Sponge Out of Water SpongeBob Movie 2 - confirmed! *SPOILERS*

SandTaro05

I'm ready for 2015!
kevin_ng2010 said:
http://www.screendaily.com/news/distribution/cineeurope-roundup-day-3-paramount-sequels-pompeii-live-success/5057785.article

Little bit of info about the movie. It confirmed that it will be in 3D. But I'm not sure...
Really hoping they meant 3-D as in "3-D-glasses will be needed" 3-D. As much as most of us don't want this to happen, I have a feeling that the characters may end up being in CGI somewhere in this movie...or maybe a new character(s) will be in CGI instead? If the Snow Mollusk can be in a different medium while the rest of the characters stayed in theirs, it can surely happen again.

Sherm Cohen reviled on his "How To Draw Cartoons" page that he's going to be involved in the second movie:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=219907518156178&set=a.182543885225875.1073741828.171892166291047&type=1&relevant_count=1

Ham-MER

Baby Clam
There are probably going to be a ton of college-age kids seeing that movie. I know I will be next year.

Just like there were a ton of middle schoolers when the Toy Story 3 came out.

Really cool. Hope it surpasses the original and they make a video game like the last one. That game took me YEARS to beat.

TropicalNards112233

Krabby Patty Burglar
SandTaro05 said:
Really hoping they meant 3-D as in "3-D-glasses will be needed" 3-D. As much as most of us don't want this to happen, I have a feeling that the characters may end up being in CGI somewhere in this movie...or maybe a new character(s) will be in CGI instead? If the Snow Mollusk can be in a different medium while the rest of the characters stayed in theirs, it can surely happen again.

Sherm Cohen reviled on his "How To Draw Cartoons" page that he's going to be involved in the second movie:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=219907518156178&set=a.182543885225875.1073741828.171892166291047&type=1&relevant_count=1
Most likely, they mean 3D as in 3D glasses. Also, if Sherm Cohen is involved in this, maybe the characters will look like their old normal selves!! Or at the very least, have normal cheeks.

New Spongebob cheeks are like this:
spongebob-squarepants-season-7.jpg

Whereas the old cheeks are like this:
826169-spongebob_squarepants.jpg

BubbleBud

Giant Clam
SandTaro05 said:

Sherm...Cohen.. he's... he's coming back? Oh my gah. Give me a moment.

This movie might be saved for me. Now where is Derek Drymon?! C.H Greenblatt? If I found out that they are returning for the second movie, I'll be buying premiere tickets as soon as they go on-sale. I'm choking from overloaded excitement for Sherm's involvement.

But the most important guy I want to return is Derek, along with Stephen (Although Steve is coming back). I feel Derek knows and respects the show and it's characters more than Paul. I feel he should of took over instead when Steve left, although I heard a rumor that he was offered Paul's position but refused because he felt the show wouldn't be the same without Stephen. I love Derek, I always wanted to ask him a book-load of questions about the show. His importance really matters and proof is his work on the comics. The comics he worked on, felt like good ole' classic SpongeBob to me. Better than the episodes they are airing currently, in my opinion. I really feel he can master the character of Squidward perfectly, because Squidward in the comics is better than the Squidward on the show, in my opinion. Derek played a big role on the show, respected these amazing creatures and their personalities. His presence is greatly missed by me. If I could have one wish to come true, it would be for Derek to come back for the second movie.

And if SpongeBob went back to his Season 3 look, that would be amazing. That's one thing that bothers me now, is the cheeks on all of the characters. If they can go back to their classic looks for all of the characters, that would be fantastic.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
kevin_ng2010 said:
http://www.screendaily.com/news/distribution/cineeurope-roundup-day-3-paramount-sequels-pompeii-live-success/5057785.article

Little bit of info about the movie. It confirmed that it will be in 3D. But I'm not sure...
Yeah, they mentioned about it being in 3D at the preview event last year as well. I imagine they got showed the same reel (which I wish they'd release so that we can see it, too).

SandTaro05 said:

If Sherm Cohen is on board, as the "we're making Movie #2" comment implies ... I'm so excited. I love the work he's done on the show, Movie #1, comics etc.

SandTaro05

I'm ready for 2015!
TropicalNards112233 said:
Also, if Sherm Cohen is involved in this, maybe the characters will look like their old normal selves!! Or at the very least, have normal cheeks.
It really depends on which way they'll take the character designs. I don't think they'll change much because of Sherm Cohen's involvement. While not as big as they were in the picture you posted,he has been drawing SpongeBob with rounder cheeks during the movie and since the last time he worked on the show:
(And while these cheeks are used more, SB's older cheeks are still used in the newer episodes from time to time...)

But the characters probably will look a little different than they did in the first movie and what they already look like now.

Oh, and if more key people like Derek Drymon and C.H. Greenblatt return for this movie, that would be AWESOME. :D

TropicalNards112233

Krabby Patty Burglar
SandTaro05 said:
It really depends on which way they'll take the character designs. I don't think they'll change much because of Sherm Cohen's involvement. While not as big as they were in the picture you posted,he has been drawing SpongeBob with rounder cheeks during the movie and since the last time he worked on the show:

vader.jpg
http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

"(And while these cheeks are used more, SB's older cheeks are still used in the newer episodes from time to time...)"

The only specific time I can think of that is Nautical Novice in season 6. But I noticed it a bit in Season 5

BubbleBud

Giant Clam
SandTaro05 said:
Oh, and if more key people like Derek Drymon and C.H. Greenblatt return for this movie, that would be AWESOME. :D
SpongeBob older cheeks are still used? Yeah, but they use less and less of them it seems with each passing season. It's too much pimple cheeks now. I'm for the classic cheeks and the narrow at the bottom look than being all even. They had them for Season 4 & 5 but I didn't notice much in Season 6, 7, 8, or 9.

If Derek returned and even C.H, I'd buy tickets for day one as soon as they go on sale. I longed for the return of Derek.

BubbleBud

Giant Clam
President Squidward said:
The only thing that Derek Drymon does today is working on SpongeBob Comics.
And look at them. Better than the show, in my opinion. I've said it before, but I feel the show would be so much better if he took over instead of Paul. I felt he knew the characters more, he was basically Steve's handyman. I heard that Steve offered him Paul's position but he declined, feeling the show wouldn't be the same. I knew he left back in 2005/06 after research and when I found that out, my heart sank. I always wanted to meet him. And I feel him, Stephen, Sherm, and C.H. could save this movie. Derek Drymon treats the characters in the comics better than Paul does on the show, in my opinion. I've always been a big fan of Derek, he was very important to the show.

And who took over his position? Vincent Waller? Yeah, Vincent can't hold a candle to Derek, in my opinion. The creative director to me, is Derek. I miss Derek.

Someone

I'M SO EXCITED FOR THIS MOVIE!!!! Seriously, I haven't felt this excited about anything in a long time I hope this doesn't disappoint. Also, am I the only one who wants this to take place after the first movie? It seems dumb to put the number two in a pequel. I thought that the ending of Spongebob becoming manager in the first movie was great and a nice ending for the series but, that doesn't mean it has to be where it ends. I'd be interested to see what they could do with Spongebob as manager.

I know that several pages back someone linked to someone working on the movie who said it's stand alone but, couldn't it technically be stand alone even if it does take place after the first by just explaining a few key things to new viewers or something? Not saying that it is going to take place after the first movie but, I'm not sure if that post linked earlier disproves that it could.

Someone

Sorry about the double post but, I can't edit since I'm a guest. Anyway, why is everyone making such a big deal out of his cheeks? I never even noticed they were different. I actually had to check the movie to see what was in that and it seems to alternate between the old upwards cheeks and the newer chubby ones. Would you guys mind that or do you completely hate his cheeks this way? I just don't get why it matters. No offense, though. Just asking.

Back