Spongebob Is Asexual, not Aromantic

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
SpongeBob our ace king!! The conception that asexual people can't date is an annoying one, so I appreciate the clarification. Though I do also hc SpongeBob as aro lol.

Sara SquarePants

Lover of Spongie
Asexual just means SpongeBob isn't interested in sex right?

Aromantic means he has no interest in love or a romantic relationship

SpongeBob is either 33 or 36 because my brother Josh was born in 1989 and Spongie-poo's license says his birthday is July 14 1986

Last edited:

Juniper_Belmer

Imitation Krab
The reason why sandy doesn't feel the same way is because she doesn't want to be "bi" as the kids say nowdays.

Juniper_Belmer

Imitation Krab
Asexual just means SpongeBob isn't interested in sex right?

Aromantic means he has no interest in love or a romantic relationship

SpongeBob is either 33 or 36 because my brother Josh was born in 1989 and Spongie-poo's license says his birthday is July 14 1986
He has a crush on sponge bob. Read this.https://www.google.com/search?q=who+does+spongebob+have+a+crush+on&rlz=1CARLJX_enUS1048&oq=who+does+spongebob+have+a+crush+on&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j0i22i30l6j0i390i650.6860j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&safe=active&ssui=on#imgrc=ECJcZ1b-4Hv7wM It's on the link. And Spongebob and sandy are actually legally married and there first encounter was obviously a date.

Sara SquarePants

Lover of Spongie
He has a crush on sponge bob. Read this.https://www.google.com/search?q=who+does+spongebob+have+a+crush+on&rlz=1CARLJX_enUS1048&oq=who+does+spongebob+have+a+crush+on&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j0i22i30l6j0i390i650.6860j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&safe=active&ssui=on#imgrc=ECJcZ1b-4Hv7wM It's on the link. And Spongebob and sandy are actually legally married and there first encounter was obviously a date.

Oh my...

Ssj4squidward

Part Computer or Something
SpongeBob is said to be by Stephen himself “almost” asexual. So he isn’t asexual he just doesn’t have a strong sex drive. He’s gone on dates with girls,rarely like when he sold chocolate bars so he’s clearly straight. The quote gets misquoted.

FryBob PattyPants

Semi-Anthropomorphic Sponge
SpongeBob is said to be by Stephen himself “almost” asexual. So he isn’t asexual he just doesn’t have a strong sex drive. He’s gone on dates with girls,rarely like when he sold chocolate bars so he’s clearly straight. The quote gets misquoted.
Furthermore supporting what @Ssj4squidward said, the driving license ALSO states that his gender is male, meaning that would be his orientation despite his true genetics. So he is (most likely) straight.

TheAlphaSponge

Yandere
@emilylobster , Just a reminder, there has been discussion about SpongeBob being asexual and unable to date. Additionally, according to Stephen Hillenburg, the creator, he considered SpongeBob to be almost asexual, meaning he falls somewhere on the spectrum. So, SpongeBob's dating life is open to interpretation.

TheAlphaSponge

Yandere
Furthermore supporting what @Ssj4squidward said, the driving license ALSO states that his gender is male, meaning that would be his orientation despite his true genetics. So he is (most likely) straight.
In addition to @Ssj4squidward's point, the driving license also indicates his gender as male, suggesting that his orientation aligns with that. However, it's important to remember that orientation is not solely determined by genetics. Therefore, it is likely that he identifies as straight.

spongebobscenequeen

spongebob fan since birth :3
The reason why sandy doesn't feel the same way is because she doesn't want to be "bi" as the kids say nowdays.
excuse me?wut........? according to record gen z and gen y and gen a are literally the gayest on record? (no offense im bi too) id be thrilled if spongebob was bi whatchu saying

Hugs4Softie

South Park Elementary Student of the Month
This has to be the worst thread I've seen all day. Seriously people are debating who SpongeBob has a crush on, something I never thought I'd talk about here.

But anyway, SpongeBob is our ace icon. Nice to see an ace character, since I'm an ace myself.

Feel like this thread is a Spandy and Squidbob shipper trap though.

TheAlphaSponge

Yandere
This has to be the worst thread I've seen all day. Seriously people are debating who SpongeBob has a crush on, something I never thought I'd talk about here.

But anyway, SpongeBob is our ace icon. Nice to see an ace character, since I'm an ace myself.

Feel like this thread is a Spandy and Squidbob shipper trap though.
Agreed. I'm an ace too. 🖤🩶🤍💚

Back