Sponge Out of Water SpongeBob Movie 2 - confirmed! *SPOILERS*

I forgot to mention this, but the main reason I'm not particularly upset about the current crew not writing for the movie is that now they can keep on writing regular episodes for the show. So we'll have a team writing regular episodes and a team writing the movie, and hopefully there'll be no need for a hiatus and the movie won't impact the episode quality in any way.

You've got a point, actually. Now we don't need to worry about episodes going back down in quality because of focus on the movie. That way, the main SB crew can go back to Seasons 1-3 quality and focus on that, there is a chance now, even though I think it is slim. Hopefully. :)

Jibbix

Balloon Traveler
I think I should lower my hopes for the movie and just focus on Seasons 9-10, honestly. :/
.....Are you serious? Are you serious? This is almost distressing to me.

Here's why: Okay, Tim Hill also directed Alvin And The Chipmunks. But you know what he also did? Tim Hill also plotted out some of the best episodes of Spongebob ever (Help Wanted, BubbleStand, Movie, Mrs. Puff You're Fired, Lost Mattress, etc). [background=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.496094)]Aibel and Berger have proven themselves capable of writing amazing things; The Kung Fu Panda films are some of the greatest animated films I've ever seen. Those Alvin and The Chipmunks films are simply black holes of talent (seriously, with Tim Hill directing how can you go wrong, man?), and plus, it was live action, which stilted a lot of the writing.[/background]

[background=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.496094)]It just absolutely bugs me when people make comments like that. They wrote two bad things; Why would that make you lose hope for the movie? Just....Ugh. I'm almost certain that they can write well for the new Spongebob film; Kung Fu Panda gives me hope. But negative "jumping to conclusions" comments like that bug me so very much. T_T[/background]

Here's why: Okay, Tim Hill also directed Alvin And The Chipmunks. But you know what he also did? Tim Hill also plotted out some of the best episodes of Spongebob ever (Help Wanted, BubbleStand, Movie, Mrs. Puff You're Fired, Lost Mattress, etc). [background=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.496094)]Aibel and Berger have proven themselves capable of writing amazing things; The Kung Fu Panda films are some of the greatest animated films I've ever seen. Those Alvin and The Chipmunks films are simply black holes of talent (seriously, with Tim Hill directing how can you go wrong, man?), and plus, it was live action, which stilted a lot of the writing.[/background]

[background=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.496094)]It just absolutely bugs me when people make comments like that. They wrote two bad things; Why would that make you lose hope for the movie? Just....Ugh. I'm almost certain that they can write well for the new Spongebob film; Kung Fu Panda gives me hope. But negative "jumping to conclusions" comments like that bug me so very much. T_T[/background]

Tim Hill wrote for SpongeBob, I did not know that.

Patrick NotStar

Floating Shopping List

While I wouldn't call Kung Fu Panda films some of the best animated films ever (still great films though), I agree completely. Plus, with movies like Alvin and the Chipmunks writers aren't given much freedom. They're commercials more than anything, and writers don't get much creative influence like they do with movies like KFP, ones that actually try to be good films and tell a good story.

Not even that, though, but so what if a good writer does have a bad film? It shouldn't destroy their career, it's simply a bump on the road. However if a writer ends up creating nothing but trash over and over again, then I would be worried. (This is not the case though)

iPlankton

The Original Single-Celled Organism

You have to form your opinions on something. I'm not excited about putting SpongeBob in the same hands as the abysmal Alvin and the Chipmunks deal.

Web Surfer

Banished
Wish this movie would finally make Spongebob rest in the clouds of Nostalgia heaven. I wouldn't want to name the new era of episodes post-POST movie.

>_<

Wish this movie would finally make Spongebob rest in the clouds of Nostalgia heaven. I wouldn't want to name the new era of episodes post-POST movie.

>_<

What if SpongeBob got back to Season 1-3 quality? Would you want it to go to nostalgia heaven.

I'm so sick of everyone just relying on nostalgia (this isn't directed to you btw ;) )

Crazyfish

Surprise surprise
Let me guess... they left no source.
I cannot stress enough how unreliable that website is.

The only confirmed date is "Late 2012" for the movie.

Actually only confirmed date is Late 2014. http://durancemagazine.org/2012/02/paramount-announces-that-a-second-spongebob-squarepants-movie-will-come-in-2014/

abney317

Abney=last name
Staff
Actually only confirmed date is Late 2014. http://durancemagazine.org/2012/02/paramount-announces-that-a-second-spongebob-squarepants-movie-will-come-in-2014/
Whoops.. typo sorry. That's what I meant. Just as the first post of this topic says :)
Also, if you registered, your posts would get approved automatically. Might be a good idea if you wanna join in on some of the discussions here

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
No real news, but this is a picture from Paul Tibbitt's Twitter:
https://pbs.twimg.co...Ale4C.jpg:large
Looks like it says "Story Pitch Notes". Now I'm even more excited for the movie.

Thanks for sharing!
Stuff like that makes me excited all over again. :D
I like how, after all this time, they still use the original logo for pitches and storyboards etc. Makes me feel very nostalgic.

Back