SpongeBob Music Thread

RomNick

Balloon Traveler
I was beyond happy to hear "Target" by Hans Ehrlinger in "Grandmum's the Word". Though, sadly, the scene it is used in is not a commercial narrated by Mr. Lawrence.

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
I think season 11 still has great title card music choices and great music editing in general. But still no HSCV. ;(

RomNick

Balloon Traveler
I think season 11 still has great title card music choices and great music editing in general. But still no HSCV. ;(
It might be the possibility that the track is actually gone from Carr's collection. Yes, even the tracks' authors might lose their own creations.
By the way, there was a post on the blog of Chris Ledesma, the music editor of The Simpsons. He said that the editor and the production company should pay the musicians who don't work on the show for now the big sum of money for every time each track composed by them for past seasons plays out.
So there is the reason why The Blue Hawaiians, Theo Mondle, Ron Wasserman and Pat Irwin's solo compositions aren't used after they left...

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
It might be the possibility that the track is actually gone from Carr's collection. Yes, even the tracks' authors might lose their own creations.
By the way, there was a post on the blog of Chris Ledesma, the music editor of The Simpsons. He said that the editor and the production company should pay the musicians who don't work on the show for now the big sum of money for every time each track composed by them for past seasons plays out.
So there is the reason why The Blue Hawaiians, Theo Mondle, Ron Wasserman and Pat Irwin's solo compositions aren't used after they left...

Well that's a bummer. I mean it's understandable why the former composers' cues aren't being used anymore, but the thought of an active crew member not having access to his own compositions is just too bad if that's actually the case. If that and some other original tracks unused for years really aren't coming back, I guess we'll just have to accept it.

JerryTheSnail

Giant Clam
Amphitrite said:
what does "HSCV" stand for?

Klu

Moby Dollar
JerryTheSnail said:
what does "HSCV" stand for?
Happy Sponge Chase Vibes. One of the best post-movie original tracks, in my opinion.

Reactions: Reg

RDSP

Banished
RomNick said:
I was beyond happy to hear "Target" by Hans Ehrlinger in "Grandmum's the Word". Though, sadly, the scene it is used in is not a commercial narrated by Mr. Lawrence.
That wasn't the only track that returned in that episode; Pepito from Tampico (a) returned after not having been used since Suds(!), while Tabu returned after a shorter hiatus from Karen 2.0 and Epic Tragedy returned after its last use in Gramma's Secret Recipe. (yeah, I sometimes nerd out about this sort of thing, sorry)

RomNick said:
I wonder if that's why a lot of Steve Marston tracks haven't been used recently; Only one of his tracks has been used since The Fish Bowl.

RomNick

Balloon Traveler
thecrad15 said:
Yeah I like HSCV to return too.
But the possibility of this track being extinct now on Carr's side isn't too far-fetched.

RDSP said:
I wonder if that's why a lot of Steve Marston tracks haven't been used recently; Only one of his tracks has been used since The Fish Bowl.
This episode was the only of Season 9 to credit Marston as the staff composer, by the way.

haroldgeller.jpg

Also, today is 102 years since the birth of Harold Geller, the Bosworth contributor, who has written tracks like "Four and Three", "Hawaiian Islands" and "Groovy Baby".

RomNick

Balloon Traveler
Thumbnail.jpg

Today is 93 years since the birth of Caesar Giovaninni, whose music "Bobsled" has been acquired by KPM in the 1960s and has played in the episode "The Cent of Money" and one Krabby Patty short.

RomNick

Balloon Traveler
A-443741-1340297759-6383.jpeg.jpg

27 February was 94 years since the birth of Trevor Duncan (aka Leonard Charles Trebilco), the Conroy and JW Media contributor whose tracks were acquired by KPM. Among these are "Four Evil Men", "Paroxysms", "Mutations", "Acts of Heroism", "Eastside Story", "Climb to Altitude", "They're Coming!", "Maniac Pursuit", "Cosmic Cloud", "From Another World".

RomNick

Balloon Traveler
Yesterday was 98 years since the birth of Hans Conzelmann, the Selected Sound contributor (along with Delle Haensch), who did the tracks like "Crime and Danger Sign" and "Prologue of a Drama". Unfortunately, I didn't find any pictures of him.

A-1010541-1404167254-7368.jpeg.jpg

And today is 104 years since Behár György was born. His very mysterious music "Sculpture" has been aquired by KPM in 1970s and has played in the episode "Cave Dwelling Sponge". In fact, this might be one of my new favorite tracks due to its abstract feeling.

RomNick

Balloon Traveler
hqdefault.jpg

Today is 130 years since the birth of Anthony Lowry, the KPM contributor and the "Screw on the Loose" author.

01000401.jpg

Also, today is 112 years since the birth of a man who needs no introduction: Harry Lubin.

RomNick

Balloon Traveler
For anyone wondering why "In Style Of" section has been removed from the APM search engine in late 2017, I asked the support about it and here's what they answered.

"In light of recent high profile music copyright lawsuits, which APM Music was not involved with but which affect the music industry as a whole, we have decided to suspend until further notice our “In the Style Of” search option. This is aimed at lessening exposure to any our clients from potential negative consequences in this area. We hope you understand and we are always here to help you with music searches for your projects, so please don’t hesitate to reach out to us for assistance."

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
Arnold is Back 1 is back! (I know it was used recently already. Just wanted to make that joke)

The Appetizer

shapes and noises
RomNick said:
hqdefault.jpg

Today is 130 years since the birth of Anthony Lowry, the KPM contributor and the "Screw on the Loose" author.

01000401.jpg

Also, today is 112 years since the birth of a man who needs no introduction: Harry Lubin.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY HARRY!!!!! Can't get enough of his sci-fi ("Lost in the Galaxy", "Desolate Lands") and dramatic ("Break In", "Crazy Mind") music, but I like some of his other stuff too. Too bad APM removed CPM from their catalogue before we could hear more of "Pride and Majesty".

RomNick

Balloon Traveler
the-john-barry-seven-and-orchestra-the-human-jungle-1963-7.jpg

Today is 91 years since the birth of Bernard Ebbinghouse, a famous German composer whose composition "Harem Harry" was used in the episode "Spin the Bottle".

Also, off-topic, but I really wish Carr would start again using tracks with vocals (lyrics, wordless, chant, etc.).

RDSP

Banished
RomNick said:
Also, off-topic, but I really wish Carr would start again using tracks with vocals (lyrics, wordless, chant, etc.).
I mean, he used Pepito from Tampico (a) again in Grandmum's the Word and there was a Hawaiian track (can't remember the name right now) with vocals used in Cave Dwelling Sponge, so...

Back