Sponge Out of Water SpongeBob Movie 2 - confirmed! *SPOILERS*

Jibbix

Balloon Traveler
That would be pretty awesome, Phillip.

Another thing that I look forward to, and one thing I like about Post Movie, is that the new writers enjoy doing more cinematic shots, and use more visual techniques (see episodes like Dunces And Dragons, A SquarePants Family Vacation, and Krabs A La Mode) and that sounds like it'd make for a great movie action sequence. Like the sequence in the first movie, when the creepy Grandma FrogFish Mr. Whiskers thing chased Sponge and Pat in the Patty Wagon? More scenes like that would be really cool.

JCM

#cancelspongebob
Especially more awesome for me becuase literally my childhood will end then. (i.e. I turn 18 in 2014)
What a coincidence! I graduate high school in 2014! I think this will be a fitting end to both our childhoods.

Ten years is a long wait for the sequel, but I managed to wait 11 years for Toy Story 3, so as long as this movie doesn't suck, it'll all be worth it.

Edit: Also, George Lucas is a great writer. Forget you guys.

I don't know what to say but.......

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG :coolio: :coolio: :coolio:

Spongey34

Dafano
Staff
Aging or ageless? That’s the question for Nickelodeon and its plucky sea sponge who lives in a pineapple under the sea.

In 2014,Viacom’s Paramount Pictures unit will introduce a new“SpongeBob SquarePants”movie intended to give the global franchise and its Nickelodeon network a boost. In addition to box-office sales, Viacom is hoping the movie will also set off a rush on related consumer products.

“This will be a Nickelodeon-branded movie,” Viacom’s chief executive, Philippe Dauman, said in an interview in his Times Square office. “We’ll license the toys, but we own it.”

Created by a marine biologist turned animator, “SpongeBob SquarePants” had its premiere on Nickelodeon in 1999 and became one of the biggest hits of all time — with high ratings and big demand for products like SpongeBob backpacks, beach towels and skateboards. Ratings are still good, but in recent years rivals like “Phineas and Ferb” onDisneyand the live-action “iCarly” on Nick have come along.

The character’s last time on the big screen was in 2004, in “The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie,” which followed SpongeBob as he tried to track down a stolen crown outside the comfort of his Bikini Bottom dwellings. The movie grossed $85.4 million domestically and $54.7 million abroad, according toBoxOfficeMojo.com.

Fresh off an Oscar victory for best animated feature for“Rango,”Mr. Dauman said he was bullish about Paramount’s new animation studio. The goal is to use new technology to make animated movies that cost no more than $100 million.

The “SpongeBob” movie also fits into Paramount’s larger effort to make fewer films each year but focus on franchises that can be easily exported abroad and lead to consumer products. The studio has a“Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles”movie in development to coincide with the debut of the revamped cartoon on Nickelodeon.

“SpongeBob is as vigorous as ever and firmly fits into that slate of franchise brands,” Mr. Dauman said.

The new release is meant to help reinvigorate the series on the cable network, whose ratings have slipped a bit recently. Nick, the top-rated network for children, has long wanted to forge a relationship with Paramount, but internal squabbling delayed collaborations.

Mr. Dauman said he expected the new movie to do much better overseas than the 2004 feature, given Nickelodeon’s increasingly global reach. “This will continue to propel SpongeBob internationally,” he said.

Let’s hope SpongeBob, Squidward and Patrick the starfish have valid passports.
http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/03/04/return-to-big-screen-for-spongebob/

Faceboy Face

Imitation Krab
Holy... It's been almost 8 years since the first one!?! Time flies. I still remember getting the console game and playing the 3D game on Nick.com (where you drive around Bikini Bottom in the krabby patty car) in preparation for the movie. Good times.

Cha

I love SBM
Holy... It's been almost 8 years since the first one!?! Time flies. I still remember getting the console game and playing the 3D game on Nick.com (where you drive around Bikini Bottom in the krabby patty car) in preparation for the movie. Good times.

Same here, I remember playing the game for the movie. I hope this movie does well, only time can tell.

SBManiac!!!!!!

welp bye lol
BEST NEWS I'VE HEARD ALL YEAR.

While this statement certainly is still true to me, I'd really like this movie to be the end of SpongeBob. That way the show can finish the way it was supposed to. But if the kids like it...

Especially more awesome for me becuase literally my childhood will end then. (i.e. I turn 18 in 2014)

That's really cool, Philip! :D I, however, would still have a year to go before my childhood ends; it's still close enough for me, though. I mean, how many other cartoons have lasted during most of an entire generation's lifetime?

OMG, I was not the only one who used to be addicted to that game!! (Infact, I kind of still am. :P)

Mavaxis Starburner

I love SBM
yay.jpg

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
I hope it's not even a sequel, to be honest, since the first movie was meant to be the series finale and still technically counts as the very last point on the Spongebob timeline. I would be uncomfortable if they disturbed that.

I'm also praying that they don't call it "The Spongebob Squarepants Movie 2". It's not only unimaginative; it's a mouthful. :wacko:

TL;DR
- I hope it's a stand-alone movie
- I hope they give it a decent name

I hope it's not even a sequel, to be honest, since the first movie was meant to be the series finale and still technically counts as the very last point on the Spongebob timeline. I would be uncomfortable if they disturbed that.

I'm also praying that they don't call it "The Spongebob Squarepants Movie 2". It's not only unimaginative; it's a mouthful. :wacko:

TL;DR
- I hope it's a stand-alone movie
- I hope they give it a decent name

I actually agree with everything you said.

Though I kind of want to see the Krusty Krab 2. :/

Jibbix

Balloon Traveler
I see how a stand-alone movie could work (and I wouldn't want it to be a direct sequel, either; imagine the second movie opening with Spongebob falling from that freeze frame jump he did at the end of the first movie :P), but for the title...... What else could they call it? Really. That seems to be the only title they could give it.

I see how a stand-alone movie could work (and I wouldn't want it to be a direct sequel, either; imagine the second movie opening with Spongebob falling from that freeze frame jump he did at the end of the first movie :P), but for the title...... What else could they call it? Really. That seems to be the only title they could give it.

A movie about SpongeBob jumping down from a freeze frame would likely result in a movie about the Krusty Krab 2, which ultimately breaks the whole SB Movie endpoint thing.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
but for the title...... What else could they call it? Really. That seems to be the only title they could give it.

Well, for example, the second Rugrats movie wasn't called "The Rugrats Movie 2". It was called "Rugrats in Paris".
I prefer titles like that; it always seems kind of cheap when they just stick a number on the end.

Well, for example, the second Rugrats movie wasn't called "The Rugrats Movie 2". It was called "Rugrats in Paris".
I prefer titles like that; it always seems kind of cheap when they just stick a number on the end.

SpongeBob in New Kelp City? Just a thought. :P But yeah, that makes sense.

Back