SpongeBob Music Thread

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
That unknown Restraining SpongeBob cartoon track is still too overused. It's basically season 8-10's version of season 4/5's Goofy Conversation and season 6/7's The Krabby Kronicle unknown cartoon track.

WayslideCool

You know what else is yellow? You are!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J75GeAOTtA

Say, does anyone know the name of the title card track for "Trident Trouble?" I haven't heard it before.

RomNick

Balloon Traveler
Kelpy G. said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J75GeAOTtA

Say, does anyone know the name of the title card track for "Trident Trouble?" I haven't heard it before.
https://www.apmmusic.com/albums/KPM-0565/KPM_KPM_0565_02301 - Title card.
https://www.apmmusic.com/albums/KPM-0072/KPM_KPM_0072_03601 - Opening credits. Also heard in the French comedy Asterix at the Olympic Games.
Amphitrite said:
That unknown Restraining SpongeBob cartoon track is still too overused. It's basically season 8-10's version of season 4/5's Goofy Conversation and season 6/7's The Krabby Kronicle unknown cartoon track.
Well, Season 10 was edited in 2016, so you can't judge the CURRENT situation with Carr's selection.

ataeaf

Outdated meme I know
I wanna see Sunny Samoa in an ep... unfortunately it’s a TRF/Dennis track so that’s unlikely. Hopefully Carr owns a physical CD with that track.

Or Grass Skirts Blowing, but again that’s a TRF track.

RomNick

Balloon Traveler
ataeaf said:
I wanna see Sunny Samoa in an ep... unfortunately it’s a TRF/Dennis track so that’s unlikely. Hopefully Carr owns a physical CD with that track.

Or Grass Skirts Blowing, but again that’s a TRF track.
Tracks of Dennis Music weren't released in CDs, only in digital form.
Again, you should pretty much understand you won't hear them anymore. Dennis Music was part of Sonoton Music Group and appeared on APM, but then a bunch a libraries left the group in 2008, including Dennis.

ataeaf

Outdated meme I know
RomNick said:
Tracks of Dennis Music weren't released in CDs, only in digital form.
Again, you should pretty much understand you won't hear them anymore. Dennis Music was part of Sonoton Music Group and appeared on APM, but then a bunch a libraries left the group in 2008, including Dennis.
He could always get the tracks directly from Dennis. [/wishful thinking]

RomNick

Balloon Traveler
ataeaf said:
He could always get the tracks directly from Dennis. [/wishful thinking]
Nope, he couldn't. When the full library is out of APM (THE FULL library, not the separate tracks from it), the usage of them stops. Remember CPM (there was no tracks in today's episode of this library and, as Mr. Waller pointed out, it's lost) and West One Music?
Directly from Dennis? Don't think so. This is a label of Dutch descent, and while it was part of Sonoton, it could be used many times by English-speaking people. But when it was out of Sonoton Music Group, it became FULLY Dutch and now isn't used not only in SpongeBob, but in various other films and commercials. AFAIK, their music is only used by the Dutch people. Only.
Plus, making contracts with one more label for their music being used on a REGULAR basis costs money (if it's British or American library, it's easier, but Dennis is Dutch).
And even then, Carr isn't using Sonoton or Selected Sound much now, them being the most expensive labels on APM (and they're German, even).

ataeaf

Outdated meme I know
RomNick said:
Nope, he couldn't. When the full library is out of APM (THE FULL library, not the separate tracks from it), the usage of them stops. Remember CPM (there was no tracks in today's episode of this library and, as Mr. Waller pointed out, it's lost) and West One Music?
Directly from Dennis? Don't think so. This is a label of Dutch descent, and while it was part of Sonoton, it could be used many times by English-speaking people. But when it was out of Sonoton Music Group, it became FULLY Dutch and now isn't used not only in SpongeBob, but in various other films and commercials. AFAIK, their music is only used by the Dutch people. Only.
Plus, making contracts with one more label for their music being used on a REGULAR basis costs money (if it's British or American library, it's easier, but Dennis is Dutch).
And even then, Carr isn't using Sonoton or Selected Sound much now, them being the most expensive labels on APM (and they're German, even).
Well, I’ll stick to my wishful thinking, then; no matter what you say.

On a lighter note, Happy Sponge Chase Vibes should be used more often (Funny Pants, Whale of a Birthday, etc). That shouldn’t be a problem since it’s an original Carr composition.

The Appetizer

shapes and noises
Amphitrite said:
As much as I like that track, I gotta agree with you there. And which Krabby Khronicle track are you referring to? The one that plays when "How's it lookin' in there, boy?" is said, or the one that plays when Sandy's awards are confiscated?
Speaking of cartoon tracks, has anyone else noticed that the unknown Chum Friccasee track has been playing a lot more lately?

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
As much as I like that track, I gotta agree with you there. And which Krabby Khronicle track are you referring to? The one that plays when "How's it lookin' in there, boy?" is said, or the one that plays when Sandy's awards are confiscated?
Speaking of cartoon tracks, has anyone else noticed that the unknown Chum Friccasee track has been playing a lot more lately?

The one where Sandy's awards are confiscated. Also, the Chum Fricassee unknown track was pretty underused, so I think it deserves it.

RomNick

Balloon Traveler
ataeaf said:
Well, I’ll stick to my wishful thinking, then; no matter what you say.
You are a sad, strange little man. And you have my pity. Farewell.

The Appetizer

shapes and noises
So, what's everyone's favorite sailor tracks? Mine:
APM: Dingle's Regatta, Kerry Polka, Sailor's Waltz, Rake Hornpipe, The Twin Sisters, Bring Back (plays only in "Sleepy Time"), Spanish Ladies (b), Up She Rises (would this count, because it contains an arrangement of "The Drunken Sailor"?), Sea Shanty Medley, Bobby Shaftoe, Achterhoek Dances
Original: Summer Job title card, unknown Bolger-Carr Way of the Sponge sad cue, unknown Bolger-Carr Dear Vikings track, unknown Food Con Castaways track that plays when Krabs says he built a safe, unknown Goo Goo Gas track that plays during the trail of pennies scene, unknown Bolger-Carr track that plays in "The Play's the Thing", "For Here or to Go", and "SpongeBob's Place", unknown Bolger-Carr track that plays in "Grandpappy the Pirate" when "And booty did abound!" is said.

TheAngryWumbologyNerd

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?
Apparently Big Pink Loser had a lower pitched title theme when it played.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLOkulvIUvs

Sort of strange =/ Why bother making it deeper?

RomNick

Balloon Traveler
Yesterday's pair of episodes was the first not to feature CPM music in them. That's kind of sad.

The Appetizer

shapes and noises
Does the track that plays when "37 Krabby Patties!" is said in "Trident Trouble" play in any other episodes? Allen J lists it as [original composition], but I don't recognize it from any other episodes.

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
Yesterday's pair of episodes was the first not to feature CPM music in them. That's kind of sad.

Unreal Estate and Code Yellow have CPM music in them. I'm unsure about the future season 10 episodes after the ones you listed, though.

Invincibubble

Krabby Patty Perfectionist
I think my personal favorite track that's played in SpongeBob is "Vacation (a)", it played as the title card for 'Food Con Castaways" and in some other episodes as well, like 'Perfect Chemistry' and 'Shell Shocked'. I find the track very relaxing and a pleasure to listen to!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8BrLiUen5w

RomNick

Balloon Traveler
Does the track that plays when "37 Krabby Patties!" is said in "Trident Trouble" play in any other episodes? Allen J lists it as [original composition], but I don't recognize it from any other episodes.
It's a ditty Krabs sings in What's Eating Patrick.
Unreal Estate and Code Yellow have CPM music in them. I'm unsure about the future season 10 episodes after the ones you listed, though.
I know, but I list them in production order, not in airing one.

Back