Sponge Out of Water SpongeBob Movie 2 - confirmed! *SPOILERS*

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
Supmandude said:
It might mean that it's a 3D movie (with the glasses) but that the actual movie is animated in 2D for the most part and the 2D animation is just going to be made to look 3D if you go to see it that way. Just a guess.

I really hope the movie isn't named "SpongeBob 3D", though. That just sounds like a ride.
If we could just see a clip ...
This whole 2D/3D thing has been worrying me for the longest time. Every time we hear something new about it I get more confused because everything seems so contradictory. I trust Tibbitt when he says it's mostly 2D animation, but there's definitely CG animation too and it looks like the movie as a whole will be 3D, whatever that means. My best bet is still 2D characters for the most part and then they turn CG at some point.

I agree about the name. "SpongeBob SquarePants 3D" would be easily confused with the two rides. The logo on the slide they showed looks rather plain so maybe it's just a placeholder.

More

VIP
That new title worries me, but I want to see the clip so bad!

Cha

I love SBM
Yeah I mean, I love the whole 3d world of the multiple video games of the franchise. They're all good in their own universes. But mixing the traditional 2D of the show and 3D of (The Great Jelly Rescue perhaps?) would likely get some people steamed. You can't worry about the future until you see a clip of both scenarios.

SpongeyKid

mynameisspongeykid
I feel like if I keep coming to this topic, a big spoiler from the movie will splat me right in the face :P

I have to be careful :shiftyninja:

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
Doowopasaurus said:
Well, you could be in the past.
Nah, isn't it more likely that the entire world went to the future?
If that member is from the future, I would be from the past. :P

ScumBob

sicko m0de
Smaher said:
Also, Zeus Cervas is helping out CH Greenblatt on his new show, Bad Seeds. And Vincent Waller confirmed that CH Greenblatt is helping out with the movie. So, CH Greenblatt seems to be back on the team.
Aww, man. I LOVE CH Greenblatt's work.

DadMom AngryPants said:
Looks like quite a few animators on this movie previously worked on "The Lego Movie":
Wait....isn't the animation studio of SpongeBob in South Korea?

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
SpongeCob said:
Aww, man. I LOVE CH Greenblatt's work.

Wait....isn't the animation studio of SpongeBob in South Korea?
The 2D animation is done by Rough Draft in Korea. The people in that list are animators for an Australian animation company called Iloura.

SpongeyKid

mynameisspongeykid
Sorry to be somewhat off topic here but: Was the lego movie really that excellent? They could really make the new SB movie better?

Take A Step, Inside Your Mind! I'm Stalking you.
SpongeyKid said:
Sorry to be somewhat off topic here but: Was the lego movie really that excellent? They could really make the new SB movie better?
It was great! Not one flaw I could detect in 2 TIMES SEEING IT! It has such a majority of a variety that it's perfect The SB Movie will be like that in at least 1 way I bet.

ScumBob

sicko m0de
iyamtheman72 said:
Vince also said they got some great animation back and that Sherm's done a lot of work on the second movie. I can't wait for the plot too.
Hey, your in an animated atrocity episode!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPXgARDOuC0&list=UUOCs7lAn_5fZWhnqMOOYfXQ

kev

innit
I'm betting that the title would be just be "SpongeBob SquarePants" because it would make more sense if it was titular.

Back