disc does not have Help Wanted.

PinkPugPrincess

Baby Patrick Star
Staff
Is the Help Wanted an actual episode?
I'm not sure because I have a DVD set of SpongeBob season 1, and the first disc does not have Help Wanted.
The reason why "Help Wanted" isn't on the Season 1 DVD is due to copyright issues with Tiny Tim's song "Livin' in the Sunlight, Lovin' in the Moonlight" being played in the episode. According to Derek Drymon, this is because Nickelodeon did not want to pay Tiny Tim's estate for the rights. However, it is included as a bonus feature on disc 3 of The Complete 3rd Season, 10 Happiest Moments, and The Third & Fourth Seasons DVDs. It is also available as a normal episode on The First 100 Episodes, SpongeBob, You're Fired!, The Pilot a Mini-Movie and the Square Shorts, and The Best 200 Episodes Ever DVDs. I copied the underlined parts from here.

Nathan Shetka

Balloon Traveler
Imagine if they released was a whole Complete Series boxed set for SpongeBob SquarePants, Kamp Koral and The Patrick Star Show with every episode from the 3 shows

Squidwardspal

Part Computer or Something
Imagine if they released was a whole Complete Series boxed set for SpongeBob SquarePants, Kamp Koral and The Patrick Star Show with every episode from the 3 shows
that would be insane but probably expensive XD

cameroncochran

Floating Shopping List
The reason why "Help Wanted" isn't on the Season 1 DVD is due to copyright issues with Tiny Tim's song "Livin' in the Sunlight, Lovin' in the Moonlight" being played in the episode. According to Derek Drymon, this is because Nickelodeon did not want to pay Tiny Tim's estate for the rights. However, it is included as a bonus feature on disc 3 of The Complete 3rd Season, 10 Happiest Moments, and The Third & Fourth Seasons DVDs. It is also available as a normal episode on The First 100 Episodes, SpongeBob, You're Fired!, The Pilot a Mini-Movie and the Square Shorts, and The Best 200 Episodes Ever DVDs. I copied the underlined parts from here.
wait what

SpongeVol93

Floating Shopping List
It was pretty bad that it wasn't on the season 1 DVD. Especially with all the money Nick had already made on SpongeBob at that point. I guess they could get away with it because it's technically not part of season 1 and was produced as a standalone with it being the pilot. Probably would never happen but it would be really cool if we could get a DVD release of the original 1997 version of the pilot with the original intro.

Nathan Shetka

Balloon Traveler
It was strange that they excluded Help Wanted on the Complete 1st Season DVD set.

AFLEL

Baby Clam
Thank you. This is great as I have seasons 1-5, and are able to watch it. Much appreciation!

Back