SpongeBob Fan Drama.

DJ Sagara

Bomb-Selling Pirate
For those of you who don't know (most probably don't), there is this fan girl of the SpongeBob Musical who has gone WAY overboard (pun intended). Now, there are some things she does that I can actually respect, and many other fans of particular Broadway shows who have done the same thing, such as seeing the show multiple times, meeting with the cast members at the stage door a lot, and even trying to develop relationships with the cast members. Those things I can respect.

HOWEVER, this particular fan has gone beyond that. She live streams the show on Instagram, which is ILLEGAL, edited the cast members Wikipedia pages saying stuff like they're amazing and if you disagree she’ll hunt and kill you, called Lilli Cooper (Sandy) the b word because she dared to block her on Instagram, and has stalked Ethan Slater (SpongeBob) by following him to his house via the train he takes, as well as calling another fan autistic because they met Slater.

People began noticing a lot of the garbage she's said and done, and thus has caused a lot of problems for her. She issued a lengthy MeToo apology, basically saying she was sorry, but also said that what she did is okay because other fans did the same things she did, as well as the fact that it was okay because she's 15 years old. She also complained that it was unfair that every fandom she's tried to become apart of, like the Rubik's Cube fandom (which exists apparently) has treated her like garbage.

My thoughts? First of all, I feel really bad for Ethan. Being on Broadway, especially as a lead role, can very brutal and grueling, so the fact that he has to worry about a crazy fan following him probably hasn't helped. Also, people like her are reasons SpongeBob fans like us are stereotyped as blind fans who are hyper obsessive with anything related to the franchise.

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
I have the feeling her mental state would snap if someone wears SpongeBob’s clothes to their high school prom.

In all seriousness, this must be the first time in a looong time that a SpongeBob fan was this nutty. Sure there was that kid who wrote letters to SpongeBob back in 2007, but he was just a kid. This behaviour is bordering on Rick & Brony.
To be fair the Rubik's Cube fandom is really bad. Their ships disturb me and they drove an artist to the brink of suicide for drawing a skinny Rubik's Cube.
Admit it, you just left because
Yellow Yellow Green
Yellow White Red
Blue Orange Red
isn’t everyone’s waifu.

Jai The Guy

Aren't we all bunnies now?
Honest Slug said:
To be fair the Rubik's Cube fandom is really bad. Their ships disturb me and they drove an artist to the brink of suicide for drawing a skinny Rubik's Cube.
I'm apart of the Megaminx fandom

dmandaboi

I love SBM
Absolutely disgusting.

24m5ctk.jpg

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
Wow, there's actually a 15 year old out there who's more immature than me.

Sad.

DJ Sagara

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Absolutely disgusting.

24m5ctk.jpg

That’s why I prefer Game and Watch......

So she issued ANOTHER lengthy “apology”, and it’s gotten to the point that her school has gotten involved, with her now saying it’s like THEY are stalking HER.

You know, it would probably a lot easier to forgive her is she just stopped harassing them.....

Back