SpongeBob Movie 2 - confirmed! *SPOILERS*

singing penny

67 posts

$2 doubloons
Well, it now uses the new logo in a way but sorta uses the old one with the drawing of spongebob and the background.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.

9,319 posts

$945 doubloons
By the way, I asked Paul Tibbitt and he says this isn't the official logo ("nothing official yet"), which isn't a surprise but I thought I'd better make sure. :)

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.

9,319 posts

$945 doubloons
The movie is mentioned briefly in this (poorly written) interview:
http://www.hollywood.com/news/SpongeBob_Squarepants_Christmas_Special_Tom_Kenny_Interview/46672369

Looking ahead, I know you're doing another Spongebob movie. Have you begun work on that?

Kenny: No, but I'm excited about it. Not even close though — I know very little about it, but I know the show is on a break form awhile. We just wrapped on some of the episodes before the movie, because the writers get repurposed on to the movie. So it's a break. But we've renegotiated so I don't think the show is ending.
A couple of things to note:
- For a while we've been getting conflicting information about whether the show is on hiatus, so this is another tally in the "yes" box
- Berger and Aibel are confirmed as screenwriters, but if Tom Kenny is correct it looks like the series writers will be involved with the movie, too

Cha♥

Banished

6,646 posts

$3,667 doubloons
If it's anything like the first movie then it probably will go on hiatus when the time comes.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.

9,319 posts

$945 doubloons
I forgot to mention that I've assembled a timeline of significant events and put it in the original post, so that you can see what happened when without having to read every single post in the thread. :)

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.

9,319 posts

$945 doubloons
Saw that on on Flickr the other day and nearly had a heart attack ... then I saw that it was tagged with "joke".

They do love messing with us. :p
Trolololol

Jibbix

1,130 posts

$1,396 doubloons
I checked out some of his work; Guy seems neat. Hope he brings something fresh to the table.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.

9,319 posts

$945 doubloons
Added a list of people we know are working on the movie so far (some from news articles, some from other sources such as Twitter and Linkedin).