SpongeBob Nominated for "Favorite Cartoon Category" in Nickelodeon's Kid's Choice Awards 2018

Klu

Moby Dollar
...Basically Nickelodeon made everythibg in their power that this time winner will be kinda justified.
No, seriously, season 11 of SpongeBob is much better show than any other on the list of nomineers, besides, maybe, TMNT.

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
Not gonna lie, I voted for The Emoji Movie and will vote for Star Wars Battlefront II for ::dolphin noise::s and giggles.

spongie33

Sad Squidward Expert
Staff
Why is the Emoji Movie nominated? That’s the worst movie ever!

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
For the people asking about The Emoji Movie, they're probably just nominateing any movies that were well-known and/or advertised a lot and/or that would be known to the people watching the KCA. And plus, Nickelodeon defitenly had some kind of deal with that movie too, since they were airing special stuff about it, like sneak peeks to movie scenes and whatever else they did.

So yeah, while it is really funny that it's in there, if anything it would've been more surprising for The Emoji Movie to not have been nominated, than for it to be nominated.

spongie33

Sad Squidward Expert
Staff
SpongeBob is going to win it like every year.

spongie33

Sad Squidward Expert
Staff
Yeah I like Steven Universe. It’s one of my favorite shows on Cartoon Network.

I don't take them seriously anymore but nominating an actor from a show that features sex and tons of gore (The Walking Dead) is such a new low for Nick.

Honest Slug said:
Only good movies on that list Guardians of the Galaxy 2 and The Last Jedi.
Only good animated movies are Coco, Captain Underpants, and Lego Batman.
Only good TV show is Strange Things (Fuller House? Lmao)
No good cartons.
Only good new video game is Mario Odyssey.
No good YouTubers.

Why do people take this dumb award show seriously, it's just some comedy for me at this point.

But so do the new SpongeBob episodes. :sbfunny:
excuse me? Thor: Ragnarok and Wonder Woman are gifts from God.

And Spider-Man: Homecoming was good to me.

President Squidward said:
because steven universe is trash

honestly it seems that Star Vs. is doing better story-wise than Steven Universe at this point
yeah sorry people, Steven Universe doesn't deserve to win anymore.

I would honestly nominate it tho because at the very least it's an original cartoon that has gotten praise and recognition.

I don't think it's trash but it has been so inconsistent and it doesn't know how to handle its arcs and characters anymore. It either closes the arcs in a disappointment or it completely ignores it until so many episodes later. Star is a much better show with a better storytelling. It's not perfect and it gets on my nerves sometimes but it has accomplished way more than Steven Universe ever could past season 3.

This whole awards ceremony is nothing but a cash grab. What's the point of making a cartoon category if SpongeBob is gonna win every year and it's not gonna be even brought up in the awards show? It's all to promote SpongeBob will always be the most successful kids cartoon but at the same time, not promote it in the big screen because it pisses off people or something.

Klu

Moby Dollar
I don't take them seriously anymore but nominating an actor from a show that features sex and tons of gore (The Walking Dead) is such a new low for Nick.

I would honestly nominate it tho because at the very least it's an original cartoon that has gotten praise and recognition.

I don't think it's trash but it has been so inconsistent and it doesn't know how to handle its arcs and characters anymore. It either closes the arcs in a disappointment or it completely ignores it until so many episodes later. Star is a much better show with a better storytelling. It's not perfect and it gets on my nerves sometimes but it has accomplished way more than Steven Universe ever could past season 3.

This whole awards ceremony is nothing but a cash grab. What's the point of making a cartoon category if SpongeBob is gonna win every year and it's not gonna be even brought up in the awards show? It's all to promote SpongeBob will always be the most successful kids cartoon but at the same time, not promote it in the big screen because it pisses off people or something.
I haven't watched the rest of season 3 of SvtFoE, but beginning arc (transitional arc?) from season 2 finale to season 3 was honestly really disappointing.
I would've agreed on SU with you, as I wss kinda disappointed in season 4 (it's not bad, but mostly average), but season 5 is almost consistently great.

Klu said:
I haven't watched the rest of season 3 of SvtFoE, but beginning arc (transitional arc?) from season 2 finale to season 3 was honestly really disappointing.
I would've agreed on SU with you, as I wss kinda disappointed in season 4 (it's not bad, but mostly average), but season 5 is almost consistently great.
I agree that beginning of season 3 was frustrating but after they wrapped up Toffie so well, they have been consitently fun and impressive mostly.

I think season 5 have been good but I'm still waiting for some other dropped plots to arrive.

Reactions: Klu

So...do you like Homecoming or not?

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
Growlie said:
I actually thought Toby Meguire was the perfect Spidey.
wzwQUF2.png

Back